ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2014-2015 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282513)

ArrowheadHawk 03-23-2014 02:07 PM

**** OFFICIAL 2014-2015 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread

11 straight Conference Championships!

Ranking #9 (26-8,13-5)

Non-Con Schedule (11-2)
Spoiler!

Conference Schedule
Spoiler!

Fri, March 20 NMSU at Kansas Omaha, NE CBS at 11:15a.m. CT

Players
Spoiler!

Reerun_KC 03-23-2014 02:09 PM

Hello everyone!

ArrowheadHawk 03-23-2014 02:11 PM

Any requests for the header?

Pablo 03-23-2014 02:12 PM

In!

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 02:15 PM

I don't think we'll be able to overcome the Wesley loss. Write off season coming up.

Ceej 03-23-2014 02:16 PM

Sure hope we are able to bring in some quality walk-ons.

chiefqueen 03-23-2014 02:19 PM

Did Garrett actually PLAY this year after the exhibitions?

ArrowheadHawk 03-23-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10511238)

Are there any more coaches sons out there?

ArrowheadHawk 03-23-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefqueen (Post 10511245)
Did Garrett actually PLAY this year after the exhibitions?

11 minutes according to ESPN. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...istian-garrett

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10511238)

I expect better than Tyler Self, for damn sure.

Ceej 03-23-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10511262)
I expect better than Tyler Self, for damn sure.

I can't wait to watch them play.

Braincase 03-23-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 10511247)
Are there any more coaches sons out there?

Justin Roberts is a sophomore at Lawrence High. Likely to be on a state championship team in 2015 or 2016. He'll be a walk-on whereever his dad happens to be.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-23-2014 02:27 PM

Ready for next season! Hope Selden indeed returns...he will be a stud.

WhawhaWhat 03-23-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Douchebag (Post 10511284)
Ready for next season! Hope Selden indeed returns...he will be a stud.

If he gets a first round grade, does he leave or stay and try to be a lottery pick in 2015?

sedated 03-23-2014 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10511290)
If he gets a first round grade, does he leave or stay and try to be a lottery pick in 2015?

Selden is back. He did nothing to show he was worthy of a first round pick.

sedated 03-23-2014 02:33 PM

Replacing Wiggins and Embiid with 2 top 10 recruits in their positions, everyone else a year older. Will be a top 5 preseason team. Still would be nice to have a great PG, but should be (another) great year.

ArrowheadHawk 03-23-2014 02:38 PM

Added Turner to the header. The freshman madness will not end as much as I would like it to.

chiefqueen 03-23-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 10511339)
Added Turner to the header. The freshman madness will not end as much as I would like it to.

I would rather have Embiid after he has had an entire offseason with Andrea than another OAD frosh.

jjchieffan 03-23-2014 02:47 PM

Another KU thread to add to the ignore thread list. Yea!

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 10511375)

You'd have more success ignoring a thread by not posting in it, I think.

Ceej 03-23-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10511379)
You'd have more success ignoring a thread by not posting in it, I think.

He was the one pouting about non-football related threads on this website.

Dummy.

ArrowheadHawk 03-23-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 10511375)

:LOL: Good job ignoring it.

TLO 03-23-2014 03:05 PM

Time to reload.

Mr. Plow 03-23-2014 03:36 PM

Tag

Reerun_KC 03-23-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10511589)
Tag

New thread and season, can we be friends now?

saphojunkie 03-23-2014 03:57 PM

Frankamp will start at point guard. At least he should.

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10511664)
Frankamp will start at point guard. At least he should.

Frankamp has a lot of developing to do yet to be better than either Tharpe or Mason. Still very slow on his feet defensively and has no playmaking ability to speak of. For all I know, he could do it this summer. If anybody supplants Tharpe, though, I'd expect it to be Mason.

Prison Bitch 03-23-2014 04:00 PM

Cliff will start at PF. At least he should. But in the end it won't matter if he keeps running Tharpe out there. He is atrocious.

