ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals **** Official Cards @ Braves 'play in' **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264687)

chefsos 10-05-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8980498)
According to what was stated on the broadcast he does... but I haven't read the rule. It was a shit call and could have changed the outcome. That said said I wouldn't uphold the protest and replay it if I were MLB. Shit calls happen and this didn't drectly take runs off the board so I wouldn't over rule the umps, bad call or not.

That said, did I hear it wrong or are the Cardinals now hosting the Nats and if so why in the **** is that? The Nats won 10 more games and their division.

The 5 game Division series is a 2-3 format this year, I guess because of less travel time due to the WC game.

qabbaan 10-05-2012 07:33 PM

Stay classy braves fans

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-05-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefsos (Post 8980521)
The 5 game Division series is a 2-3 format this year, I guess because of less travel time due to the WC game.

Ah yes ok, thanks.

Frazod 10-05-2012 07:59 PM

You know what would have really been cool? If Matheny had ordered the pitcher to give up two intentional walks to load the bases and plate the lost run, then resumed normal play. Would have diffused the crowd and the controversy. And if the Cards had ended up losing, oh well.

I guess shit like that only happens in the movies and those silly sportsmanship commercials, though.

Marcellus 10-05-2012 08:04 PM

Crazy game and all that will be discussed is a call that did not directly effect runs being scored.

Hell I think it makes things even for the time being called after Loshe threw the pitch for the strike out right before the HR.

Book is even.

Al Bundy 10-05-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8980519)
My ass. Atlanta is three or four times the size of St. Louis and has a large national fanbase from years of TBS broadcasts. Don't forget the love affair everybody had with Chipper this year, too. Frankly, I'm stunned that such a godawful call DIDN'T go against us. It damn well would have in the WWNFL.

Do you think MLB wants to see St. Louis play in the World Series over teams like Philadelphia and New York? Do you think Fox does? They want Yankees v. Dodgers every ****ing year.

No way... Fox/ESPN loves your team.

Frazod 10-05-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 8980604)
No way... Fox/ESPN loves your team.

No, they love RATINGS and MONEY.

VAChief 10-05-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8980398)
The infield fly rule doesn't have to occur on a fly ball in the infield.

Yes, the rule is whether and infielder has a play on the ball and clearly when he raises his hand Kosma is still chasing the ball...those things are always judgement, however right after the ump raises his hand, Kosma pulls off the play and Holliday is left flatfooted. If he raised his hand AFTER Kosma pulled off the play it would have been a bogus call.

VAChief 10-05-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8980487)
Yes he ****ing does.

Wrong

VAChief 10-05-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8980499)
Routine is side stepping a few feet.

Routine is not running 50+ feet into the outfield for a pop up as an infielder.

Keep on trollin.

Good lord, have you ever played the game?

BigRedChief 10-05-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8980523)
Stay classy braves fans

I was on the 11th row from the field tonight at the game. someone from the upper deck threw a full sealed water bottle whizzed right between my and the wifes head.

I was already getting a bunch of shit from a couple of drunks. We were a little worried about our safety. There was no security or even usher sin sight. It got real ugly.

BigRedChief 10-05-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8980458)
Oh, and people wonder why I don't like Holliday? One playoff game he should have cost us, and one that he did with his horrible fielding.

I was 11 rows off the field. The play happened right in front of us. Kozmo is yelling I got it, I got it and waving his arms. The ump calls the infield fly. Kozmo thinks its Holliday calling him off. The ball drops and shit starts raining down on our heads. We got drenched with beer flying out of the bottles on the way to the field.

NJChiefsFan 10-05-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAChief (Post 8980652)
Good lord, have you ever played the game?

Yes. Not sure that is a routine ball. Just because it's a ball that should, in the end, be caught, doesn't make it fit under "infield fly". Not to mention there is nearly zero chance of pulling off a double play from there. On top of that no way the call was made in "reasonable time". Was called in the last 5% of time the ball was in the air.

Either way I don't care too much. Cardinals got a really rough break early in the game. I just don't think any part of the rule was interpreted correctly. It is my personal opinion, based on nothing except watching the ump that made the call, that he regretted the decision he made. As the broadcast mentions, the ump is almost never looking at a play like that from that angle in a regular season game.

BigRedChief 10-05-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8981051)
Yes. Not sure that is a routine ball. Just because it's a ball that should, in the end, be caught, doesn't make it fit under "infield fly".

The way it was explained to us is that the ball doesnt have to be on the infield for the call to be made, just that an infielder is in total control of the fly ball and could drop the ball to double up the other team.

Simply Red 10-05-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8980523)
Stay classy braves fans

You keep on huffing taint buddy!