ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Plwase explain this to me (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268824)

Mother****erJones 01-12-2013 11:31 PM

Plwase explain this to me

Why do people say Peyton is arguably the best QB of all time?

1 Super Bowl win

1 Super Bowl choke

9-11 playoff record

Listening to these NFL douches say this makes me wonder

In58men 01-12-2013 11:33 PM

From OrangeMane

In the 12 seasons (Manning) made the playoffs he has 11 playoff losses (t-most ever), 5 playoff losses at home (all as the 1, 2, or 3 seed), a game-losing interception in the superbowl, and 8 one-and-dones (remember, out of a possible 12)?
What did you expect when the Broncos signed him? Predicting anything other than one and done from him would be awfully delusional. He makes terrible decisions in the clutch and more often than not loses the first game of the playoffs, even when he's the prohibitive favorite to win.
Those who do not know history.....

Mother****erJones 01-12-2013 11:35 PM

8 one and dones? Jeez he and KC are a perfect match

Psyko Tek 01-12-2013 11:37 PM

he won an oreo lick off with the williams sisters

GloryDayz 01-12-2013 11:37 PM

What are these playoffs you speak of? Is our team allowed to participate?

Deberg_1990 01-12-2013 11:38 PM

Could never beat the Florida Gators....

milkman 01-12-2013 11:39 PM

I was a lone voice years ago when calling Manning a choker.

Demonpenz 01-12-2013 11:41 PM

people who call him the best all time are just dumb, that is why.

Sorter 01-12-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9312318)
people who call him the best all time are just dumb, that is why.

He might be the regular season GOAT...

but he's a choker when it counts.

DTLB58 01-12-2013 11:45 PM

I think they are referring to the regular season.

ThaVirus 01-12-2013 11:51 PM

I still think he's the best QB I've ever seen play; but I'm relatively young and my legitimate NFL football watching days only date back to the 03 season.

Really, the only guys you could put against him are:

Tom Brady- I could field the argument. Brady is pretty cool in the pocket and makes great decisions, but when he gets harassed the dude looks ROUGH. Most statues like him tend to look like shit when they're constantly being pressured, but I take points away from him for not being a bit more mobile (like an Aarong Rodgers).

Brett Favre- No. **** that guy.

Eli Manning- This has come up a lot lately with his 2 Super Bowls, but I think the dude is just lucky like a mother****er. They got hot at the perfect times to make those runs, but they pretty much backed into the playoffs in those two Super Bowl seasons and you can point to two unbelievably lucky plays to get the victory (the helmet catch by Tyree and the Welker drop last year, although his deep, sideline pass to Manningham in the last Bowl was amazingly clutch).

Drew Brees- He just hasn't been as good as Peyton.

Aaron Rodgers- I think he's the most physically gifted and complete QB in the league, but he hasn't been doing it long enough for me to stack him up next to Peyton.

Donovan McNabb, no. Ben Roethlisberger, no..

Bugeater 01-12-2013 11:51 PM

He's the greatest QB whose only won 1 Super Bowl.

007 01-12-2013 11:51 PM

Peyton Manning

milkman 01-12-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9312354)
He's the greatest QB whose only won 1 Super Bowl.

Johnny Unitas.

Sorter 01-12-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9312350)
I still think he's the best QB I've ever seen play; but I'm relatively young and my legitimate NFL football watching days only date back to the 03 season.

Really, the only guys you could put against him are:

Tom Brady- I could field the argument. Brady is pretty cool in the pocket and makes great decisions, but when he gets harassed the dude looks ROUGH. Most statues like him tend to look like shit when they're constantly being pressured, but I take points away from him for not being a bit more mobile (like an Aarong Rodgers).

Brett Favre- No. **** that guy.

Eli Manning- This has come up a lot lately with his 2 Super Bowls, but I think the dude is just lucky like a mother****er. They got hot at the perfect times to make those runs, but they pretty much backed into the playoffs in those two Super Bowl seasons and you can point to two unbelievably lucky plays to get the victory (the helmet catch by Tyree and the Welker drop last year, although his deep, sideline pass to Manningham in the last Bowl was amazingly clutch).

Drew Brees- He just hasn't been as good as Peyton.

Aaron Rodgers- I think he's the most physically gifted and complete QB in the league, but he hasn't been doing it long enough for me to stack him up next to Peyton.

Donovan McNabb, no. Ben Roethlisberger, no..

If Favre hadn't thrown that INT against the Saints, he'd be worshipped by all. That guy got the **** beat out of him, still performed well, had horrific fumbles by Peterson and Berrian and still made it an OT loss in NO.

I personally think Tom is the 2nd best behind Montana overall, and can surpass him with another SB victory.

Bugeater 01-13-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9312371)
Johnny Unitas.

