ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265934)

Hammock Parties 10-30-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9066305)
Okay, so one kid movie in the I-III, right?

The first movie was filled with kids. All of Anakin's little buddies.

listopencil 10-30-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9066300)
No.

It perfectly illustrates that the age of the characters has nothing to with how mature the storyline has to be.

Frosty 10-30-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9066297)
Later, he changed it to his dream of trying to save Padme from death. It ruined the whole narrative.

It turned into an annoying kid turning into a whiny teen-ager.

The "love story" was incredibly hard to buy.

Hammock Parties 10-30-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9066310)
Yoda was a muppet.

He was also a real, serious character with a legitimate role.

He wasn't ****ing Jar Jar.

Donger 10-30-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9066313)
Children were certainly part of the target group to be sure, but it was basically pure action adventure - at least the first one was. The second one was not really aimed at children at all. The third one had the teddy bear things, which was really the first true FOR THE KIDDIES/GIRLS aspect.

I don't know how old you are, but I remember when Star Wars came out. Everybody went nuts over it, not just little kids. I was 11, and had to practically be dragged to see it by one of my friends, just because I thought it would just be another stupid space movie.

I was a few years younger than that. Saw it in London.

I realize that the films appealed to those who weren't young, but I think the kids who watched the first ones when they came out got older during the interim and were naturally disappointed when they watched the new ones.

Donger 10-30-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9066316)
The first movie was filled with kids. All of Anakin's little buddies.

You didn't answer my question.

Donger 10-30-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9066319)
He was also a real, serious character with a legitimate role.

He wasn't ****ing Jar Jar.

Really? Like when he steals Luke's rations and makes cute, little giggles?

bevischief 10-30-2012 03:11 PM

Jar Jar is enough reason for a reboot.

DaneMcCloud 10-30-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9066318)
It turned into an annoying kid turning into a whiny teen-ager.

The "love story" was incredibly hard to buy.

Originally, he was going to show how Anakin's age, stubborness, undisciplined lifestyle would lead him down the path of the Dark Side. It was supposed to be a dark, slippery slope and more of a fable or morality tale.

Instead, due to all of the criticism of TPM, he later changed it to be about his love for Padme. It was ridiculous and I actually think that AOTC is worse than Return of the Hairy ****ing ****rags.

listopencil 10-30-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9066324)
Really? Like when he steals Luke's rations and makes cute, little giggles?

Or when he speaks of ancient platitudes in broken English?

Strongside 10-30-2012 03:13 PM

This is the best possible news other than Disney buying Pioli and Cassel from us for a half eaten ewok dick and a pod racer.

InChiefsHeaven 10-30-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9066254)
My youngest son (15) can't stand the originals. Says the acting is terrible (most talking about Hamill). I can't say I disagree but still love the original trilogy. I think kids today are more ****ing stupid

They need to pattern any new Star Wars after the animated series, which is darker.

FYP

Frosty 10-30-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9066327)
Originally, he was going to show how Anakin's age, stubborness, undisciplined lifestyle would lead him down the path of the Dark Side. It was supposed to be a dark, slippery slope and more of a fable or morality tale.

Instead, due to all of the criticism of TPM, he later changed it to be about his love for Padme. It was ridiculous and I actually think that AOTC is worse than Return of the Hairy ****ing ****rags.

It would have been cooler if part of Anakin's slide into the dark side was his obsession with Padme, who rebuffs him and wants nothing to do with him. Luke and Leia could have been a product of Vader forcing himself on her, forcing her to flee and hide. This would have also fit better with Leia's recollection of her mother (implying that she didn't die in childhood).

DaneMcCloud 10-30-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9066329)
Or when he speaks of ancient platitudes in broken English?

Well, at least his broken English isn't insulting to ethnic groups in America, much like the dumbass Trade Federation characters.

That was ridiculous.

saphojunkie 10-30-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9066099)
I'll defer to the die-hards on this one.

It just does not seem like a $4 billion property to me.

What on earth makes you think that Lucasfilm is just six film prints of Star Wars?