ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Pink Floyd The Wall (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348959)

Otter 06-09-2023 02:42 PM

Pink Floyd The Wall

Got into a discussion about this album yesterday evening with some co-workers. Some very polarizing opinions came up to say the least.
  • Too dark
  • Can't dance to it
  • It's a story in song that makes no sense
  • And so on and so forth

I love it to be honest. Yes, it's dark but it's supposed to be dark and if you're trying to interpret it as a simple linear, simple story you've already lost the battle.

I've never looked up anyone else's interpretation and probably never will. I think it's simply a story about a musician that's gone mad from drug use and fame. Mommy issues didn't help either.

01 - Sucks
10 - Pure Awesomeness

Zebedee DuBois 06-09-2023 09:20 PM

I always enjoy listening to Floyd songs

alpha_omega 06-09-2023 09:28 PM

9. Has one of the best guitar solos I’ve ever heard (twice in the same song).

displacedinMN 06-09-2023 09:34 PM

Listened to the whole album a few times.

Need to watch the movie.

Stryker 06-09-2023 10:14 PM

Pink Floyd The Wall - INCREDIBLE! How can you NOT love it?

The Franchise 06-09-2023 10:41 PM

Not my favorite Floyd album but definitely a classic.

EPodolak 06-09-2023 11:32 PM

Their fourth masterpiece in a row. I haven't listened to all four sides in a long time, but for me thematically it's a pretty great album. I've thought the Dark Side of the Moon was their most mature record on those themes, and it would have made more sense had the Wall come years before DSOTM instead of the reverse. Anyway it gets a top rating from me.

Frazod 06-10-2023 12:18 AM

Great album. Comfortably Numb is one of the greatest songs of all time.

Ironically, the song on the album I probably like the least is Another Brick in the Wall, which seems to get the most airplay on the handful of classic rock stations that I listen to. Much like Bohemian Rhapsody, I never really cared all that much for it, have heard it a million times, and now I'm just sick of it.

Never get tired of Comfortably Numb, though.

trndobrd 06-10-2023 05:52 AM

Not even among top three Pink Floyd Albums. For me it is a coin flip for 4th place with Meddle. The Wall does contain some truly great songs, Comfortably Numb first among them, but there is just too much self-indulgent filler that Roger Waters should have left at the therapist office to justify a double album.

Still...it's Pink Floyd, so I give it an 8.

Third Eye 06-10-2023 08:15 AM

A few incredible songs, but mostly overly indulgent schlock. I loved it as a teenager, but as a 40 something it barely ranks ahead of solo Roger stuff, which is to say I’m not much of a fan. It ranks somewhere around 7th or 8th in terms of my favorite Floyd albums.

Hog Rider 06-10-2023 08:21 AM

Roger Water explains it masterfully in his "Inner View" with Jim Ladd

I received a two album copy of the broadcast when I called and asked for a transcript a few decades ago.

stevieray 06-10-2023 08:26 AM

It's a masterpiece, a horribly tragic story beautifully displayed.

Can't dance to it? LMAO

Shut up and put some headphones on when you listen to it.

Pablo 06-10-2023 08:33 AM

If you should go skating on the thin ice of modern life...

Album has some absolute classics on it. It's probably 3 or 4 for Floyd albums for me personally but I love it.

Pepe Silvia 06-10-2023 11:26 AM

Watch it and eat some mushrooms.

Just Passin' By 06-10-2023 12:18 PM

It's not as good as Dark Side Of The Moon, but it's a great album.