ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The latest Chiefs news from KFFL... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256524)

Kylo Ren 02-26-2012 11:07 PM

I'm surprised there's so much discussion of McClain.

beach tribe 02-26-2012 11:09 PM

Could have sworn everyone was saying that Orton had no interest in playing for us.
Never saw an actual quote from him saying as much but...

Tribal Warfare 02-27-2012 05:17 AM

Chiefs open to trading up or down in the first round

The Chiefs got a big victory during the Combine, grabbing the 11th pick in the draft after winning a coin toss against the Seahawks, who will choose 12th. It may not seem like much of a difference, but GM Scott Pioli felt the win helps the Chiefs whether they want to keep the pick or trade it. "Not only is it a better opportunity for you to get what you want, but if there is an opportunity to make a trade, you are one spot higher, and the value of that pick is going to be that much greater," the GM said.

Inspector 02-27-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 8400727)
"He was throwing right as the season ended," general manager Scott Pioli said Friday, Feb. 24. "I don't know if he's 100 percent because I haven't seen him, but he's throwing well."
\
encouraging
'cause I have never seen him throw well before

Oh c'mon....I've seen him throw well.

Remember that one throw in that one game??? Not sure which one but I remember it.

stonedstooge 02-27-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector (Post 8401561)
Oh c'mon....I've seen him throw well.

Remember that one throw in that one game??? Not sure which one but I remember it.

Pioli keeping his blinds closed too?

Setsuna 02-27-2012 09:43 AM

Chris Rainey for Chiefs 2012!

suds79 02-27-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8400950)
LMAO So Jackie Battle decided on the 22nd to test the FA waters and 4 days later it looks like we will resign him. I guess his value is less than he thought.

I don't see why the Chiefs would want him back. His YPG continually got lower & lower as he carried the rock this year.

I just don't see what he brings to the table that pretty much any other back couldn't.

InChiefsHeaven 02-27-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8401592)
I don't see why the Chiefs would want him back. His YPG continually got lower & lower as he carried the rock this year.

I just don't see what he brings to the table that pretty much any other back couldn't.

they'll get him cheap. He's a great special teams guy. It'd be good to sign him for cheap, hell, he probably did them a favor by looking around and realizing that there is no interest in him. especially as a RB.

ModSocks 02-27-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8401350)
Chiefs open to trading up or down in the first round

The Chiefs got a big victory during the Combine, grabbing the 11th pick in the draft after winning a coin toss against the Seahawks, who will choose 12th. It may not seem like much of a difference, but GM Scott Pioli felt the win helps the Chiefs whether they want to keep the pick or trade it. "Not only is it a better opportunity for you to get what you want, but if there is an opportunity to make a trade, you are one spot higher, and the value of that pick is going to be that much greater," the GM said.

I was actually thinking about that this weekend.

With the Chiefs now selecting ahead of Seattle, it significantly increases our trade value to move back.

If a guy like Tannehill is available when we pick, a team may want to jump Seattle to draft him. Same goes for Richardson, who could also go to Seattle.

Saul Good 02-27-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8401816)

With the Chiefs now selecting ahead of Seattle, it significantly increases our trade value to move back.

If a guy like Tannehill is available when we pick, a team may want to jump Seattle to draft him. Same goes for Richardson, who could also go to Seattle.

Its a nice bit of leverage picking immediately before a team that needs. QB and a RB. Especially considering we need both as well.

Kylo Ren 02-27-2012 08:38 PM

Updated....

Pasta Little Brioni 02-27-2012 08:48 PM

Chiefs hope to win games next year.
Mon, 27 Feb 20:45:12
The Kansas City Chiefs hope to win games rather than lose them in 2012. Each week they'd like to score more points than the other team.

Kylo Ren 02-27-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8403621)
Chiefs hope to win games next year.
Mon, 27 Feb 20:45:12
The Kansas City Chiefs hope to win games rather than lose them in 2012. Each week they'd like to score more points than the other team.

Thanks. I missed that one. I'll update the list. :thumb:

Direckshun 02-27-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8401816)

Just for what it's worth, Seattle is franchising Marshawn Lynch.

Direckshun 02-27-2012 10:43 PM

Good to see the Chiefs showing interest in Tolbert. He would be an excellent compliment to Charles.

Also glad to see they're doing the sensible thing and going for Soliai.