Ok, then he's the best ****ing QB that I've seen only win one Super Bowl.

Goddamn old people...:shake:

tk13 01-13-2013 12:05 AM

Hootie is going to come to your house and murder you. Just thought you deserved a heads up.

Bump 01-13-2013 12:06 AM

nobody says he's the best of all time. The only 2 options are Joe Montana and Tom Brady.

KurtCobain 01-13-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9312385)
nobody says he's the best of all time.

Meet hootie.

007 01-13-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9312376)
Ok, then he's the best ****ing QB that I've seen only win one Super Bowl.

Goddamn old people...:shake:

LMAO

In58men 01-13-2013 12:11 AM

I think he's the smartest QB to ever play the game not the best.

Montana > Manning

Brady > Manning

ThaVirus 01-13-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9312372)
If Favre hadn't thrown that INT against the Saints, he'd be worshipped by all. That guy got the **** beat out of him, still performed well, had horrific fumbles by Peterson and Berrian and still made it an OT loss in NO.

I personally think Tom is the 2nd best behind Montana overall, and can surpass him with another SB victory.

No.

Brett Favre sucks.

That's final.

In58men 01-13-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9312385)
nobody says he's the best of all time. The only 2 options are Joe Montana and Tom Brady.

Sorry didnt see your post.

Q me

Deberg_1990 01-13-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9312399)

Montana > Manning

Brady > Manning

Elway > Manning

In58men 01-13-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9312407)
Elway > Manning

Yes, you are correct.

Audit2 01-13-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9312282)
Why do people say Peyton is arguably the best QB of all time?

1 Super Bowl win

1 Super Bowl choke

9-11 playoff record

Listening to these NFL douches say this makes me wonder

He was awarded the MVP and didn't do anything. The RBs saved his butt in that game.

ThaVirus 01-13-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9312399)

I think that's what it is right there. I've never seen a QB with as much knowledge as him; he just isn't clutch. Simple as that.

Anyone remember in the Super Bowl or some playoff game (pretty sure it was the Super Bowl he won), he got injured late in the game. It wasn't super serious or anything but he went to the sidelines and, like, pointed at Sorgi while he was warming up with kind of a "you might need to go in there and help us out soon" look. Then Manning nutted up and went out there and won the game.

Did this actually happen or am I making this shit up?

Anyway, I always felt like that pretty much showed that Peyton's not clutch and he knows it. He had the minor injury, made a spectacle of how he might not be 100% or good enough to finish the game, then goes out there once the pressure's off him to win the game..

Sorter 01-13-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9312401)
No.

Brett Favre sucks.

That's final.

When you say he sucks, I laugh. Personally, I view Cassel as sucking. Are you putting Favre on the same level or using it as a relative term to Tom/Montana/etc. ?

ThaVirus 01-13-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9312420)
When you say he sucks, I laugh. Personally, I view Cassel as sucking. Are you putting Favre on the same level or using it as a relative term to Tom/Montana/etc. ?

Relative to the greats..

He's the worst great QB, if that makes it any better.

Sorter 01-13-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9312426)
Relative to the greats..

He's the worst great QB, if that makes it any better.

Okay, no that makes sense. :)

ThaVirus 01-13-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9312428)
Okay, no that makes sense. :)

While we're at it, Emmitt Smith is the worst great RB as well.

I do not like that guy.

Sorter 01-13-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9312432)

I do not like that guy.

Yeah, I don't know what to attribute it to exactly but people growing up and still even in college consistently say that they think Emmitt was better than Barry.

Then I laugh at them and walk away. JFC. I just don't understand it sometimes.
It is on par with KnowMo saying Decker+Thomas>Harrison + Wayne. What in the flying ****? LMAO

ChiefsCountry 01-13-2013 12:27 AM

Here are the quarterbacks, Manning has beat in the playoffs.

Jake Plummer
Trent Green
Jake Plummer
Trent Green
Steve McNair
Tom Brady
Rex Grossman
Joe Flacco
Mark Sanchez

milkman 01-13-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9312432)

I do not like that guy.

First, I agree that Brett Favre sucks.

He was a terrible decision maker that made enough plays at the end of games to overcome mistakes that he made earlier to earn a reputation as a guy that could lead comebacks.

But the Pack lost a shot ton of games, and a bunch of playoff games, as the direct result of his stupidity with the ball.

As to Smith, hell, I could have run for 10,000 yards behind that OL.

Sorter 01-13-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9312447)
First, I agree that Brett Favre sucks.

He was a terrible decision maker that made enough plays at the end of games to overcome mistakes that he made earlier to earn a reputation as a guy that could lead comebacks.

But the Pack lost a shot ton of games, and a bunch of playoff games, as the direct result of his stupidity with the ball.

