ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Notre Dame-Michigan... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=169847)

Mi_chief_fan 09-11-2007 07:24 PM

Notre Dame-Michigan...

Why is ESPN devoting so much time to this? Neither is a factor this year, nobody cares.

chief52 09-11-2007 07:31 PM

EXTREMELY large fan bases...ESPN is selling what sells. Imagine that.

chagrin 09-11-2007 07:33 PM

Maybe nobody here cares but I'll bet the Alumni and the money devoted to both colleges seriously outweighs whatever school you went to (especially if I am reading your "location" correctly and you're in State territory); that being said ESPN sucks ass anyway, so it doesn't surprise me.

AZChief 09-11-2007 07:38 PM

Notre Dame's offense is as anemic as ours...at least there starting Clausen and getting him some experience for the future...

Mecca 09-11-2007 07:39 PM

I'm pumped for that SC/ND game this year, 70-3

Mi_chief_fan 09-11-2007 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chagrin
Maybe nobody here cares but I'll bet the Alumni and the money devoted to both colleges seriously outweighs whatever school you went to (especially if I am reading your "location" correctly and you're in State territory); that being said ESPN sucks ass anyway, so it doesn't surprise me.

Western Michigan University. And yeah, now I understand: ESPN is carrying the game. If i'd watched long enough, I would have noticed.

Spott 09-11-2007 07:40 PM

Because the TV networks continue to shove Notre Dame down our throats as if they are America's team. Can't wait for ND to go 6-6 and get a BCS game.

:shake:

KcMizzou 09-11-2007 07:41 PM

This is easy... the story used to be about who wins.

This season, it will be about the team that loses.

chagrin 09-11-2007 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi_chief_fan
Western Michigan University. And yeah, now I understand: ESPN is carrying the game. If i'd watched long enough, I would have noticed.

Ahh Western, cool - your location misled me.

The Franchise 09-11-2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
I'm pumped for that SC/ND game this year, 70-3

Are you serious? 70-3...? Are you crazy?

You know damn well that we can't score 3 points on that defense. And our defense will shutdown after the 1st quarter.

My prediction.......84-0

HolmeZz 09-11-2007 08:08 PM

Because they think it's what sells.

Nobody should really care about Notre Dame this year. They're young and weren't going to be any good. No reason to devote any air time to them. Michigan's more of a story because they, at the on-set, had national championship aspirations.

pikesome 09-11-2007 08:52 PM

This game might be epic, and not in a good way. Kinda like a train wreck you can see coming. The potential to see millions of Michigan and Notre Dame fans collectively gnashing their teeth.

DomerNKC 09-11-2007 09:27 PM

might just get drunk until spring...

Mecca 09-11-2007 09:34 PM

So why isn't Charlie Weis on the hotseat? He's basically doing the exact same thing Willingham did, I await as someone will cry racism, expect it.

I also think this is kinda dumb to act like ND should just get a pass. They have top rated recruiting classes, SC didn't totally suck after we lost guys.

pikesome 09-11-2007 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
So why isn't Charlie Weis on the hotseat? He's basically doing the exact same thing Willingham did, I await as someone will cry racism, expect it.

I also think this is kinda dumb to act like ND should just get a pass. They have top rated recruiting classes, SC didn't totally suck after we lost guys.

He is in alot of people's minds and I've already heard the race card played. Maybe that contract he signed makes him too expensive to fire, dunno. I'd like to know what he's screwing up though, is it coaching, game planning, recruiting, what?