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 04:05 PM

Ellis and Tharpe bring the team defense down considerably. Was a fatal flaw this year. Hope it won't be again. Because Perry is almost certainly going to be starting and I'd be surprised if Tharpe didn't (at least at the beginning).

saphojunkie 03-23-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10511669)
Frankamp has a lot of developing to do yet to be better than either Tharpe or Mason. Still very slow on his feet defensively and has no playmaking ability to speak of. For all I know, he could do it this summer. If anybody supplants Tharpe, though, I'd expect it to be Mason.

I could not disagree more.

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10511698)
I could not disagree more.

What is it about Frankamp that makes you think he'll be a better player than Mason next year? He showed virtually nothing. No playmaking ability, no defense, and he didn't even hit his shots (which were generally open threes).

Prison Bitch 03-23-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10511696)
Ellis and Tharpe bring the team defense down considerably. Was a fatal flaw this year. Hope it won't be again. Because Perry is almost certainly going to be starting and I'd be surprised if Tharpe didn't (at least at the beginning).

Don't undersell Cliff. He will be a force. Tharpe needs to transfer to Purdue or some dump like that

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10511753)
Don't undersell Cliff. He will be a force. Tharpe needs to transfer to Purdue or some dump like that

If they can get Turner, maybe Perry won't play as much as next year. But if they don't, hard to imagine him not being a very significant piece again with his scoring ability.

saphojunkie 03-23-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10511705)
What is it about Frankamp that makes you think he'll be a better player than Mason next year? He showed virtually nothing. No playmaking ability, no defense, and he didn't even hit his shots (which were generally open threes).

Better defender because he actually understands where he should be and understands how his man is a threat even when he doesn't have the ball. Too many times Mason would just sag off of his man and then be out of position when that guy came off the screen for an open three.

Better decision maker. Didn't pick up his dribble. Didn't drive into trouble, then jump and hope someone is there for a pass after he's already left his feet or put up a bad shot. You're right that he didn't hit his shots nearly as much is he should have but all of his shots where the right shot to take. Neither Mason Nor Tharpe can say that.

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10511915)
Better defender because he actually understands where he should be and understands how his man is a threat even when he doesn't have the ball. Too many times Mason would just sag off of his man and then be out of position when that guy came off the screen for an open three.

I understand that, but Frankamp has no lateral quickness. He can't keep his man in front of him and his poor defense is perhaps the primary reason he couldn't get on the floor this year. Mason can at least do that much and with his athleticism, he has the makings of a much better defender going forward.

Quote:

Better decision maker. Didn't pick up his dribble. Didn't drive into trouble, then jump and hope someone is there for a pass after he's already left his feet or put up a bad shot. You're right that he didn't hit his shots nearly as much is he should have but all of his shots where the right shot to take. Neither Mason Nor Tharpe can say that.
Frankamp knew his limitations, I suppose you could say, but that's because he had such significant ones. Mason is a much better playmaker, both for himself and others. He can create his own shot as well, while Frankamp showed no ability to that (or break down the defense at all).

Personally, I'm very excited by what I saw from Mason this season (an interesting fact is that one of his top statistical comparables is freshman Tyshawn). I don't see how any KU fan couldn't be. He didn't always make the right decisions, but he showed no fear in big moments. It's a good trait to have.

Silock 03-23-2014 05:44 PM

Thing is, Frankamp doesn't HAVE to break down a defense. The other perimeter players are good enough (or should be) to get in position for a good pass.

Mason can break down a defense just fine, and I imagine his decision making will only get better.

These guys are FRESHMEN. To think they're not going to mature is naive. They WILL get better. And they're already damn good. The present sucks, but the future is bright (as always).

lcarus 03-23-2014 05:57 PM

For whatever reason, I just wasn't that excited about our team this season. I felt that, outside of our 1-and-done players, the team was just pretty "meh". Hopefully next year they give me something to truly be excited about. I know a lot of fans felt the same way. Me and KC Connection for example...neither of us were surprised that we fell to an inferior Stanford squad today. I didn't feel that bad after the loss at all. Normally I'm just depressed as hell after a tournament loss. That loss to Michigan last season? I felt awful after that. Today I feel just fine. We'll be back here next season.

