ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Into my own place again! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271355)

luv 03-21-2013 07:45 AM

Into my own place again!

A few years ago, I fell upon semi-hard times. Company I worked for closed, I went back to school, and I had to move in with my dad temporarily. Temporarily turned into not-so-temporarily. School's been done for over a year, and I've had my new job for two years now. I started paying back student loans, which sucks, but I recently paid off my car.

I'm so happy to say that I'm finally getting my own place again in June! It's not much compared to what I had before, but I'm making a little over half of what I was making before my old company closed its doors. The important thing is that I'll finally be back out on my own! Woohoo!

For those of you saying, "Who cares?", you should know that I have a history of sharing TMI, so this thread is absolutely obligatory. :D

loochy 03-21-2013 07:47 AM

We accuse so many on here of living in their parents' basement....but I never really pictured you to be one of them.

Graystoke 03-21-2013 07:55 AM

I lived with my folks once after my divorce. It lasted two weeks. Never again. Now I got a nice van down by the river and could'nt be happier.

rtmike 03-21-2013 08:01 AM

Congrats. I remember how awesome it felt to go out on my own. I think the reasoning for my Dad to charge such an astronomical amount to live with him served 2 purposes...it worked. I also remember thinking while out on my own how cool it'd be to buy a house but shuddered every time I thought how much it cost.

Also remember Dad calling that he & his girlfriend were coming over so Plan A went into action. I got out the little hand held vacuum cleaner & waited. Once they showed outside down I went on my knees & started vacuuming until they were at the front door. Perfect.

That Christmas I got a refurbished Kirby. What a surprise. ;)

Deberg_1990 03-21-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9517696)
A few years ago, I fell upon semi-hard times. Company I worked for closed, I went back to school, and I had to move in with my dad temporarily. Temporarily turned into not-so-temporarily. School's been done for over a year, and I've had my new job for two years now. I started paying back student loans, which sucks, but I recently paid off my car.

I'm so happy to say that I'm finally getting my own place again in June! It's not much compared to what I had before, but I'm making a little over half of what I was making before my old company closed its doors. The important thing is that I'll finally be back out on my own! Woohoo!

For those of you saying, "Who cares?", you should know that I have a history of sharing TMI, so this thread is absolutely obligatory. :D

Congrats luv for turning it around and getting back on your feet again. Ive known a few people who would have just cried "woe is me" for life.

CoMoChief 03-21-2013 08:38 AM

congrats ...gettin back on your feet is a good feeling. good luck

Dayze 03-21-2013 08:39 AM

congrats.

no matter what, don't let accept any invitations from your neighbors to attend the Bukkake party.

LoneWolf 03-21-2013 08:41 AM

So, when is the first toga party. I've got Otis Day and the Knights on speed dial.

Rausch 03-21-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9517696)

Congrats!

I went through the same thing. Me and the wife split up and I lost most of the "stuff" I had. Lived in mom's basement for 2 years.

Even if they're the perfect parent/s there's no greater feeling than not depending on someone else...

luv 03-21-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9517759)
Congrats!

I went through the same thing. Me and the wife split up and I lost most of the "stuff" I had. Lived in mom's basement for 2 years.

Even if they're the perfect parent/s there's no greater feeling than not depending on someone else...

Yeah, my dad rocks, but I think he's looking just as forward to having his house back to himself as I am having my own space. :D

Hammock Parties 03-21-2013 08:44 AM

I love facebookplanet

Rausch 03-21-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9517762)
Yeah, my dad rocks, but I think he's looking just as forward to having his house back to himself as I am having my own space. :D

The day you move out there will be strippers and poker...:evil:

Reerun_KC 03-21-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9517765)
I love facebookplanet

You should. You are the biggest jilted bitch on here...

:D

Rausch 03-21-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9517765)
I love facebookplanet

You are facebookPlanet...

seaofred 03-21-2013 09:01 AM

Congrats!