ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Anyone watch Castle? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=225327)

Baby Lee 04-18-2011 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7575640)
So, was tonight's episode the season finale or a rerun? Won't get to watch it until tomorrow.

Ummmm . . .

Seriously though, the gang solves the mystery of what Kate is wearing to the wedding.

keg in kc 04-18-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7575652)
But it'd be nice to see Castle and Beckett hit the sack (and Brennan and Booth for that matter, or Pete and Myka) just to show that, yes, in the real world a man and a woman can actually still sleep together and continue to function as a couple both personally and professionally.

That's not what it's about. When they sleep together (any show...), the tension that's been holding the viewers on the edge of their seats for years is gone. It may seem cathartic at the time, but it's never the same show again after it happens.

007 04-19-2011 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7575640)
So, was tonight's episode the season finale or a rerun? Won't get to watch it until tomorrow.

It wasn't on tonight.

007 04-19-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7575709)
Ummmm . . .

Seriously though, the gang solves the mystery of what Kate is wearing to the wedding.

:LOL:

Baby Lee 04-19-2011 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7575796)
That's not what it's about. When they sleep together (any show...), the tension that's been holding the viewers on the edge of their seats for years is gone. It may seem cathartic at the time, but it's never the same show again after it happens.

We were on a BREAK!!!!

007 04-19-2011 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7576030)
We were on a BREAK!!!!

Don't be such a wuss Ross.

luv 04-19-2011 08:33 AM

Quote:

Agreed.

luv 04-19-2011 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7575879)
It wasn't on tonight.

Good. I didn't miss anything. :)

JD10367 04-19-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

So, basically, you're saying that people think, once a relationship is consummated, it's all downhill from there?

I call bullshit. You want to see tension? Have 'em get ****ing married. THEN you'll see some tension! :p

WoodDraw 04-20-2011 12:08 AM

I hope Castle's daughter becomes a meth addict in the final, or something. That girl, and every story line involving her, sucks.

keg in kc 04-20-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7578343)
So, basically, you're saying that people think, once a relationship is consummated, it's all downhill from there?

I'm not saying that at all. It doesn't have anything in the world to do with what happens when a relationship is consummated. It has to do with changing (and resolving) the thing that's kept people tuning in in the first place. Shows historically don't do a very good job of presenting new tension to replace the old. They lose that spark that kept them interesting. Which on Castle is usually a look or a conversation in the last minute of an episode. It's about stringing people along (the viewers I mean), occasionally pulling the rug out from under them with stuff like Castle starting to date his ex right when Beckett's ready to go, or with her dating a variety of guys right when he figures out how he feels. Their relationship is ultimately the heart of the show, and when it changes, the show is going to change. And that kind of change doesn't usually end up being a good one for a tv show. Maybe it'll be different with Castle. If they end up going that route.

luv 05-02-2011 04:20 PM

Home sick tonight.

Anyone know where I might find a stream of this?

Baby Lee 05-03-2011 04:00 AM

That scene with Stana when she talks about the 'actress' missing the call in front of 'Estosito and Ryan?' HAAAAAWWWWTTT!! Feel like I'd imagine teen girls in the 80s did when Mr. Cruise put on Wayfarers in Risky Business.

luv 05-03-2011 07:40 PM

I am officially on the two of them getting together bandwagon. I so want them, but only if they can do it without it ruining the show.

Deberg_1990 05-03-2011 07:41 PM

The girl looks hotter this season..new hair cut?