ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Fire Haley (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249787)

KCrockaholic 09-11-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7899977)
This forum was full up with those that wanted Shwartz, and I also really wanted to take a look at Ron Rivera.

Jim Shwartz was my #1 option. Then Haley 2nd. I'm not saying to cut Haley's head at all yet. I think he needs to quit playing favorites, and quit bringing in guys just because he knew them once, or because he used to coach a certain player. That shit rarely works. Yeah it worked with Dick, but these guys Todd brings in from his old teams are worthless. Maybe besides Breaston.

Anyways, I'm still on the Haley bandwagon for now.

Hammock Parties 09-11-2011 08:26 PM

Anyone who wanted Schwartz should slow their roll, because he would have up and retained Gunther, and **** that.

HemiEd 09-11-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 7897884)
Those checkdowns are murder. He simply cannot seem to find sufficient confidence to heave the damn thing downfield.

FAX

Other than the problems already mentioned, Cassel continued to stare down his primary receiver today.

I am beginning to doubt he can ever get over that, kind of like a dog that gets in the chicken coupe, and eats the eggs.

The only cure is anti freeze.

KCrockaholic 09-11-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7900000)
Anyone who wanted Schwartz should slow their roll, because he would have up and retained Gunther, and **** that.

Ok. Probably true. I still like Schwartz as a head coach as is though. Not a fan of his tag-a-long.

milkman 09-11-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 7899993)
Jim Shwartz was my #1 option. Then Haley 2nd. I'm not saying to cut Haley's head at all yet. I think he needs to quit playing favorites, and quit bringing in guys just because he knew them once, or because he used to coach a certain player. That shit rarely works. Yeah it worked with Dick, but these guys Todd brings in from his old teams are worthless. Maybe besides Breaston.

Anyways, I'm still on the Haley bandwagon for now.

I am also not ready to throw out Haley, though the decision to promote Bill Muir to OC and playcaller is one I just can not get behind, and, while I thought the concept of the plan was a good one, the execution of the plan wasn't.

luv 09-11-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7899960)
It takes the ball out of Matt Cassel's hands.

We had some women down the row from us who kept yelling for Palko. He is our third string, right?

milkman 09-11-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Gunther Cunningham, by himself, is a moronic disaster of titanic proportions.

However, with a smart defensive HC holding his hand, the iceberg can be avoided.

WhiteWhale 09-11-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

I'm not a fan of Gunther at all, but I took it into account. I knew if we hired him, gun was staying and I didn't really want that.

Even with that fact in mind I still thought he was the best option at the time we were looking. As I said, it's all in hypothetical land now. He was just the coach I liked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7900016)
Gunther Cunningham, by himself, is a moronic disaster of titanic proportions.

However, with a smart defensive HC holding his hand, the iceberg can be avoided.

This was my feeling as well.

Still, I'm not writing off Haley and trying to play an "I told you so" Card. Both Schwartz and Haley still have a lot to prove as head coaches.

KCrockaholic 09-11-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7900011)
I am also not ready to throw out Haley, though the decision to promote Bill Muir to OC and playcaller is one I just can not get behind, and, while I thought the concept of the plan was a good one, the execution of the plan wasn't.

I don't like it either. I'd rather see Zorn call the plays. Hell even Nick Sirriani. Anybody but Muir or Haley calling the plays. I'm hoping Muir gets that title stripped if he keeps calling plays like a moron.

milkman 09-11-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7900014)
We had some women down the row from us who kept yelling for Palko. He is our third string, right?

Define "third string".

If by 'Third string", you mean that is his ceiling, well, you're at least close.

Third string High School JV team.

But sadly, he's our #2, backing up our college #2 quality starter.

KCrockaholic 09-11-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7900027)

But sadly, he's our #2, backing up our college #2 quality starter.

Haha. Nice way to think about it.

Simply Red 09-11-2011 08:36 PM

****ing fire him.

Haley NOW looks like a crying little bitch w/ his recent and not so recent post game comments directed toward/to the opposing coaches, IMO.

007 09-11-2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 7900052)
****ing fire him.

Haley NOW looks like a crying little bitch w/ his recent and not so recent post game comments directed toward/to the opposing coaches, IMO.

What did he say today? I couldn't bring myself to listen to it.

Simply Red 09-11-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7900062)
What did he say today? I couldn't bring myself to listen to it.

no no - not today - toward Harbaugh, hell and even someone else IIRC, NOT named 'McDouchebag.'

He's a buster. -->> http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=busta

Simply Red 09-11-2011 08:44 PM

My opinion of him literally took a shit today. No reversing that, I'll hope for the best and pull for the Braves to ****ing do something in post-season, but come Sundays for the remainder of the season, I will not be planning anything around these Chief games.