ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Changes to the forum tree... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=133028)

htismaqe 01-05-2006 10:42 AM

Changes to the forum tree...

All,

I have made some changes to the forum tree.

A draft sub-forum has been added to the Lounge. We got enough requests to keep the draft talk organized and separate that I decided to add it.

I moved the tech committee forum (for those of you on the committee) out of the Lounge and into Arrowhead.

I'm looking at organizing some of the other Arrowhead children, including the Store, the tickets for sale forum, and the articles forum.

If anybody has any good ideas, please post them here.

Brock 01-05-2006 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
A draft sub-forum has been added to the Lounge. We got enough requests to keep the draft talk organized and separate that I decided to add it.

Nothing personal, but that idea is a real taintlicker.

morphius 01-05-2006 10:44 AM

Can we move the sub forums to the bottom of the page instead of at the top?

Taco John 01-05-2006 10:46 AM

Good call Htis... The draft forum at the Mane is one of the most popular forums every year. It's great having all that information in one place.

htismaqe 01-05-2006 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
Can we move the sub forums to the bottom of the page instead of at the top?

That's something Kyle is gonna have to answer. I don't think it's possible without modifying the software.

morphius 01-05-2006 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
That's something Kyle is gonna have to answer. I don't think it's possible without modifying the software.

That's what I thought, but figured it would be cool as hell if it could be done.

chagrin 01-05-2006 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
Nothing personal, but that idea is a real taintlicker.

taintlicker???

ROFL ROFL

morphius 01-05-2006 11:25 AM

Isn't it a little redundant to have it called "Chiefsplanet Draft Whatever"? Maybe something simple like DraftPlanet...

penguinz 01-05-2006 11:54 AM

How about a server that can handle the load?

jAZ 01-05-2006 12:51 PM

Since you are asking, here are my thoughts...

Games forum... move FROM lounge (either now or after superbowl).
DC forum... move TO lounge (either now or after superbowl).
GeeksPlanet... leave as is.
Pictures forum... leave as is.
MusicPlanet... eliminate it entirely. Since when do we break up the general discussion topics?

morphius 01-05-2006 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ
Since you are asking, here are my thoughts...

Games forum... move FROM lounge (either now or after superbowl).
GeeksPlanet... leave as is.
Pictures forum... leave as is.
MusicPlanet... eliminate it entirely. Since when do we break up the general discussion topics?

Moving off the games one after the end of betting is a good idea, no doubt.

The Music one is okay with me, but I don't think it creates enough traffic to be on the Lounge page. If the mods want to move things there after they drop down a few pages off the Lounge to keep things organized, then thats cool.

Gaz 01-05-2006 01:11 PM

No politics, please...

Do NOT move the DC Forum back to the Lounge.

Everything else is okay with me.

xoxo~
Gaz
Happy to have the political crap where it belongs.

Mr. Kotter 01-05-2006 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ

HELL NO...

jAZ 01-05-2006 01:56 PM

Why exactly shouldn't the DC forum link be at the top of the lounge? I understand not wanting a return of the political topics back into the lounge itself, but Why do the words "DC Forum" need to be entirely removed from the lounge entirely?

It's the 2nd most popular forum on this board. It's as much a part of the identify of this place as the Girly thread. More so, maybe.

Again, why?

Amnorix 01-05-2006 01:59 PM

I'm with Jaz as to not understanding why we can't have a link to the DC forum at the top of the page. Note, we're not saying get rid of the DC Forum and have all the political junk cluttering up the main board, just having an easier link to a popular forum.