ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV SceneItAll Tournament: Round 2, Heat 23 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284136)

Rain Man 06-04-2014 06:03 PM

SceneItAll Tournament: Round 2, Heat 23

You know the rules. Vote for your FAVORITE scene from these three:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RaIjYvIayj0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qFUISvEZ3aw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lC6dgtBU6Gs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TimBone 06-04-2014 06:04 PM

Am I inb4?

Rain Man 06-04-2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flybone McTimmerson (Post 10670735)
Am I inb4?

Dang. I got that one up fast, too.

Rain Man 06-04-2014 06:08 PM

My votes in the tournament's easiest heat so far:

#1 - Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Good music, fun visuals, and I have a huge crush on that blonde barmaid. Rowwwwwwr. German barmaid outfits arouse me greatly.

#2 - The Goonies. It's not a good scene, but it's less annoying than...

#3 - The Princess Bride. For some reason, swordfighting scenes are one of the most boring things a movie could possibly have, in my opinion. I'd rather watch a long take of a sad Swedish clown chopping sushi at sunset than watch a swordfighting scene.

Rausch 06-04-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10670744)
#3 - The Princess Bride. For some reason, swordfighting scenes are one of the most boring things a movie could possibly have, in my opinion.

In mine it would be musical numbers.

I loved FBDO but that really annoyed me...

Easy 6 06-04-2014 06:20 PM

This looks like a total rehash of round one... I'm going Bueller here, never really cared about the Goonies or Princess Bride at all, but Ferris is always an entertaining watch.

Rain Man 06-04-2014 06:32 PM

I have to offer a German barmaid story. I don't remember if I've told it before.

I ran a race last Halloween, and it was in some city I wasn't familiar with. So I showed up early and ended up getting there way early. I was sitting in my car and got out to go check out a sign, and another car pulled up next to me. It was a female runner, reasonably attractive and roughly my age or a little younger. She asked if we were in the right parking spot, and we chatted a little bit and had a pleasant time doing so.

It was kind of cool, so we both had jackets on, and eventually it got to the point where we should head to the starting line, which was about a quarter-mile away. We went to our respective trunks and pulled off our respective warmup pants and jackets. I shut my trunk as she walked over so we could go to the starting line together. I looked over and just about dropped to my knees.

She was an attractive woman in very good shape, and she was wearing a very hot and low-cut German barmaid outfit. She said, "It's a Halloween race. Why aren't you wearing a costume?" It turned out that the costume belonged to her 14 year-old daughter, and she borrowed it for the race.

She ran 13 miles in that barmaid outfit, and beat me. At the end, she waited for me to cross the finish line, and I'm telling you, an attractive sweaty woman in a German barmaid outfit is pretty much the best thing in the world.

Predarat 06-04-2014 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10670822)
I have to offer a German barmaid story. I don't remember if I've told it before.

I ran a race last Halloween, and it was in some city I wasn't familiar with. So I showed up early and ended up getting there way early. I was sitting in my car and got out to go check out a sign, and another car pulled up next to me. It was a female runner, reasonably attractive and roughly my age or a little younger. She asked if we were in the right parking spot, and we chatted a little bit and had a pleasant time doing so.

It was kind of cool, so we both had jackets on, and eventually it got to the point where we should head to the starting line, which was about a quarter-mile away. We went to our respective trunks and pulled off our respective warmup pants and jackets. I shut my trunk as she walked over so we could go to the starting line together. I looked over and just about dropped to my knees.

She was an attractive woman in very good shape, and she was wearing a very hot and low-cut German barmaid outfit. She said, "It's a Halloween race. Why aren't you wearing a costume?" It turned out that the costume belonged to her 14 year-old daughter, and she borrowed it for the race.

She ran 13 miles in that barmaid outfit, and beat me. At the end, she waited for me to cross the finish line, and I'm telling you, an attractive sweaty woman in a German barmaid outfit is pretty much the best thing in the world.

Sometimes i say cool story bro and am being sarcastic. But that really was a cool story.

Mama Hip Rockets 06-04-2014 09:17 PM

This is a heck of a weak heat for round 2.

Gadzooks 06-04-2014 10:23 PM

Rain Man, do you identify with the character of Cameron?

Rain Man 06-04-2014 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 10671849)
Rain Man, do you identify with the character of Cameron?

I must admit, I'm curious why you ask.

For the most part, I would say no. I'm not really like him other than a few surface characteristics. But there are some elements where I do identify strongly, such as the Seurat scene. Perhaps that's why I think the Seurat scene should be one of the top scenes in this tournament. A bunch of heathens killed it off in Round 1, though.

TimBone 06-04-2014 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10671863)
I must admit, I'm curious why you ask.

For the most part, I would say no. I'm not really like him other than a few surface characteristics. But there are some elements where I do identify strongly, such as the Seurat scene. Perhaps that's why I think the Seurat scene should be one of the top scenes in this tournament. A bunch of heathens killed it off in Round 1, though.

ROFL

TimBone 06-04-2014 11:03 PM

Let me make this short and sweet. I find Sword fighting scenes, and song & dance scenes boring as hell. Goonies gets the win. Also, I love Baby Ruths.

BlackHelicopters 06-05-2014 05:45 AM

FBDO

Rain Man 06-06-2014 05:15 PM

And we have a tie! Ferris Bueller and Princess Bride move on, despite Ferris being clearly the superior scene.