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10511968)
Thing is, Frankamp doesn't HAVE to break down a defense. The other perimeter players are good enough (or should be) to get in position for a good pass.

Mason can break down a defense just fine, and I imagine his decision making will only get better.

These guys are FRESHMEN. To think they're not going to mature is naive. They WILL get better. And they're already damn good. The present sucks, but the future is bright (as always).

If he's going to be the type of PG that creates shots for himself and others (which is what you want from PGs), he needs to be able to break down a defense. He can't do anything of the sort right now.

And obviously I'm not saying Frankamp can't improve. Happens all the time. I'm just saying Mason showed great signs this year, while Frankamp didn't show much of anything in that regard. He barely even played.

CoMoChief 03-23-2014 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10511705)

He needs to get a little stronger and quicker. But the mother****er can shoot. For some reason they werent falling this year, but in flashes it showed.

I personally think he should be shooting 3's over Selden. Selden to me reminds me of a stronger Keith Langford. That guy should be driving to the hoop.

What's with this Hunter Mickleson kid? Is he any good?

Prison Bitch 03-23-2014 06:08 PM

Watching the other two games makes me remember the times we were actually fun to watch. Self wins like a bitch but I'm honestly weary of these garbage hackfests and surviving 2-13 shooting lines. It's boring to watch and frankly other people around the country were probably grossed out by our game. He needs to start letting shooters play more so they can get a rhythm rather than yanking then every time they give up a bucket.

Watching Kane and all these other point guards makes me nauseous that he can't land anyone worth a squirt. Since Tharpe doesn't play defense either what do we have to lose by playing Conner over him? Self needs to look himself in the mirror when he keeps seeing these atrocious shooting lines in the NCAAs. He's causing it

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10512003)
For whatever reason, I just wasn't that excited about our team this season. I felt that, outside of our 1-and-done players, the team was just pretty "meh". Hopefully next year they give me something to truly be excited about. I know a lot of fans felt the same way. Me and KC Connection for example...neither of us were surprised that we fell to an inferior Stanford squad today. I didn't feel that bad after the loss at all. Normally I'm just depressed as hell after a tournament loss. That loss to Michigan last season? I felt awful after that. Today I feel just fine. We'll be back here next season.

I still think this team's peak level was better than every other team, but we never saw it that often. About halfway through the season it just became apparent this team was missing something. You kept expecting it to click, but it never did. Call it a consistent intensity/focus level or just that desire to be great, but it wasn't like other Self teams in that regard. And that was even with Embiid. It's a shame to lose to an inferior team, but I think everyone (OK, maybe not BL) had already braced themselves for this one a long time ago. It's not crushing in the least, at least not by our usual standards.

I'm just glad I got to see a little bit of Wiggins and Embiid's development before they go on to be great players for the next decade plus.

Fritz88 03-23-2014 06:16 PM

Good year. Self's first double digit loss season. I think he'll have extra motivation next season.

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10512026)
What's with this Hunter Mickleson kid? Is he any good?

He blocked shots at Arkansas. That's about all he did well, though.

Baby Lee 03-23-2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10512029)
Watching the other two games makes me remember the times we were actually fun to watch. Self wins like a bitch but I'm honestly weary of these garbage hackfests and surviving 2-13 shooting lines. It's boring to watch and frankly other people around the country were probably grossed out by our game. He needs to start letting shooters play more so they can get a rhythm rather than yanking then every time they give up a bucket.

Watching Kane and all these other point guards makes me nauseous that he can't land anyone worth a squirt. Since Tharpe doesn't play defense either what do we have to lose by playing Conner over him? Self needs to look himself in the mirror when he keeps seeing these atrocious shooting lines in the NCAAs. He's causing it

If you knew anything, like the BIG PICTURE, you'd know we're still the best ever.

