ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Homeland on Showtime (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251198)

Bowser 10-01-2012 06:48 PM

That was a great first episode. Brody going through the ritual of burying the Qur'an, along with his daughter. I wonder how they'll take that twist going forward. And Carrie looked downright ecstatic after she knee'd that dude in the balls, lol.

Baby Lee 10-01-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8968265)
That was a great first episode. Brody going through the ritual of burying the Qur'an, along with his daughter. I wonder how they'll take that twist going forward. And Carrie looked downright ecstatic after she knee'd that dude in the balls, lol.

You do know that the title of this episode was 'The Smile?'

It was pitch perfect execution of a beat to establish that Carrie/Kate can't resist the thrill of the hunt.

Baby Lee 10-01-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8965800)
When the wife dropped the Holy Qur'an tonight, I thought Damian Lewis was a devout Muslim for real. He's such a good ****ing actor.

I wash there was enough time, viewers, and $$ for him to be one this and still on 'Life.'

OmahaChief 10-01-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8968452)
I wash there was enough time, viewers, and $$ for him to be one this and still on 'Life.'

My wife and I really enjoyed Life while it was on. Underrated show in my book.

Buck 10-01-2012 10:46 PM

Its a shame more people don't watch this show. It already has the feel of some of the best.

I get the sane feeling when I watch this as I do when I watch Mad Men.

Pants 10-01-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8969285)
Its a shame more people don't watch this show. It already has the feel of some of the best.

I get the sane feeling when I watch this as I do when I watch Mad Men.

I get the same feeling when I watch this as I did watching Rome and some parts of Deadwood. Feels like we are always standing on the edge of a precipice and something mindblowingly dramatic is about to happen. There's this aura of intensity about this show that even when nothing is happening on screen, you're still feeling a little jittery. It's all attributed to great writing, directing and acting of course.

Sorter 10-02-2012 03:05 PM

Just started this show. Wow.

BigRedChief 10-02-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8969372)
It's all attributed to great writing, directing and acting of course.

This!

It's not some ground breaking show. It's just so well done that you cant stop watching.

Pants 10-07-2012 08:55 PM

GODDAMN! What a strong episode this week! This show is seriously on par with the all time greats at this point (IMO, of course).

keg in kc 10-07-2012 09:31 PM

I got a few months of free showtime, finally started watching it yesterday on demand. Liked the pilot a lot.

jiveturkey 10-08-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8990299)
GODDAMN! What a strong episode this week! This show is seriously on par with the all time greats at this point (IMO, of course).

I totally agree. I look forward to it more than any other show.

WoodDraw 10-08-2012 08:41 AM

Holyyyy ****. Did not expect that ending.

In last weeks episode when Carrie is running through the bazaar and then knees the guy, Claire Danes nailed the creepy/psycho grin right afterwards. Great acting.

OmahaChief 10-08-2012 07:28 PM

Damn that Brody...what a show.

BigRedChief 10-08-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8990299)

No shit. Fantastic episode this week. Fantastic twist at the end. Another layer of plot to explore. The people who are not watching this show are missing out.

OmahaChief 10-09-2012 08:21 AM

They make thsi show so you feel like something major could happen at almost any second. I was literally on the edge of my seat during the Abu Nazir scene and then when Carrie ran into the house to get the stuff.

I let out a big yell at the end of the show and the wife came running down to make sure all was OK and I had to explain to her they just started a crucial plotline and then cut it off for next week!

BigRedChief 10-09-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 8995008)
They make thsi show so you feel like something major could happen at almost any second. I was literally on the edge of my seat during the Abu Nazir scene and then when Carrie ran into the house to get the stuff.

I let out a big yell at the end of the show and the wife came running down to make sure all was OK and I had to explain to her they just started a crucial plotline and then cut it off for next week!

Those scenes were as good as any quality action movie.

Sorter 10-09-2012 07:59 PM

While I love this show, I feel that this last episode might have hurt them in the long run in regards to misdirection with Saul as the mole, the # of people who know about Brody, etc.

IRL, Brody would be interrogated immediately after Saul found that chip. As in, within minutes.

BigRedChief 10-09-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8997130)
While I love this show, I feel that this last episode might have hurt them in the long run in regards to misdirection with Saul as the mole, the # of people who know about Brody, etc.

