ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life May be going to jail for awhile (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256265)

BigMeatballDave 02-18-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8381671)
Really? You think so?

Let me run this scenario past you: the guy justifies in his mind that he just punished the kids and lost his temper. It's not going to happen again. Meanwhile, he and the Ex stay together and, through echo chamber psychology, convince each other that MTG is the bad guy. They pursue every legal recourse they have against him and are convinced that HE is the psycho one that needs to be kept away from the kids. Meanwhile, Mr. Ex Broken Nose raises up MTG's kids, smacking them around anytime he loses his temper and knowing that he has the benefit of the law on his side from now on. On top of that, he's got a nice wad of cash to hire lawyers to legally beat the shit out of MTG who is now in the poor house after paying Broken Nose's hospital bills.

Yup. MTG has them right where he wants them.

What MTG did doesn't guarantee any kind of safety for his children. It puts them in more danger because he no longer has the high ground where the law is concerned. And I seriously doubt that guy is going to not lose his temper anymore and hit the kid just because MTG put an ass whipping on him. That's, once again, not how physical abuse works.

Do you really think the ex boyfriend has the financial resources to persue any of this?

alnorth 02-18-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8381654)
What MTG did wasn't very bright but you can guarantee he won't go near his children. Ever.

Unless his ex kicks him out, I don't think so.

-King- 02-18-2012 02:55 PM

I don't understand how people are taking the "He should have called the cops and let them take care of it" approach. That's ****ing reeruned to me. So if someone was slapping your daughter you wouldn't think about kicking his ass?

It isn't even about being an internet tough guy. It's someone putting your hands on your family. You shouldn't even think twice in that situation.

Brock 02-18-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8381704)
I don't understand how people are taking the "He should have called the cops and let them take care of it" approach. That's ****ing reeruned to me. So if someone was slapping your daughter you wouldn't think about kicking his ass?

It isn't even about being an internet tough guy. It's someone putting your hands on your family. You shouldn't even think twice in that situation.

yeah, because you can protect your family really well from JAIL.

Some of you people are seriously reeruned.

LiveSteam 02-18-2012 03:09 PM

KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

BigMeatballDave 02-18-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8381729)
yeah, because you can protect your family really well from JAIL.

Some of you people are seriously reeruned.

Be real, Brock.

Do you really not understand rage? If someone hurt your child, are you certain you would
sit by and do nothing?

Sure, its the right thing to do. But a lot of people cannot exercise that kind of restraint.

notorious 02-18-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8381688)

A boyfriend has no right to hit your daughter in the face. **** that guy and anyone who doesn't understand how this happened.

This.

luv 02-18-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8381611)
No shit.

You have no children and you work in the legal field.

Fact is, no one ever knows how they'd react knowing someone hurt their child.

I'm extremely mild-mannered, but I would seriously inflict some damage on someone if they hurt my son.

Law be damned.

Its very easy for you and others to sit in judgement of someone when you have no ****ing clue how you would act if this situation presented itself to you.

I'm not judging. The guy deserved it. It doesn't matter what you or I believe, though. The law is the law. He might have ultimately hurt himself more than he knows in the long run for the temporary satisfaction of having beat the shit out of the guy. What good does it do if he goes to jail?

FAX 02-18-2012 03:21 PM

I see a "My daughter just shot her boyfriend and came to my house with the gun and she was crying so I helped her bury the boyfriend's body in the basement and we threw the gun in the river which was a shame because I gave her that gun for her birthday then we went to Denny's and she's seeing ghosts of the dude everywhere including in her waffle and I don't know if I should call a psychiatrist or not." thread in our future.

FAX

luv 02-18-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8381756)
Be real, Brock.

Do you really not understand rage? If someone hurt your child, are you certain you would
sit by and do nothing?

Sure, its the right thing to do. But a lot of people cannot exercise that kind of restraint.

"Judge, I know what I did was illegal, but I was just so full of rage."

"Oh, you were full of rage? Well that changes everything, you're free to go."

WilliamTheIrish 02-18-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8381701)
Do you really think the ex boyfriend has the financial resources to persue any of this?

You don't need financial resources to do any of that Dave. The DA will decide if there is enough evidence to move forward with whatever charges. Finding a lawyer to sue for damages shouldn't be all that hard either.

Putting the gears of a bureaucratic agency like SRS or DFS into motion isn't especially difficult. One complaint, a long investigation and during the time of the investigation, the chance the kids are removed from his custody is very likely.

I understand the rage. I really do. But a person does run the risk of ruining their own life as well as the lives of their kids when they really **** a guy up like MTG did. Allegedly of course.

I wish MTG good luck. It;s a position in which I would never want to find myself.

LiveSteam 02-18-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8381772)
I see a "My daughter just shot her boyfriend and came to my house with the gun and she was crying so I helped her bury the boyfriend's body in the basement and we threw the gun in the river which was a shame because I gave her that gun for her birthday then we went to Denny's and she's seeing ghosts of the dude everywhere including in her waffle and I don't know if I should call a psychiatrist or not." thread in our future.

FAX

What color was the waffle in question MR. FAX?

BigMeatballDave 02-18-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8381776)
"Judge, I know what I did was illegal, but I was just so full of rage."

"Oh, you were full of rage? Well that changes everything, you're free to go."

:rolleyes:

luv 02-18-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 8381778)
You don't need financial resources to do any of that Dave. The DA will decide if there is enough evidence to move forward with whatever charges. Finding a lawyer to sue for damages shouldn't be all that hard either.

Especially since a lot of civil attorneys have the "you don't pay unless we win" ads.

TheGuardian 02-18-2012 03:27 PM

Anyone here who wouldn't beat that guys ass for slapping his kid is a ****ing pussy and a coward and should immediately stop calling yourself a man, because you have no ****ing balls.

God damn what in the world happened to defending your family and their honor? There are really some of you that would let a non-family member slap your kid in the face and not tear their skin off and wear it?

Pacifist ****ing losers. Pussies that don't deserve the air you ****ing breathe. Disgusting.