ChiefsFanatic 03-23-2014 06:18 PM

Some Perspective

For all the people that want to bash the Kansas Jayhawks because they hate KU, or for all the KU fans that are pissed at Bill Self and the players, READ THIS: Here is what you must be forgetting. Bill Self lost all 5 starters from last year.

58% off all scholarship players this year were Freshmen. Yes. 7 out of 12 players were Freshmen. Mason, Frankamp, Selden, Lucas, Greene, Wiggins, and Embiid were all Freshmen. Ellis, Traylor and White were only Sophomores, and they barely played last year. Black, who is a Senior, was in his "freshman" year in Self's offensive and defensive systems. Only 1 player had significant playing time under Self, and that was Tharpe.

Just think about that. 7 Freshmen, and 3 Sophomores, a first year Senior, and a Junior, replaced all 5 starters from the year before, played the toughest schedule anyone can remember, won the statistically toughest league in college basketball, and gained a #2 seed in the NCAA Tournament. Was this loss disappointing? Yes. Was this season a disappointment? HELL NO.

This young team played a non-con schedule that was unreal, played a conference schedule that saw them play ranked team after ranked team, and they won the league. I wish we could have won today, but given all the info I just posted, I am proud of this team, and proud to be a Jayhawk. If you think this team underachieved, that is your problem. Rock Chalk.

Pants 03-23-2014 06:18 PM

Hopefully Cliff and Oubre bring that killer instinct that none of the current starters on the team have.

Pants 03-23-2014 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10512049)
If you knew anything, like the BIG PICTURE, you'd know we're still the best ever.

Not the best ever, just the best in the last 10 years or so.

ChiefsFanatic 03-23-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10512041)
I still think this team's peak level was better than every other team, but we never saw it that often. About halfway through the season it just became apparent this team was missing something. You kept expecting it to click, but it never did. Call it a consistent intensity/focus level or just that desire to be great, but it wasn't like other Self teams in that regard. And that was even with Embiid. It's a shame to lose to an inferior team, but I think everyone (OK, maybe not BL) had already braced themselves for this one a long time ago. It's not crushing in the least, at least not by our usual standards.

I'm just glad I got to see a little bit of Wiggins and Embiid's development before they go on to be great players for the next decade plus.

We were missing a real leader. Add just one of these guys to this year's team, and we could have been great:

Taylor, Robinson, Collins, Releford.

These guys were leaders. Tharpe is a joke. Black tried to be a leader, but not having played at KU before this year, it was hard for him to be seen by so many new players as a real leader.

Prison Bitch 03-23-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10512055)
Not the best ever, just the best in the last 10 years or so.

Not even close to Pitino and you'd have to really be kidding to put him over Cal, K, Roy, or Donovan. I like Self fine but better than all those guys? Cause he beats up on the reeruns in our league?

Great coaches don't start , let alone recruit, Naadir Tharpe.

Pants 03-23-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10512068)
Not even close to Pitino and you'd have to really be kidding to put him over Cal, K, Roy, or Donovan. I like Self fine but better than all those guys? Cause he beats up on the reeruns in our league?

Great coaches don't start , let alone recruit, Naadir Tharpe.

I was talking about Kansas, not Bill Self. But yeah, I would take Bill Self over everyone you just listed.

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 10512066)
We were missing a real leader. Add just one of these guys to this year's team, and we could have been great:

Taylor, Robinson, Collins, Releford.

These guys were leaders. Tharpe is a joke. Black tried to be a leader, but not having played at KU before this year, it was hard for him to be seen by so many new players as a real leader.

They lacked somebody to help drive the team, that's for sure. You put senior Tyshawn on this team and you might be looking at a much different outcome.

Prison Bitch 03-23-2014 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10512074)
I was talking about Kansas, not Bill Self. But yeah, I would take Bill Self over everyone you just listed.

Wow. What a homer.

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10512074)

All of those coaches but K have missed the tournament since Self came to KU. Donavan/Cal have missed it multiple times.

