ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Misc Losing my Sprint discount.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267542)

The Franchise 12-10-2012 05:02 PM

Losing my Sprint discount....

So I forget who "hooked me up" with the knowledge of getting a discount through Sprint before I signed up.....but I've now gotten two texts, an e-mail and a voicemail stating that I have to verify my discount eligibility. So now I'm losing out on my 27% discount for working for Chase.

Anyone have any easy ones that I could apply?

Yeah yeah yeah....moral issue.....stealing....yada yada yada.

Valiant 12-11-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9197423)
So I forget who "hooked me up" with the knowledge of getting a discount through Sprint before I signed up.....but I've now gotten two texts, an e-mail and a voicemail stating that I have to verify my discount eligibility. So now I'm losing out on my 27% discount for working for Chase.

Anyone have any easy ones that I could apply?

Yeah yeah yeah....moral issue.....stealing....yada yada yada.

Does your company not have a deal?

The Franchise 12-11-2012 08:26 AM

No....my company goes through Verizon.

loochy 12-11-2012 08:32 AM

? So tell them you are leaving for Verizon if you still don't get your discount. If they don't give you a discount, then leave for Verizon.

The Franchise 12-11-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9199239)
? So tell them you are leaving for Verizon if you still don't get your discount. If they don't give you a discount, then leave for Verizon.

My wife just re-upped for 2 years. My contract is up January 1st of 2013. Plus my daughter still has another 1.5 years left on her contract. They got me by the balls. I'm just trying to figure out which discount I can get without having to do a lot of work.

loochy 12-11-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9199456)
My wife just re-upped for 2 years. My contract is up January 1st of 2013. Plus my daughter still has another 1.5 years left on her contract. They got me by the balls. I'm just trying to figure out which discount I can get without having to do a lot of work.

Wait, they can revoke the discount in the middle of the contract?

The Franchise 12-11-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9199482)
Wait, they can revoke the discount in the middle of the contract?

They're not "revoking" the discount. They're requiring verification of my ability to qualify for the discount....which I do not have.

loochy 12-11-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9199484)
They're not "revoking" the discount. They're requiring verification of my ability to qualify for the discount....which I do not have.

Make up a fake Chase business card?

ATT took my business card as sufficient proof for my discount.

The Franchise 12-11-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9199499)
Make up a fake Chase business card?

ATT took my business card as sufficient proof for my discount.

They require a Chase e-mail. I got out of it the first time by saying that I was new and they hadn't given me one yet.

Worst case scenario.....I can go military. I was just seeing if there was something bigger than 15%.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-11-2012 10:35 AM

I do believe that if they strip your discount, they have in essence changed your policy, giving you the option of cancelling said contract. I don't know for sure, but I've been getting messages on my Sprint account that it's coming. I guess I should be prepared for this to happen sooner, rather than later.

The Franchise 12-11-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9199510)
I do believe that if they strip your discount, they have in essence changed your policy, giving you the option of cancelling said contract. I don't know for sure, but I've been getting messages on my Sprint account that it's coming. I guess I should be prepared for this to happen sooner, rather than later.

I ignored the first couple of text messages.....but then I got an e-mail and a phone call. I'm not pissed that I'm losing it.....shit.....I wasn't ever entitled to it. I'm just trying to figure out where to go next.

BWillie 12-11-2012 10:57 AM

My company discount needed to be "re verified". When I redid it my discount dropped from 27% to 18%. Why can't they just come out and tell me they are lowering it instead

SuperChief 12-11-2012 11:00 AM

I know State Farm employees get a pretty substantial discount. At the time of my employment there, all that was required by Sprint was my 4-digit employee code thingy, which everyone has. My advice - email a local State Farm employee in your area asking for an auto insurance quote. The address that they reply with will contain that 4 digit code. Use said code. Ignore auto quote (unless it saves you money, I suppose).