ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Why did we get rid of Craphanso Thorpe again? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=174324)

baitism 11-11-2007 10:29 PM

Why did we get rid of Craphanso Thorpe again?

I remember we drafted him and he was a solid player at FSU. So instead of letting him develop we keep a crap load of terrible receivers and cut him, and now he seems to be back to his old self on Indy. Our management is effin reeruned.

KcMizzou 11-11-2007 10:32 PM

Indeed. I'm still pissed that we let Sly Mo go too.

Pablo 11-11-2007 10:32 PM

Because we didn't have Peyton Manning to throw to him.

Manning could make Samie Parker look good.

Deberg_1990 11-11-2007 10:35 PM

Damnit!! Scott Fugita had 6 tackles today!!!

Silock 11-11-2007 10:36 PM

He has better hands than Webb and he's a better returner than Drummond.

Pablo 11-11-2007 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock
He has better hands than Webb and he's a better returner than Drummond.

Better returner than Drummond..No effin way! Drummond is the sh*t.

blueballs 11-11-2007 10:44 PM

Rod Gardner should have called

RealSNR 11-11-2007 10:45 PM

ThorpeNextJoeHorn

reeruns.

siberian khatru 11-11-2007 10:46 PM

Anybody got Anthony Hancock's number?

blueballs 11-11-2007 10:47 PM

Gardner>>>>>Sippio

RealSNR 11-11-2007 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitism
I remember we drafted him and he was a solid player at FSU. So instead of letting him develop we keep a crap load of terrible receivers and cut him, and now he seems to be back to his old self on Indy. Our management is effin reeruned.

Hindsight is a wonderful tool, isn't it? It's incredibally easy to say "If only we had _________ed, then we would have _________" AND it makes you look smart, too.

The problem is nobody has a ****ing time machine. When a player doesn't understand the play book, is injured all the time, can't catch, and has been a bum on the team for the past two seasons while other players have surpassed him, it's time to let him go. Let's see you be a coach in the NFL and display good judgement on all players.

Am I defending the shit we've had to put up with all these seasons? No, I'm not, and I'm fine with people being negative and critical. But blind criticism like this without thought just doesn't work, and that's when I have a problem with it.

So to summarize, you're an idiot.

Deberg_1990 11-11-2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitism

The Cowboys cut Jimmy Smith

The Eagles cut Chris Carter

Nick Lowry was cut 11 times before he caught on with the Chiefs.

Point is, all teams make mistakes and some players need the change or a slap in the face to serve as a wake up call.

blueballs 11-11-2007 10:55 PM

Colts will drop him like a rock at the end of the season

88TG88 11-11-2007 10:56 PM

What did he do ?

baitism 11-11-2007 11:14 PM

My point is he was a proven player in college. And he was like a 3rd or 4th round pick. So we wouldn't have had to pay him shit. Not like when we got a complete scrub in college, Ryan Sims, just because his fat ass did well at the combine. Who gives a flying **** about the combine, watch them play in college. Theres alot more to football than stats....