I guess that sort of thing is acceptable for PB?

Pants 03-23-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10512076)
Wow. What a homer.

Considering your takes are reeruned on literally everything, I don't have a problem with this.

Pants 03-23-2014 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10512083)
All of those coaches but K have missed the tournament since Self came to KU. Donavan has missed it multiple times.

PB is like a dumber version of gochiefs. He will flip a switch in his head about something, put that train on rails and run it straight off of a cliff. He's the worst kind of a poster.

Prison Bitch 03-23-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10512083)
All of those coaches but K have missed the tournament since Self came to KU. Donavan/Cal have missed it multiple times.

KU fans are the only ones who brag about making the tourney and winning a league. But Self knows better and even said March is ultimately what matters. I'll take Selfs own opinion on it over yours any day.

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10512158)
KU fans are the only ones who brag about making the tourney and winning a league. But Self knows better and even said March is ultimately what matters. I'll take Selfs own opinion on it over yours any day.

I guess you'll also take Coach K making the tournament and losing to a 14 and 15 seed in the last three years, too? LMAO

Prison Bitch 03-23-2014 07:11 PM

What difference does it make? We lost to a garbage team just like he did.

Prison Bitch 03-23-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10512085)
Considering your takes are reeruned on literally everything, I don't have a problem with this.

You're one of those dorks I see at AFH walking around wearing a "2009 big 12 champions" tee shirt.

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10512164)
What difference does it make? We lost to a garbage team just like he did.

We can't afford to miss out on losing to Robert Morris in the NIT either. ROFL

Ceej 03-23-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10512047)
He blocked shots at Arkansas. That's about all he did well, though.

That's fine. If he can do that at a high level I will be happy.

Pablo 03-23-2014 07:34 PM

Self is fantastic. I might trade him straight up for Izzo. That's about it.

We'll be a good, competitive team next year no matter what. Favorites to win our league and probably a four seed or better in the tourney. Life isn't that bad.

And this loss doesn't cut me deep. There is always hope for next year as a KU fan.

Prison Bitch 03-23-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10512170)
We can't afford to miss out on losing to Robert Morris in the NIT either. ROFL

Since Cal got there he's easily outperformed Self. He's still going this year too, he might end up with his 3rd FF in 5 years there. Kentucky would've smoked us today.

But yeah, you can beat off to your 2014 NCAA Tourney participation ribbon.

NWTF 03-23-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10512076)
Wow. What a homer.

No. Im not a KU guy but Self is right there in the conversation with all those guys. You could make a case for any of them. Honestly Id probably take Self.

TLO 03-23-2014 07:39 PM

This message is hidden because Prison Bitch is on your ignore list.

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10512206)
Self is fantastic. I might trade him straight up for Izzo. That's about it.

We'll be a good, competitive team next year no matter what. Favorites to win our league and probably a four seed or better in the tourney. Life isn't that bad.

Self's KU has been a 4 seed or better every year in the tournament since he arrived (with seven 1 or 2's). Care to take a guess how many other programs have done that?

Chiefs Pantalones 03-23-2014 08:15 PM

Why the F can't we lure a great point guard here these last few classes?

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10512292)
Why the F can't we lure a great point guard here these last few classes?

Ask Smart, he would have been great for this team but chose OSU instead.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-23-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10512296)
Ask Smart, he would have been great for this team but chose OSU instead.

He would've been the missing link this year, IMO. Such a force driving and on defense.

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10512306)
He would've been the missing link this year, IMO. Such a force driving and on defense.

Last two years really.

Silock 03-23-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10512306)

You misspelled "diving."

Baby Lee 03-23-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 10512210)
No. Im not a KU guy but Self is right there in the conversation with all those guys. You could make a case for any of them. Honestly Id probably take Self.

FTR, I take Self as well, I just abandon 1'n'dones from here on out.

If we're gonna excuse a 4 point tourney showing with 'aww, he's just a kid' let them be kids elsewhere and make their millions in the NBA.