As to Smith, hell, I could have run for 10,000 yards behind that OL.

Agree entirely.

IMO, Favre playing in Minny his first year was the most disciplined/effective version of Favre ever. If that was how he played his whole career, he'd have been an absolute monster. JMHO, but I have a soft spot for the guy due to his toughness.

ThaVirus 01-13-2013 12:56 AM

I'm glad we're all in agreement.

Favre was a tough ****er, that's for sure. Milkman put it pretty well though; the dude was a dumbass with the football. Perfect example of shitty decision making and a guy trusting his arm too much.

Amnorix 01-13-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9312440)
Here are the quarterbacks, Manning has beat in the playoffs.

Jake Plummer
Trent Green
Jake Plummer
Trent Green
Steve McNair
Tom Brady
Rex Grossman
Joe Flacco
Mark Sanchez

Not that anybody asked, but your post piqued my interest so just for comparison's sake, Brady has beat:

Peyton Manning (x2 I think). (freaking Eli... *sigh*)
Kurt Warner
Roethlisberger
Rich Gannon
Donovan McNabb
Joe Flacco
Philip Rivers (x2)
Steve McNair
Jake Delhomme
Byron Leftwich
Chad Pennington
Kordell Stewart
Tim Tebow
David Garrard

Interesting that the Steelers and Pats have been dominant AFC powers for the last 10 years in the AFC but have only met once in the playoffs in Roethlisberger's 9 or so year career.

bevischief 01-13-2013 06:07 AM

Where you drunk?

Mother****erJones 01-13-2013 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9312313)

Would rather have that choker than Casshole and Harley Quinn

Baby Lee 01-13-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9312313)

The hell you say.

Chief Roundup 01-13-2013 09:02 AM

It depends on how you want to define the best QB of all time.
Are you defining them by regular season or post season?
The best teams win in the post season because of the level of competition. Manning has not been on very many teams that would qualify as the best "team". This year like just a couple of others Manning was on a good overall team. But this year when Manning had a good team around him the coach didn't do anything to help him either with the conservative play calling. Wasted time on the clock. A problem with defensive minded HC's.

lewdog 01-13-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9312290)
From OrangeMane

In the 12 seasons (Manning) made the playoffs he has 11 playoff losses (t-most ever), 5 playoff losses at home (all as the 1, 2, or 3 seed), a game-losing interception in the superbowl, and 8 one-and-dones (remember, out of a possible 12)?
What did you expect when the Broncos signed him? Predicting anything other than one and done from him would be awfully delusional. He makes terrible decisions in the clutch and more often than not loses the first game of the playoffs, even when he's the prohibitive favorite to win.
Those who do not know history.....

:clap:

Just some amazing facts here. I never knew he had 8 one-and-dones! Just wow.

milkman 01-13-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9312745)
It depends on how you want to define the best QB of all time.
Are you defining them by regular season or post season?
The best teams win in the post season because of the level of competition. Manning has not been on very many teams that would qualify as the best "team". This year like just a couple of others Manning was on a good overall team. But this year when Manning had a good team around him the coach didn't do anything to help him either with the conservative play calling. Wasted time on the clock. A problem with defensive minded HC's.

Most of Manning's playoff losses were close games in which he had the ball with time on the clock, and choked, much like the SB against the Saints when he reacted to pressure, got rid of the ball early, and threw it right into the hands of Porter.

Chief Roundup 01-13-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9312776)
Most of Manning's playoff losses were close games in which he had the ball with time on the clock, and choked, much like the SB against the Saints when he reacted to pressure, got rid of the ball early, and threw it right into the hands of Porter.

There is no doubt about Manning being a choker now IMO. I don't think he will ever be able to shake that handle now. I have always thought that Manning in the NFL is the same as Phil Mickelson in the PGA.

BlackHelicopters 01-13-2013 09:36 AM

Who are these "people"?

Jack 01-13-2013 09:57 AM

It was extremely satisfying to see manning choke another championship away.

His jackrabbit antics in the backfield take so much away from watching any games in which he plays. I often wonder if he does this for effect, to just make the focus upon him in every way. His looks, casting blame to any one except himself when he ****s up. Perhaps all this is a ruse to give a makeweight argument of his "talents" and to disguise his shortcomings.

Having said this, it is obvious that he is a great QB, but to say he is the best will generate a lot of Homeric laughter.

Hootie 01-13-2013 10:01 AM

the only problem with this one was John Fox and the fact it never should have gotten to a Manning choke

shit, Manning should be thanking Fox for taking all of the heat

that throw in overtime was terrible, no defense for that

but my ****ing God how did that safety misplay that ball so poorly?

If I were GM (I'm very reactional), I fire Fox today and tell that safety to GTFO.