ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Draft Thoughts (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=227160)

Chiefs=Champions 04-23-2010 11:26 PM

Draft Thoughts

It was the start of the draft and i was nervous as hell. Okung fell into our laps and i was sure we were gonna take him FML. Then the clouds parted as Berry was shown talking on the phone. I have never been as happy and excited about a draft pick, I was jumping around the room thinking not only did we draft a fantastic player, but maybe, just maybe Pioli actually knew what he was doing..

Boy was i wrong..

To be honest im probably not as pissed of with the draft as some, but im still left scratching my head over a few of the day 2 moves.

IMO we had the chance for the best draft in chiefs history and yet we came away with maybe a solid C+ at best..

Clausen, a guy that you reportedly were considering at 5 drops into ur lap in the ****ing 2nd round and you pass. Not only is he damn talented, showing all the traits of a franchise qb but he also played in the EXACT same offense that our new OC runs.. Seriously how that isnt a no brainer stuns me..

I do think McCluster may prove some wrong and basically act as a poor mans spiller, but the Arenas pick seriously pisses me off, especially after just taking McCluster.

Why Pioli thought that hes a better pick then some of the other players on the board i will never know.

Picking up Asamoah was a reasonable pick, as i think hes perfectly suited to our finesse scheme, but to pick Moeaki and not only that but trade up for him? :cuss: that is just plain idiotic. Seriously what made them think they had to trade up for a guy that most probably had rated as the the forth best TE left on the board? Not only was it a reach, but this is a guy whos been plagued by the injury bug his entire career... :shake:

In conclusion Pioli better hope these guys produce immediately or hes going to lose the last thread of faith i have in this team..

We also better have a ****ing dominant return game....

HotRoute 04-23-2010 11:32 PM

still a lot of talent out there

Chiefs=Champions 04-23-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC111110 (Post 6707842)
still a lot of talent out there

I say trade up and draft Cam Thomas..

FAX 04-24-2010 10:40 AM

As the shock abates and analytical thinking replaces choleric, boundless rage, I'm warming up to our draft.

Though the size of a penny, McCluster (sp?) has roadrunner speed. If Weis can figure out how to get him the ball in space, fireworks should result. Arenas has potential to help us in the nickle and appears to know how to castrate quarterbacks on the blitz. The TE guy is a puzzle, to be sure. With an injury history like his, you just hope and pray he can stay healthy ... that's an issue for the training staff as much as anything, probably.

After Berry, we picked up sleepers. Guys who are assumably dependable role players and we needed some of those. Not an exciting draft, but perhaps a better one than I originally thought. Besides, if I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times; "There's always next year."

FAX

boogblaster 04-24-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 6709555)
As the shock abates and analytical thinking replaces choleric, boundless rage, I'm warming up to our draft.

Though the size of a penny, McCluster (sp?) has roadrunner speed. If Weis can figure out how to get him the ball in space, fireworks should result. Arenas has potential to help us in the nickle and appears to know how to castrate quarterbacks on the blitz. The TE guy is a puzzle, to be sure. With an injury history like his, you just hope and pray he can stay healthy ... that's an issue for the training staff as much as anything, probably.

After Berry, we picked up sleepers. Guys who are assumably dependable role players and we needed some of those. Not an exciting draft, but perhaps a better one than I originally thought. Besides, if I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times; "There's always next year."

FAX

Yes Mr FAX there is always next year .. Don't know how many years Ive got on earth hopefully Ill live to see us be respectable again ...

Chiefs=Champions 04-24-2010 10:50 AM

some more thoughts on the draft:

:facepalm:

DeezNutz 04-24-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 6709555)
After Berry, we picked up sleepers. Guys who are assumably dependable role players and we needed some of those.

We do.

But we need foundational players more.

mcaj22 04-24-2010 10:53 AM

I really like that Asamoah pick the most besides the Berry pick. He seems like a pissed off player that will work hard. With that said if he comes in a competes at a high level than expected, and they have to justify starting him... do we see a guy like Brian Waters being traded/cut like this years Benard Pollard? I mean, I do think we might see some surprises in terms of the chopping block this year...rightfully so.

kcfan82 04-24-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

In conclusion Pioli better hope these guys produce immediately or hes going to be sent packing out of this city
Fixed your sentence

kcfan82 04-24-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 6707850)
I say trade up and draft Cam Thomas..

I say we trade up and draft another safety, as long as he is a nice guy that's all that matters.

big nasty kcnut 04-24-2010 10:57 AM

I think we had a hell of a good draft we got some needs players. Also we we had one reach pick which was the te one but the other were good. Now get a big name still there and we be good.

mcaj22 04-24-2010 10:58 AM

What I got out of the draft today is by the Chiefs taking 19 defensive backs, that must mean that

A) Donald Washington was a wasted pick last season

and

B) Dajuan Morgan sucks.

The Bad Guy 04-24-2010 10:59 AM

All I can say is thank god we drafted Berry.

KCDC 04-24-2010 11:00 AM

Surprised no Center taken. Maybe they will entertain trying out Waters there. With the addition of two good guards, one has to wonder what that portends. Who will be RT? Do we *really* think Rudy and the ancient Casey are solutions at center?

We still need an ILB badly. I was hoping we'd get the guy from the Raiders, but the Jags got him. We might need to make a trade to get a legitmate ILB, unless they think there is a wealth of them to get in free agency after the draft.

Ebolapox 04-24-2010 11:00 AM

I'm sick of saying 'maybe next year.' **** this franchise.