ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Anthony Sherman (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283995)

Deberg_1990 05-29-2014 01:40 PM

Anthony Sherman

Is this the year he finally puts it all together and justifies his trade status with Arenas?

680 yards receiving. 745 rushing...
Oh, he kinda looks like a dwarf.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-29-2014 01:41 PM

I dont think he had a bad year last year.

Arenas didn't live up to the hype, IMO.

ct 05-29-2014 01:43 PM

well he's still on the roster, while arenas is not, and had to be rescued by #FUPioli so...

and also this...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...s-2014-chiefs/

staylor26 05-29-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10658156)
I dont think he had a bad year last year.

Arenas didn't live up to the hype, IMO.

I'm guessing this was just sarcasm. Sherman was one of the best FB's in the league last season. We won that trade IMO.

ChiefsCountry 05-29-2014 01:44 PM

We got a fullback for Tony Gonzalez.

Aspengc8 05-29-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 10658166)
I'm guessing this was just sarcasm. Sherman was one of the best FB's in the league last season. We won that trade IMO.

I agree. Great run blocker. Can sit in the backfield to pick up the blitz as well as a decent pair of hands receiving.

staylor26 05-29-2014 02:00 PM

I also think we won the trade with Jenkins for Baldwin. Not by much yet, but Jenkins is younger and has a better chance to actually develop into a solid #2 with his skillset. Baldwin is buried in that depth chart right now and is just about done.

RealSNR 05-29-2014 02:08 PM

I've posted this before, but there is no ****ing way this should have been a good trade for us. It was, but it shouldn't have been.

We already had Shane Bannan from the 2012 draft. We had drafted Braden Wilson in the 6th round of the 2013 draft. We signed Toben Opurum as a rookie free agent and designated him as a FB in training camp, too.

So we had all those FBs on the roster just one day after the 2013 draft. And a few days later we traded Javier Arenas for ANOTHER freakin FB, only this one was expected to be better than the garbage we brought in, basically nullifying all the FB roster moves we had made. So... Dorsey made the Braden Wilson pick by accident. Or something. I have no freakin clue what he was thinking when he made that pick if he was going to just go out and acquire the real starter a few days later before even team minicamps began and he had a chance to see even a glimpse of the talent he had.

And let's not forget what he had to give up. Javier Arenas wasn't anything special at all, but he was still our 3rd best CB on the roster at the time. We didn't draft any CB depth, either. Dorsey looked at THIS lineup of CBs and said, "Yeah, we don't need Javier Arenas... let's go waste more assets on that FB!"

Brandon Flowers
Sean Smith
Dunta Robinson
Jalil Brown
Vince Agnew

I mean... good GOD what was he thinking? He spends a pick on Wilson to compete with Bannan... he adds Toben Opurum on top of that... then takes a player from our most shallow roster spot and sends him away for a FB that he just invested a bunch of shit in.

Marcus Cooper and Ron Parker saved his ass on that trade. Really, it saved the team's ass. Now it looks brilliant because we need Anthony Sherman more than we need Javier Arenas. I really hope that Dorsey knew the 49ers and the Seahawks were going to cut those CBs and planned ahead. Otherwise... wow. What an idiot.

ThaVirus 05-29-2014 02:10 PM

Anthony Sherman

Sherman played great. He really did. He had a huge blunder with the fumble in the game @ Denver but really did a great job in paving the way for Jamaal.

Still, if I could to back in time I'd never make that trade. Arenas was always pretty good for us and the argument for positional value shouldn't even need to be made..

hometeam 05-29-2014 02:18 PM

Sherman was a beast except for that one fumble

ThaVirus 05-29-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10658260)

That was pretty big. Realistically we wouldn't have won that game anyway, but I felt that was huge.

Having him on the team was definitely a net positive though.

Titty Meat 05-29-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10658237)
I've posted this before, but there is no ****ing way this should have been a good trade for us. It was, but it shouldn't have been.

We already had Shane Bannan from the 2012 draft. We had drafted Braden Wilson in the 6th round of the 2013 draft. We signed Toben Opurum as a rookie free agent and designated him as a FB in training camp, too.

So we had all those FBs on the roster just one day after the 2013 draft. And a few days later we traded Javier Arenas for ANOTHER freakin FB, only this one was expected to be better than the garbage we brought in, basically nullifying all the FB roster moves we had made. So... Dorsey made the Braden Wilson pick by accident. Or something. I have no freakin clue what he was thinking when he made that pick if he was going to just go out and acquire the real starter a few days later before even team minicamps began and he had a chance to see even a glimpse of the talent he had.

And let's not forget what he had to give up. Javier Arenas wasn't anything special at all, but he was still our 3rd best CB on the roster at the time. We didn't draft any CB depth, either. Dorsey looked at THIS lineup of CBs and said, "Yeah, we don't need Javier Arenas... let's go waste more assets on that FB!"

Brandon Flowers
Sean Smith
Dunta Robinson
Jalil Brown
Vince Agnew

I mean... good GOD what was he thinking? He spends a pick on Wilson to compete with Bannan... he adds Toben Opurum on top of that... then takes a player from our most shallow roster spot and sends him away for a FB that he just invested a bunch of shit in.

Marcus Cooper and Ron Parker saved his ass on that trade. Really, it saved the team's ass. Now it looks brilliant because we need Anthony Sherman more than we need Javier Arenas. I really hope that Dorsey knew the 49ers and the Seahawks were going to cut those CBs and planned ahead. Otherwise... wow. What an idiot.

None of those fullbacks you mentioned are even in the league now.

RealSNR 05-29-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 10658298)
None of those fullbacks you mentioned are even in the league now.

I know. The point is why spend a 6th rounder on something as meh as a fullback, when less than a week later you sacrifice depth at your weakest position to trade for another fullback? That's what you haven't even seen your 6th rounder participate in a single team practice.

It's a shit ton of fuss and unnecessary headaches for the goddamn fullback position.

Deberg_1990 05-29-2014 02:57 PM

Yea, that's interesting. why even pick Wilson if you had no faith in him from the start? It doesn't look like much was picked after Wilson anyways that we missed out on. except for Marcus Cooper.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz 05-29-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10658260)

really watering down the term beast these days.