ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports MLB prepared to ban Alex Rodriguez for life (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274965)

LoneWolf 07-31-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9848793)
McGwire did admit to using them a few years ago.

After years of denial and outright lying. Go watch video of that ass hat at the congressional hearing and tell me that is someone you want in the HOF.

BigRedChief 07-31-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9848788)
I was a kid when the home run chase happened. I had no idea they were juicing. You may not feel betrayed but I certainly do.

The people who were running the game... if they knew? Yeah, hypocritical as hell.

The public wern't hypocrites. They didn't know. It was baseball, the coaches, players etc.

No way no one is going to convince me that everyone in the late 90's - early 2000's was surprised by PED usage.

BigRedChief 07-31-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9848809)
McGwire at least strikes me as a decent person. Sosa had a bad rep around town as being a prima donna douche, but at least he made it look good for the fans. Clemons and Bonds, however, were just complete ****ing pricks.

However, being a ****ing prick isn't grounds for not making the HOF

Yep, Ty Cobb has to be one of the worse human beings to ever be a baseball "star". Racist as hell too.

tk13 07-31-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9848809)
McGwire at least strikes me as a decent person. Sosa had a bad rep around town as being a prima donna douche, but at least he made it look good for the fans. Clemons and Bonds, however, were just complete ****ing pricks.

However, being a ****ing prick isn't grounds for not making the HOF (kick the first guy inducted out if that ever happens), so if you don't admit one of them, you don't admit any of them.

And I'm good with that.

Who they are aside... McGwire never even needed to take them. He legitimately had the talent to hit 600+ homers. I've never seen another person hit baseballs like he could hit a baseball.

vailpass 07-31-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9848714)
Trying to win is not worse than trying to lose...not even close.

X1000

LoneWolf 07-31-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9848808)
McGwire never denied it publicly, A-Rod admitted to doing so a few years ago. Clemens/Bonds are the ones that haven't admitted to it.

McGwire just didn't want to talk about the past. Yes, he's a stand-up guy. :rolleyes: If Canseco doesn't write that book, McGwire would still be denying it to this day.

A-Rod admitted that he "inadvertently" used because he took something his cousin said was OK. Now it turns out (if reports are true) that he was actively recruiting others to biogenesis.

Frazod 07-31-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9848823)
Who they are aside... McGwire never even needed to take them. He legitimately had the talent to hit 600+ homers. I've never seen another person hit baseballs like he could hit a baseball.

He sure paid the price for it in the end, though. And so did the Cardinals.

I'll never forget his epic suck against the Diamondbacks in his last postseason series. He was an absolute, guaranteed out, and it seemed like every time he was up there were runners on base with two outs. Strike one, strike two, strike three, inning over. ****er. And of course, LaRussa wouldn't bench him.

I have no love for the guy. The Cardinals didn't win dick until after he left.

kcxiv 07-31-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9848687)
The lifetime ban is a threat to effectively ban him from the Hall of Fame. He doesn't have that many games in him anyway, but the HOF rules state that a banned player isn't eligible. So, this is MLB saying, "You're not even getting to a HOF vote unless you admit you took roids and go away."
You could say he wouldn't get in anyway, but there's a chance that once Bonds gets in (which he will eventually) the rest of the roid guys could get in, too. So he probably thinks he could still get in the HOF.
My belief anyway.

its an attempt to prevent him from collection the 150 million he has left on his contract. You know dman well the Yankee's are pushing for that.

He's not gonna get into the hall anyways if he doesnt get banned. Look at Bonds, he's not sniffing it.

kcxiv 07-31-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9848823)

Mark took them to heal from his back injuries that kept getting reinjured. The steroids healed him.

There is this doctor in L.A that has a radio show on espn la on the weekends. I listen at times, he said, its legal for player to shoot coritisone that damages body tissues, but steriods are illegal (even for healing) and they help heal and dont damage the body when taken correctly.

HonestChieffan 07-31-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9848821)
Yep, Ty Cobb has to be one of the worse human beings to ever be a baseball "star". Racist as hell too.

Oh for **** sake. Give it a rest.

Brock 07-31-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9848813)
After years of denial and outright lying. Go watch video of that ass hat at the congressional hearing and tell me that is someone you want in the HOF.

He deserves to go in. Lying to a bunch of pompous blowhard liars who were meddling in something that was none of their business doesn't bother me.

Psyko Tek 07-31-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9848760)
The strikes tarnished the game. The juicers saved it, imo.

if you gotta cheat to make the game interesting...
you know, maybe it's time to end the game

LoneWolf 07-31-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9848934)
He deserves to go in. Lying to a bunch of pompous blowhard liars who were meddling in something that was none of their business doesn't bother me.

Do his stats before he was obviously using say he deserves to be in the HOF? I would say no.

I don't give a shit who he lied to. He lied and that alone should keep him out of the hall.

HonestChieffan 07-31-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9848813)

Amen. These asshats deserve shit. Cheat...you are gone. Done. Rose, McGwire, Arod and any of the rest. Cheats in life or sports are still cheats.

Frazod 07-31-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9848934)

Excellent point.