ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Cutler is Pissed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=203378)

chiefforlife 02-28-2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutler7624 (Post 5540752)
New England could have gotten a lot more out of the trade if another team was involved. Denver did not want Cassel unless they were getting at least one first round draft pick to go along with it.

Quoted from ESPN:
the proposed trade was a three-way deal that would have sent Cassel to Denver to reunite with former Patriots offensive coordinator and new Denver head coach Josh McDaniels, Cutler to Tampa Bay and compensation from Tampa Bay to New England.

Cutler isnt worth what you think he is, he cant win in the clutch, likes to throw picks in crunch time and cries about everything. Just sayin'

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-28-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocina_Basement (Post 5540745)
I would not, and I usually agree with you, or defer to your opinion sometimes when I'm not familiar with a player.

However, as much talent and natural ability the guy has shown. He just doesn't seem to get over the turnovers, brainfart mistakes, and some of his comments just make me think this guy is never going to get it. He seems like someone that gets flustered if you get in his face, and is just another guy with all the tools but his ego or whatever it is keeps him from taking the next step... ?

Who knows. maybe if he had a guy like Haley who would ride his ass, he'd wise up.

If we were talking simply off talent, I get the point, but his attitude has been for shit, and he's come off as whiny, or a jackass, or way too full of himself for having done nothing at this point.

Reasonable people can disagree. I have no problem with that. He does have moments of dipshittery, but he's also 25 years old. It's not like Peyton Manning wasn't storming around on the sidelines pouting at the same age, or Roethlisberger wasn't road pizza, Favre wasn't picking Vicodin out of his own puke, or Elway wasn't wearing those dumbass aviators.

Hell, just looking at video on NFLN of the quarterback controversies, I was amazed at how much of a dickhead Steve Young came off as, but he was young.

Sanka 02-28-2009 09:01 PM

Vaj ****ler is a pussy, I would never want him as my franchise QB, unless this was the Canadian League. Then maybe I would consider.

Hootie 02-28-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5540780)
Just so I get this straight:

We're arrogant for questioning the decision making of a personnel move of an NFL GM
Yet all NFL GMs operate by said draft chart, including Pioli, who has used it multiple times in draft day trades.
You say that the draft chart is a crock of shit.

Ok.

I say Cassel + our 3rd-7th round picks isn't somehow comparable to the #14 overall.

I'm sure you can use it for guidance and all...but come the **** on. Other than Stafford at #1, the #2-#6 picks in this draft all appear to have similar value.

No one has any idea what we should do with #3 now that we have our QB...so why take Curry and pay him #3 money when you can find a guy that would likely have similar impact to the club at #23 and have to pay him $30M less?

That's why New England was more interested in #34 than #3...who are they going to take at #3 that is going to be worth $30M guaranteed?

Exactly.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-28-2009 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5540810)
I say Cassel + our 3rd-7th round picks isn't somehow comparable to the #14 overall.

I'm sure you can use it for guidance and all...but come the **** on. Other than Stafford at #1, the #2-#6 picks in this draft all appear to have similar value.

No one has any idea what we should do with #3 now that we have our QB...so why take Curry and pay him #3 money when you can find a guy that would likely have similar impact to the club at #23 and have to pay him $30M less?

That's why New England was more interested in #34 than #3...who are they going to take at #3 that is going to be worth $30M guaranteed?

Exactly.

It's pretty clear that with this team moving to a 3-4 that BJ Raji is the pick at 3 since they've taken a QB.

I"m sorry if you can't keep up.

Hootie 02-28-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5540820)
It's pretty clear that with this team moving to a 3-4 that BJ Raji is the pick at 3 since they've taken a QB.

I"m sorry if you can't keep up.

My fault.

Quesadilla Joe 02-28-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfl (Post 5540783)
Quoted from ESPN:
the proposed trade was a three-way deal that would have sent Cassel to Denver to reunite with former Patriots offensive coordinator and new Denver head coach Josh McDaniels, Cutler to Tampa Bay and compensation from Tampa Bay to New England.

Cutler isnt worth what you think he is, he cant win in the clutch, likes to throw picks in crunch time and cries about everything. Just sayin'

And Denver turned it down. If they wanted the career backup scrub Cassel he would have been in Denver.

CHENZ A! 02-28-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutler7624 (Post 5540860)
And Denver turned it down. If they wanted the career backup scrub Cassel he would have been in Denver.

LMAO you are a fool.

chiefforlife 02-28-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutler7624 (Post 5540860)

They didnt turn it down. It was reported that the deal to KC had made this one impossible.
Face it your coach was very interested in trading Cutler for Cassel.

Denver had to float the idea in the first place, teams dont just call other teams and ask if they will trade their QB, unless they got wind it was possible.

Do you think people just call Pittsburgh and ask if they want to trade Rothlisberger?

Quesadilla Joe 02-28-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfl (Post 5540969)
They didnt turn it down. It was reported that the deal to KC had made this one impossible.
Face it your coach was very interested in trading Cutler for Cassel.

Denver had to float the idea in the first place, teams dont just call other teams and ask if they will trade their QB, unless they got wind it was possible.

Do you think people just call Pittsburgh and ask if they want to trade Rothlisberger?

Other teams thought that McDaniels would be more comfortable with Cassel than he would have been with Cutler. But McDaniels made the right decision.

If Denver really wanted to trade Cutler for Cassel straight up in a 3 team trade with New England/Detroit/ Denver or NE/TB/DEN, or NE/MIN/DEN the Patriots would have gotten more than a second round pick.

The only reason Cassel's name was brought up was because McDaniels coached him last year.

Denver wasn't trying to get Cassel. Other teams were trying to get Cutler.

unlurking 02-28-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5540794)
Reasonable people can disagree. I have no problem with that. He does have moments of dipshittery, but he's also 25 years old. It's not like Peyton Manning wasn't storming around on the sidelines pouting at the same age, or Roethlisberger wasn't road pizza, Favre wasn't picking Vicodin out of his own puke, or Elway wasn't wearing those dumbass aviators.

Hell, just looking at video on NFLN of the quarterback controversies, I was amazed at how much of a dickhead Steve Young came off as, but he was young.

Cutler seems more like the second coming of Jake Plummer than John Elway, but maybe that's just me.

htismaqe 02-28-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 5540995)
Cutler seems more like the second coming of Jake Plummer than John Elway, but maybe that's just me.

It's not just you. Cutler has a big arm and lots of physical talent. I still question whether or not he has "it" though and it seems like his new coach might agree...

SAUTO 02-28-2009 10:17 PM

bronco fans in denial..... lol

the Talking Can 02-28-2009 10:19 PM

Denver's coach wants Kansas City's QB.

ROFL

Just Passin' By 02-28-2009 10:21 PM

Nancy, err... Cutler, had better learn to keep her mouth shut or she'll find herself on the receiving end of a humiliating lesson in coach-player relations in the Parcells/Belichick tree.