ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Priest + Croyle = Needed Change (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=174311)

petegz28 11-11-2007 07:16 PM

Priest + Croyle = Needed Change

Preist looked impressive today all thigs considered. There were several times he made a couple yards when nothing was there. And if it had been LJ they would of been no gainers or runs for a loss.

Croyle....wtf can you say the kid has an arm and zings that ball into the chest. What's that? No, receievers are NOT supposed to have to sky 10 feet to get a pass contrary to what Huard thinks.

Our coaches still suck but at least Croyle and Priest seem to show we can move the ball some.

the Talking Can 11-11-2007 07:17 PM

it felt that way....but Croyle has some growing pains to suffer through and Priest, while still surprisingly shifty doesn't have the burst he used to....but I thought they both brought a good energy to the game...

Deberg_1990 11-11-2007 07:20 PM

Priest looked fine. He will work his butt off and give you everything hes got as always.

But hes not the future. Id rather see Kolby get a few more carries....

StcChief 11-11-2007 07:23 PM

I guess with 1st half of Bucball...... Hutard had to prove he couldn't carry the team...

at least he's gone and Croyle's crisp bullets were impressive (again).

RustShack 11-11-2007 07:26 PM

Croyle will get better with playing time, and I think the same goes for Priest. Holmes still has it in him for sure, he just needs to shake off some rust. Croyle just came in too late, Huard already lost the game. I think we have a much better chance at winning the west now.

kstater 11-11-2007 07:27 PM

petegez: Master of the Obvious

teedubya 11-11-2007 07:37 PM

Bowe should have caught that Td pass. That sucked.

Chromatic 11-11-2007 08:43 PM

Let's face it, the heart of the offense was the offensive line.

Sorry to say but that until that improves, the offensive will continue to be weak and moderately effective(at times) at best. Do i get rep for stating the complete obvious?

Still, it was kinda nice to see Priest playing again. Kind of inspiring in a way.

MIAdragon 11-11-2007 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromatic
Let's face it, the heart of the offense was the offensive line.

Sorry to say but that until that improves, the offensive will continue to be weak and moderately effective(at times) at best. Do i get rep for stating the complete obvious?

Still, it was kinda nice to see Priest playing again. Kind of inspiring in a way.

Croyle will help alleviate the ineptitude of the O line, he makes quick reads and gets the ball out in a hurry

kc1977 11-11-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28
Preist looked impressive today all thigs considered. There were several times he made a couple yards when nothing was there. And if it had been LJ they would of been no gainers or runs for a loss.

Croyle....wtf can you say the kid has an arm and zings that ball into the chest. What's that? No, receievers are NOT supposed to have to sky 10 feet to get a pass contrary to what Huard thinks.

Our coaches still suck but at least Croyle and Priest seem to show we can move the ball some.

Priest is certainly a welcome change over LJ. It was very nice to see some pass blocking by the RB today.

Look - the book is still out on Croyle though. I have high hopes for him, but I'll save my praise for him until he can play a half and produce more than 3 points. Hell, Damon-led offense produced 6.

Reerun_KC 11-11-2007 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc1977
Priest is certainly a welcome change over LJ. It was very nice to see some pass blocking by the RB today.

Look - the book is still out on Croyle though. I have high hopes for him, but I'll save my praise for him until he can play a half and produce more than 3 points. Hell, Damon-led offense produced 6.

Damon played 8 1/2 games this season.. Croyle has played a total of one half...

I will give Croyle the benefit of the doubt...

Will give him at the minimum of next season before I question or doubt.

RealSNR 11-11-2007 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Priest looked fine. He will work his butt off and give you everything hes got as always.

But hes not the future. Id rather see Kolby get a few more carries....

I don't think Kolby is the future either. At least not this season. He's got to learn a couple of fundamentals of the RB position before he does shit.

Eleazar 11-11-2007 09:23 PM

Larry Johnson is not the problem. Priest, you have to love the guy, and he's better suited to playing behind the crapass offensive line, but Larry Johnson is not the issue.

I wish from the start of the season, we could have seen Croyle under center. With the emergence of Bowe, those two could be developing some chemistry by now, maybe the whole season plays out differently.

I don't think we'd be much better, but at least this would have been a season of hope. One where we lose and think "Well, we've got some work to do, but watching these young guys grow up is fun."

Instead we've been treated to Carl's sock-puppet show of 'win now' and ended up back where we started.

Chiefnj2 11-11-2007 09:35 PM

Priest was great but he's not the future of the franchise. Why play him? LJ is the 19 million dollar man who isn't going anywhere. Smith is the future #2 and should be getting the carries and not Priest.

morphius 11-11-2007 09:46 PM

Now if someone would please bench Drummond, to at least light a fire under his butt. He may not be the worst in the league, but there is absolutely no spark whatsoever.