ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jason Whitlock Puts The Hammer Down (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264832)

the Talking Can 10-08-2012 04:55 PM

thank god someone got the class issue too...

spot on...

Ming the Merciless 10-08-2012 04:57 PM

The whole premise is flawed....Knockout is the goal of MMA (or tapout etc) whereas concussion / injury in the NFL is not something to root for...

Even when the OTHER team gets injured no one cheers...

Whitlock is just an assclown justifying his own disgusting behavior.

Easy 6 10-08-2012 04:57 PM

Yes, excellent... thank you very, very much Jason... i take back any light barb i ever slung your way.

Thank you for telling America the REAL story, i am honestly grateful.

Titty Meat 10-08-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 8993105)
The whole premise is flawed....Knockout is the goal of MMA (or tapout etc) whereas concussion / injury in the NFL is not something to cheer for...

Go **** yourself with a bag of rusty nails

FlaChief58 10-08-2012 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
**** yeah!

BigMeatballDave 10-08-2012 04:58 PM

:clap:

1ChiefsDan 10-08-2012 04:59 PM

Loved the article. **** Hunt. **** Pioli. **** the rest of the foot shuffling porters they call a staff.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-08-2012 04:59 PM

I love Whitlock. He's the man.

DJ's left nut 10-08-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

The whole premise is flawed....Knockout is the goal of MMA (or tapout etc) whereas concussion / injury in the NFL is not something to cheer for...

Submission is the goal of MMA.

MMA is built around using violence to get an opponent to submit to your will. It's far closer to football than you want to admit.

But I understand that having the massive hatred for your boyfriend force fed to you for 24 hours has been difficult for you, so I suppose we can give you a pass.

DaFace 10-08-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

The whole premise is flawed....Knockout is the goal of MMA (or tapout etc) whereas concussion / injury in the NFL is not something to root for...

In a general sense, I agree - we shouldn't start cheering for injuries in football games - that's not the point. But I do agree with jwhit that we shouldn't be DISGUSTED when people do cheer in those situations - there are plenty of examples in entertainment where injuries are just fine, and violence is clearly a part of football.

Johnny Vegas 10-08-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

huh? every play ends with a tackle or a sack. Injury is part of the game. When a linebacker comes in hot and hits the QB so hard his feet fly in the air the reaction the crowd gets insanely loud and over joyful. In fact people jump up and down like a reerun humping a doorknob because the play was so physical.

KcMizzou 10-08-2012 05:03 PM

Damn. Great stuff.

Ming the Merciless 10-08-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8993117)
But I understand that having the massive hatred for your boyfriend force fed to you for 24 hours has been difficult for you, so I suppose we can give you a pass.

As I said, I wouldn't even root injury to another player on another team...

But I already the kind of people that would cheer someone's injury aren't worth shit.....

You can try and pretend this is about me supporting Cassel, but you wont find any evidence of that since the middle of 2011. You're just a douche.

teedubya 10-08-2012 05:03 PM

I need a tissue. This article was ****ing amazing.

Thanks JWhit!

Window Licking Whiner 10-08-2012 05:04 PM

Holy shit! That was awesome jwhit.

I for one whole heartedly say thanks. You caught a lot of crap on here when u were still at the star, I can say I'm thankful to have you as a member of this board, and I apologize for any negative things I said about during that time. In chiefs fans darkest hour, the voices of reason come from unlikely places. Thanks Jason, mellinger too.

Without your voice, the lie that we are bad fan will continue. I doubt even with your article they will stop it, but its a start, and I again say thanks