Mr. Plow 03-23-2014 09:14 PM

lol @ PB

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10512416)
FTR, I take Self as well, I just abandon 1'n'dones from here on out.

If we're gonna excuse a 4 point tourney showing with 'aww, he's just a kid' let them be kids elsewhere and make their millions in the NBA.

Yes, it's far more appropriate to rip these guys like you for supposedly not caring when they are crying their eyes out in the locker room. You're an absolute clown.

Baby Lee 03-23-2014 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10512441)
Yes, it's far more appropriate to rip these guys like you for supposedly not caring when they are crying their eyes out in the locker room. You're an absolute clown.

If they care, they stick around and mature until they can win, that's not realistic with what the NBA offers. So if they're only gonna be here when they're not mature enough to carry a team, then get someone who's committed.

You can't have it every which way, he's a phenomenal talent, who isn't mature enough to contribute when it matters, and YES the NCAA tournament is when it matters, Self himself said and says so, but it's OK because he's a kid and he feels bad, but it's also OK that he's leaving before he matures because he's gonna get that NBA scrilla, yo.

Poor kids cryin' their eyes out are a little less sympathetic when they're moving on to MTV cribs and a Maybach with 22's and millions more in the bank tomorrow.

And though I stick with Self, I also put that failed 1'n'done gambit on him, not Wiggins. He picked a shitty approach for how he coaches. Learn, and move forward.

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10512462)
If they care, they stick around and mature until they can win, that's not realistic with what the NBA offers. So if they're only gonna be here when they're not mature enough to carry a team, then get someone who's committed.

What a colossal load of shit that is. These pro prospects are already basically forced into a system that completely exploits them and you want them to participate in multiple years of it while risking millions of dollars at the same time? For what? So you can bitch and moan for hours on end about them supposedly not caring if they have a bad game at the wrong time? Hilarious. These kids have their livelihoods to worry about like everyone else in the world. They don't owe anything to you.

Quote:

You can't have it every which way, he's a phenomenal talent, who isn't mature enough to contribute when it matters, and YES the NCAA tournament is when it matters, Self himself said and says so, but it's OK because he's a kid and he feels bad, but it's also OK that he's leaving before he matures because he's gonna get that NBA scrilla, yo.
Wiggins was plenty mature enough to contribute when it mattered. He did all season long as this team's best player (at least when Embiid wasn't on the floor), including on Friday. He came up huge in hostile road environments when practically everyone else was shitting their pants due to the pressure of it. That doesn't mean he's not capable of a bad game, though, nor does it mean he doesn't care today or didn't give an effort. You're completely out of touch if you think otherwise.

Quote:

And though I stick with Self, I also put that failed 1'n'done gambit on him, not Wiggins. He picked a shitty approach for how he coaches. Learn, and move forward.
There's nothing wrong with recruiting "one and dones." It won a NCAA title two years ago for Kentucky. It helped KU have another good season and conference title this year after losing all of their starters from last year. And it's likely going to help plenty more teams next year including KU with Cliff.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-23-2014 11:28 PM

For the 2015 PGs, check out Jalen Adams, King McClure and Justin Simon. All serious KU guys.

Prison Bitch 03-23-2014 11:34 PM

Without one and dones we may have struggled to even make the tourney this year. Had a KSU type season were we win at home and lose everywhere else. Having a roster totally turn over made the gamble no-lose really.

We sucked last month mostly because our few holdovers didn't really progress into good players.

saphojunkie 03-24-2014 12:05 AM

Quote:

Poor kids cryin' their eyes out are a little less sympathetic when they're moving on to MTV cribs and a Maybach with 22's and millions more in the bank tomorrow.

:facepalm:

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-24-2014 12:20 AM

Quote:

I think we have a front-runner for spoiled fan post of the year.

Wiggins is the most talented Kansas player in your lifetime, he's a good kid, and it's usually a solid idea to have the basketball team with the best player on the floor.

If he was born a year earlier you're probably touting him as one of the greatest players in the history of the program.