ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I think the QB of the future may be on our roster already. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263152)

BossChief 09-03-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8874982)
Quinn is 27.

He will be 28 in a month.

Close enough.

A franchise quarterback makes a routine throw for a touchdown instead of throwing a pick.

Sorry.

At this point, I dont even care...Id be totally fine with starting from scratch and drafting 2 quarterbacks high in the next draft and let an open competition commence.

Coogs 09-03-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8874986)
He will be 28 in a month.

Close enough.

A franchise quarterback makes a routine throw for a touchdown instead of throwing a pick.

Sorry.

At this point, I dont even care...Id be totally fine with starting from scratch and drafting 2 quarterbacks high in the next draft and let an open competition commence.

Fair enough. I'm good with drafting one too. I just went back through the tape and did what you did with Stanzi against the Rams. That should be legal.

BossChief 09-03-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8874994)
Fair enough. I'm good with drafting one too. I just went back through the tape and did what you did with Stanzi against the Rams. That should be legal.

I'm not saying that isn't fair.

It is.

At this point, Cassel is our best quarterback and there hasn't been enough to provide hope that either Stanzi or Quinn would be better.

Thats why I said I wouldn't be opposed to us drafting 2 quarterbacks next year and let Stanzi and Cassel duke it out to see who stays on the roster.

Hopefully, Cassel throws down a breakout year, though and makes all that moot.

Coogs 09-03-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8875004)
I'm not saying that isn't fair.

It is.

At this point, Cassel is our best quarterback and there hasn't been enough to provide hope that either Stanzi or Quinn would be better.

Thats why I said I wouldn't be opposed to us drafting 2 quarterbacks next year and let Stanzi and Cassel duke it out to see who stays on the roster.

Hopefully, Cassel throws down a breakout year, though and makes all that moot.

I agree with most of your post except the bolded point. Your weeks 6 thing. Quinn instead of Stanzi.

jd1020 09-03-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8875013)
I agree with most of your post except the bolded point. Your weeks 6 thing. Quinn instead of Stanzi.

:facepalm:

BossChief 09-03-2012 06:16 PM

Quinn has a sprained neck, doesn't he?

I wonder how that little detail will play out.

jd1020 09-03-2012 06:17 PM

Chiefs QBoTF is not currently on the roster.

Coogs 09-03-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8875020)
Quinn has a sprained neck, doesn't he?

I wonder how that little detail will play out.

:shrug:

Last I saw was Crennel thought he should be good to go.

Coogs 09-03-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8875021)
Chiefs QBoTF is not currently on the roster.

Convincing arguement!:wayne:

BoneKrusher 09-03-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 8874300)
I'll take Quinn over Cassel

same here.
we know what we have in Matt after 3 years of checkdowns, INTs on screen passes and staring down WR's.
we cant say that about Quinn.

jd1020 09-03-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8875024)
Convincing arguement!:wayne:

Don't need to argue it when you look at the Chiefs depth chart and see:

1. Cassel
2. Quinn
3. Stanzi

or...

1. Shit
2. Shit
3. Shit

Setsuna 09-03-2012 06:37 PM

If you want less turnovers, then Cassel is your guy. And that's what anyone with a brain wants so Quinn will never be your guy.

Coogs 09-03-2012 06:38 PM

All during the offseason, I was hoping to get either Quinn or Stanzi some reps with the #1's. Didn't happen. Even in drills as far as I can tell. Never did hear of either one making a pass to the top receivers.

We had to have the preliminary QB competition between Quinn and Stanzi. Did the right guy win? Honestly, I do not know.

But I do know this. After only a couple of practices with the #1's... and probably very limited reps at that... Quinn looked pretty damn good when given the opportunity to play with the first string Thursday. Some obvious chemistry/timing issues, but those are to be expected. At least by me.

The ball went were it should have every single time... except one... but that was more on the O-line IMO. Split second longer with some pass protection, and the progression reads leads Quinn right to an easy TD on his left to right read pattern. And I mean split second.

Look. We all know we are going to win games with Cassel at QB. When we can run it for a buck thirty-five or more, you can almost take it to the bank. It is when we are below that line that the problems are.

I'm done stating my opinion. I'm not afraid to be wrong. Quinn is the best QB between he and Cassel. And it is not that close.

lcarus 09-03-2012 06:42 PM

The QBOTF for this team is probably in kindergarten right now. Could be that long before we have a true elite QBOTF. This franchise is clueless...

Saccopoo 09-03-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8875088)
The QBOTF for this team is probably in kindergarten right now. Could be that long before we have a true elite QBOTF. This franchise is clueless...

One draft away...

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0901...mith_g_200.jpg