ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Would you take Te'o with the 2nd round pick? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269063)

milkman 01-19-2013 11:59 AM

A MLB/ILB with marginal speed to cover?

Not a ****ing chance.

Mr. Laz 01-19-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9333040)
Correct. That's IF we haven't drafted a QB in the 1st.

I'm not sure that matters

If Tyler Wilson is there in the 2nd round i think we have to seriously consider selecting him EVEN IF we have already selected Geno Smith.

Not only could he provide an insurance policy and valuable depth, he could also be traded for a 1st round pick later on if he turns out to be good.

Frankie 01-19-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9332215)
Haha

It would be ****ed up to replace Belcher (who killed his girlfriend) with Teo (who acted like his made up girlfriend died)

WOW, good observation. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9332228)
No way.

I said way back in December (maybe November) that he was slow as shit and was basically a poor man's Rey Maualuga, who lasted until the second.

Unless the guy runs a 4.43 (which he won't - maybe a 5.43), he's a 4th rounder.

More like what I think of him. But then I repeat, my idea of him was only formed after watching him in parts of two late season games plus the National Champ game.

notorious 01-19-2013 12:13 PM

Combine.

Mr. Laz 01-19-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9333057)
Combine.

that too

He will have to show enough speed and quicknees to be able to handle NFL level talent or his stock will drop like a rock.

CaliforniaChief 01-19-2013 12:20 PM

Yeah, he would never fall for a fake.

You can't overstate the role that his "story" played in his evaluation. It pointed to him as a leader, as strong, the kind of guy you want on your team.

Whether he played a role in the hoax or not, that story isn't really his story and now you're forced to look at him as just another MLB draft prospect.

I'd take Minter, Ogletree, A. Jackson, Nico Johnson, and Shayne Skov before I'd take Te'o.

Frankie 01-19-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9333044)

If Tyler Wilson is there in the 2nd round i think we have to seriously consider selecting him EVEN IF we have already selected Geno Smith.

Not only could he provide an insurance policy and valuable depth, he could also be traded for a 1st round pick later on if he turns out to be good.

If teams know we NEED to get rid of a QB they won't give us a 1st for him.

milkman 01-19-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9333076)

Why would we need to get rid of back up QB?

notorious 01-19-2013 12:45 PM

The writers that said we needed to take this douche dragon at #1 need to be fisted by Andre the Giant.

SAUTO 01-19-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9333044)

this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz 01-19-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9333076)

with the new draft salary slotting there wouldn't be any NEED to get rid of a QB. It would totally be a voluntary/value move.

Mr. Laz 01-19-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9333094)
this.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't think i would for any other QB but if we have a chance to get the 2 best QB's in the draft(imo) then you have to seriously consider it.

I have Geno/Wilson as my #1/#2

Frankie 01-19-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9333077)
Why would we need to get rid of back up QB?

I wouldn't consider a QB I pick at the top of the 2nd, "back up." I consider him insurance in case the #1 busts. If they don't bust then we will have 2 high salaried players and will keep only one. Other teams will know that. The scenario I replied to was Geno in the 1st and Wilson in the 2nd. The author was suggesting that we then could trade Wilson away for someone's 1st.

And BTW, until further data, I consider Wilson in the 2nd a much wiser pick than Geno in the 1st. Unless Geno in the 1st is a result of trade down and Dorsey has raped a team out of a bunch of draft choices for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9333124)
with the new draft salary slotting there wouldn't be any NEED to get rid of a QB. It would totally be a voluntary/value move.

I just strongly doubt Dorsey will go QB 1 & 2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9333128)
I have Geno/Smith as my #1/#2

WHAAA???!!!

keg in kc 01-19-2013 04:59 PM

No.

He was exposed in the title game for what he is, an okay college player that had his reputation blown up by the Notre Dame hype machine. He was completely overmatched by Alabama's players, and it'll be even worse on the field against an NFL roster.

Saccopoo 01-19-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9333065)
Yeah, he would never fall for a fake.

You can't overstate the role that his "story" played in his evaluation. It pointed to him as a leader, as strong, the kind of guy you want on your team.

Whether he played a role in the hoax or not, that story isn't really his story and now you're forced to look at him as just another MLB draft prospect.

I'd take Minter, Ogletree, A. Jackson, Nico Johnson, and Shayne Skov before I'd take Te'o.

Jon Bostic, Florida, is an absolute animal at MLB.