ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The Brushback on Herm Edwards (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=134054)

gblowfish 01-18-2006 11:02 AM

The Brushback on Herm Edwards

A friend of mine at Fox Sports pointed me to this website, which is his favorite sports parody site. It's called "The Brushback" and the lead story today is about Herm Edward promising to do for the Chiefs what he did for the Jets...win 47% of his games.

Apologies if this has been posted before. I did a search (to make Skip happy)...

Link is here: http://www.thebrushback.com/hermedwards_full.htm

phxchief 01-18-2006 11:04 AM

Give me 2 playoff wins and i'll be happier than I have the past 5 years.

BTW, Herm Edwards >>>> every single other newly-hired HCs.

htismaqe 01-18-2006 11:08 AM

I'll take a 47% winning percentage in exchange for 2 playoff wins.

Gunther's winning percentage was 50%. Vermeil's was a stunning 55%.

milkman 01-18-2006 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
I'll take a 47% winning percentage in exchange for 2 playoff wins.

Gunther's winning percentage was 50%. Vermeil's was a stunning 55%.

Maybe you can be happy with continued mediocity, 2 playoff wins notwithstanding.

But I'm sick of it, and want move beyond mediocre.

the Talking Can 01-18-2006 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideWinder
Maybe you can be happy with continued mediocity, 2 playoff wins notwithstanding.

we haven't won a playoff game in 13 years...actually winning a playoff game is a GIGANTIC step in the right direction...beggers can't be whiners...

Baby Lee 01-18-2006 11:19 AM

Quote:

And I wanna be Brad Pitt, spending my days poking Angelina in the cooter.
The problem with the term 'continued mediocrity' is that it assumes we've reached mediocrity yet.

Brock 01-18-2006 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
And I wanna be Brad Pitt, spending my days poking Angelina in the cooter.
The problem with the term 'continued mediocrity' is that it assumes we've reached mediocrity yet.

The Chiefs are the textbook definition of the word.

jspchief 01-18-2006 11:23 AM

I'm pretty pissed that Edwards is only going to win 47% of his games with the Chiefs. But I'm also amazed that there are so many psychics that are into football.

milkman 01-18-2006 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can
we haven't won a playoff game in 13 years...actually winning a playoff game is a GIGANTIC step in the right direction...beggers can't be whiners...

Is it really a GIGANTIC step in the right diection?

Would you be happy with a team like the Skins?

Mediocrity, whether it includes a couple of playoff wins along the way through the years, is still just mediocrity.

Brock 01-18-2006 11:28 AM

Quote:

Would you be happy with a team like the Skins?

Uh, YES.

htismaqe 01-18-2006 11:28 AM

Talking Can and Baby Lee took the words right out of my mouth.

As much as I decry the mediocrity of Marty, even I can admit that what we are now isn't nearly as good as that.

milkman 01-18-2006 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
Uh, YES.

That's cool.

But I wouldn't be.

FringeNC 01-18-2006 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phxchief

BTW, Herm Edwards >>>> every single other newly-hired HCs.

Herm Edwards hardly took over a team in chaos and turned it into a contender. Al Groh was 9-7 before Herm took ever and I think they were sitting at 9-4 at one point, and in first place.

Herm Edwards may end up doing well here, but I just don't see where all these assumptions that he is a great coach are coming from.

Everyone always is bashing Carl Peterson on here, but when it is time to drink the Kool-Aid, most drink it. I think there should be a good amount of skepticism regarding this hire.

kc1977 01-18-2006 11:45 AM

Quote:

Um, we are not at mediocre. We are at pathetic. 1 playoff appearance in the last 8 years. I can't believe people actually thought the career .500 coach Vickie D would be good for us - when he just finished the plunge into patheticness.

The next step is mediocre.

foxman 01-18-2006 11:55 AM

My concerns about Herm are Clock Management and his attention to detail along those lines and how he handled Lamont Jordon. I think it's fair to say he has a similar situation in the Holmes/Johnson combo to the Jordan/Martin situation. Jordan did a fine job in Oakland and now the Jets are hurting a bit at RB IMO.