ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto How Long Or Often Do You Sleep? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311459)

eDave 11-11-2017 03:48 AM

How Long Or Often Do You Sleep?

I don't sleep much. 3-4 hours per day. And that's usually crashing on the couch. I'll climb into my big ass bed and crash HARD about once a week. Usually Thursday. Nap whenever but then I'll be up for over 24h after that in an attempt to get back to my "sleep schedule". This is not healthy.

It's not insomnia but it's surely a mental thing. Tonight I had dinner with my Lady, had a few drinks, and was pretty tired. But then Back To School came on and I'd rather watch that. (Flunk me? Flunk him! LMAO ) And Gattaca is coming on next.

I just don't like going to sleep.

New World Order 11-11-2017 03:51 AM

Depending on the stress level it could be anywhere from 3 to 8 hours.

rico 11-11-2017 03:58 AM

I generally get to bed at 9a...I'll sleep until about noon. I roll around in bed from noon until about 230p. I wake up when my daughters get home from school and have their first argument of the evening. They get in the door at 320p...they generally have their first argument at about 322p. I then am up and exhausted for the rest of the day until 930ish...I lay down until 1015p and it's time to get ready for work again.

Yeah, I hate my sleep schedule. I am always freaking tired.

eDave 11-11-2017 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13210767)
I generally get to bed at 9a...I'll sleep until about noon. I roll around in bed from noon until about 230p. I wake up when my daughters get home from school and have their first argument of the evening. They get in the door at 320p...they generally have their first argument at about 322p. I then am up and exhausted for the rest of the day until 930ish...I lay down until 1015p and it's time to get ready for work again.

Bloody hell.

DaNewGuy 11-11-2017 04:00 AM

Not much about the same maybe 4 hours at most, I come from a family of insomniacs LMAO

eDave 11-11-2017 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaNewGuy (Post 13210769)
Not much about the same maybe 4 hours at most, I come from a family of insomniacs LMAO

I learned a little trick for when the mind in running. Concentrate your focus on one of the squiggly lines you see when you close your eyes. You'll drop in minutes. At least I do.

Another is to get a nice fish tank in your bedroom. Very soothing. Lava lamp works too. Or jerk one out.

Why Not? 11-11-2017 07:25 AM

Average about 6-ish hours a night. But, no matter what time I fall asleep, I'm awake between 5:30-6:15. Binged some Stranger Things last night, went to bed around 1:30, yet here I am at 6:30 wide awake

rockymtnchief 11-11-2017 07:37 AM

4 to 5 hours a night. It would be more than enough if I didn't wake ten times in that span.

Abba-Dabba 11-11-2017 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13210767)

Ouch, 3rd shift sucks. That kind of sleep schedule can cause numerous medical issues. Hope you are able to change that soon.

TambaBerry 11-11-2017 08:16 AM

To the people who can't sleep, what is your diet like? I completely cut out sugar and processed food and I have never slept better in my life. Even when I only get 4-5 hours I wake up refreshed still.

KCUnited 11-11-2017 08:17 AM

I get at least 8 hours every night. Sleep is the best supplement for your body and it's free.

RunKC 11-11-2017 08:22 AM

Used to be around 7.5-8 but after I cut down on sugar, I get 6 and feel fantastic.

lewdog 11-11-2017 08:25 AM

I pretty much get 7-8 hours of sleep a night. I wake up quite a bit (3-5x) but fall back asleep easily. Sometimes I'll sleep for 9 hours on the weekend but that's pretty rare and only if I am really tired.

Sleep is way more important for total body health than people give it credit for.

Mizzou_8541 11-11-2017 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 13210764)
I don't sleep much. 3-4 hours per day. And that's usually crashing on the couch. I'll climb into my big ass bed and crash HARD about once a week. Usually Thursday. Nap whenever but then I'll be up for over 24h after that in an attempt to get back to my "sleep schedule". This is not healthy.

It's not insomnia but it's surely a mental thing. Tonight I had dinner with my Lady, had a few drinks, and was pretty tired. But then Back To School came on and I'd rather watch that. (Flunk me? Flunk him! LMAO ) And Gattaca is coming on next.

I just don't like going to sleep.

I’m the same way. I work pretty hard all day. When it’s time to sleep, I almost always choose Minder Hunter, House of Cards, catch up on EPL games, etc. even when I know I should sleep, I stay up.

Fire Me Boy! 11-11-2017 08:32 AM

How Long Or Often Do You Sleep?

7-9 hours, depending on when I decide to roll over. My sleep got a lot more once I went on this at-home dialysis. I have to be hooked up for 10 hours, so I usually head to the bedroom between 7 and 8. Once I'm there, it's reading or watching TV or playing here on CP until I decide to go to sleep.

For those struggling to fall asleep, one trick I learned was to starting counting backwards by 3s from 300. 300, 297, 294, 291, etc. I don't usually remember anything past 250.