ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Lance Armstrong cleared of doping charges (and now drops the fight) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=141549)

vailpass 08-24-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 8847749)
Most likely.

Others thought to include,

George Hincapie
Levi Leipheimer
Christian Vande Velde
David Zabriskie

Why would he do it in front of people? That many people?

Graystoke 08-24-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8847752)

Its a Team Thing.
Have you ever watched cycling? Serious.

Watch the USPS year clips. Almost every teamate of Armstrongs were present on the last big climbs of the day protecting Lance.

It was a Team Doping Program.

Chest Rockwell 08-24-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8847752)

The USADA case is actually against teams (USPS, Discovery, Radio Shack, Astana...); most of those people were Lance's teammates.

I'm not sure if the alleged witnesses are going to testify that they saw him doing it, or that it was an organized team thing. Team management and doctors are implicated as well.

The current rumor/theory is those teammates that are thought to be witnesses cut a deal with investigators.

L.A. Chieffan 08-24-2012 12:42 PM

Let them roid, who cares?

Donger 08-24-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell (Post 8847746)
98-99 on US Postal.

Oh yeah. My mistake.

vailpass 08-24-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 8847758)
Its a Team Thing.
Have you ever watched cycling? Serious.

Watch the USPS year clips. Almost every teamate of Armstrongs were present on the last big climbs of the day protecting Lance.

It was a Team Doping Program.

No, I haven't watched much cycling though I respect the sport for the mind-blowing endurance and stamina it requires as well as the teamwork.

Any of this in-race doping captured by the multiple TV cameras, cell phone cameras, photographers, etc.?

vailpass 08-24-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell (Post 8847761)
The USADA case is actually against teams (USPS, Discovery, Radio Shack, Astana...); most of those people were Lance's teammates.

I'm not sure if the alleged witnesses are going to testify that they saw him doing it, or that it was an organized team thing. Team management and doctors are implicated as well.

The current rumor/theory is those teammates that are thought to be witnesses cut a deal with investigators.

Thanks, this is enlightening. The last sentence in your post would seem to severely undermine the credibility of the "witnesses".

Donger 08-24-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8847767)
No, I haven't watched much cycling though I respect the sport for the mind-blowing endurance and stamina it requires as well as the teamwork.

Any of this in-race doping captured by the multiple TV cameras, cell phone cameras, photographers, etc.?

It isn't done while they are in the saddle.

vailpass 08-24-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 8847781)
It isn't done while they are in the saddle.

After the race back in the hotel room kind of thing?

Chest Rockwell 08-24-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8847770)
Thanks, this is enlightening. The last sentence in your post would seem to severely undermine the credibility of the "witnesses".

Oh, there's certainly some self interest being served, especially since many of the witnesses are either still riding or leading teams, etc.

But if it ends up that you get 10+ people corroborating stories like Hamilton's and Landis' about systematic, organized doping on those teams, stories that have been so attacked by the Lance camp and reputations ruined...well that would be interesting to say the least.

Especially coming from people like Leipheimer and especially Hincappe.

But, at this point, all still hersey and speculation.

Chest Rockwell 08-24-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8847795)

At the time (at least part of the time) it was blood transfusions. Pull high hematocrit, healthy blood enough before the race to recover and get oil-changes along the way. Tired, depleted blood out, fresh blood in.

Donger 08-24-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Yep. Back in the good old days, they used to take speed. Tommy Simpson, perhaps the greatest British rider ever, died on a climb (Ventoux, I think) because he took speed and booze.

Swanman 08-24-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

NTTAWWT

Graystoke 08-24-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell (Post 8847813)
Oh, there's certainly some self interest being served, especially since many of the witnesses are either still riding or leading teams, etc.

But if it ends up that you get 10+ people corroborating stories like Hamilton's and Landis' about systematic, organized doping on those teams, stories that have been so attacked by the Lance camp and reputations ruined...well that would be interesting to say the least.

Especially coming from people like Leipheimer and especially Hincappe.

But, at this point, all still hersey and speculation.

Don't forget Frankie and Betsy Andreu. Armstrong wrecked Frankies career because they were in the hospital when Lance told the doctors all the PED's he had taken.
PEDS took Lances nut.
PEDS took away the 7 Tour Victories.

Donger 08-24-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 8847844)
NTTAWWT

Sometimes the cyclists bonk on the climbs, though. It isn't pretty.