IRL, Brody would be interrogated immediately after Saul found that chip. As in, within minutes.

Unless Saul thinks it was plant by Carey to help her get back in the CIA.

Sorter 10-09-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8997146)
Unless Saul thinks it was plant by Carey to help her get back in the CIA.

I sincerely doubt it as well as assuming Carrie had the time/energy to accomplish that while essentially under house arrest.

One possible theory (that I'm not sure I care for but whatever) is that Saul is Mossad and that is why he failed the lie-detector and won't turn this information in.

Buck 10-09-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Didn't the episode end with the video?

Sorter 10-09-2012 08:13 PM

It did.

Buck 10-09-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8997183)
It did.

So how do you know what Saul does with the info? He did nothing to prove he was a mole, did he?

Sorter 10-09-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8997301)
So how do you know what Saul does with the info? He did nothing to prove he was a mole, did he?

No but his actions in the next episode will remove him entirely from being a mole.

BTW, Claire Danes and the writer already came out and said he isn't a mole.

Pants 10-09-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Didn't they show a CIA war room watching the Brody video in the preview for next week? I don't think the CIA would interrogate Brody within minutes IRL. That's not how the Agency works. They would just start watching the **** out of Brody to get to Abu Nazir and possibly other terrorist networks.

Sorter 10-09-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8997450)
Didn't they show a CIA war room watching the Brody video in the preview for next week? I don't think the CIA would interrogate Brody within minutes IRL. That's not how the Agency works. They would just start watching the **** out of Brody to get to Abu Nazir and possibly other terrorist networks.

If someone is Saul's position got that tape, they would probably drag Brody in.

beach tribe 10-10-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8994119)
No shit. Fantastic episode this week. Fantastic twist at the end. Another layer of plot to explore. The people who are not watching this show are missing out.

Gonna download it tonight. Lots of good shows right now. I've never been into this many shows in my life.
Homeland
The Walking Dead (coming)
And Dexter

Just fantastic Television shows.

Am I missing anything?

KevB 10-10-2012 02:16 PM

The question I have is : Is Brody too embedded in United States Politics at this point to allow it to get out that he's a traitor? The current VP, Walden, has already floated Brody's name as his choice as his running mate and next VP....guilt by association would kill Walden's chances to become the next President. He can't let that happen. Watching the politics play out despite this apparent smoking gun will be incredibly interesting to watch.

WoodDraw 10-10-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 8998999)
The question I have is : Is Brody too embedded in United States Politics at this point to allow it to get out that he's a traitor? The current VP, Walden, has already floated Brody's name as his choice as his running mate and next VP....guilt by association would kill Walden's chances to become the next President. He can't let that happen. Watching the politics play out despite this apparent smoking gun will be incredibly interesting to watch.

I think we're about to see the conspiracy get bigger.

KevB 10-10-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 8999108)
I think we're about to see the conspiracy get bigger.

Absolutely

BigRedChief 10-10-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 8998999)

They can just make him a suicide, have an accident, go postal, the number of options to make him go away and not let the stench get on them,

But, I think this show is going down the cover up/conspiracy route.

KevB 10-10-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9000085)
They can just make him a suicide, have an accident, go postal, the number of options to make him go away and not let the stench get on them,

But, I think this show is going down the cover up/conspiracy route.

Correct, no way they kill off a guy that just won best actor Emmy.

Pants 10-10-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8998518)
Gonna download it tonight. Lots of good shows right now. I've never been into this many shows in my life.
Homeland
The Walking Dead (coming)
And Dexter

Just fantastic Television shows.

Am I missing anything?

Homeland is like the NFL compared to the high school ball of the Walking Dead and Dexter (IMO).

I think you will really enjoy Homeland, man.

BigRedChief 10-16-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9000405)
Correct, no way they kill off a guy that just won best actor Emmy.

Holy shit that was a great episode. Best acting of the series. Brody's scene in the woods and Carries attempt at suicide was emmy winning worthy.

Sorter 10-16-2012 07:19 PM

Just when I shit on this show and am down on it, it has to go and http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1386807_o.gif

Seriously, this episode was awesome and I can't wait for the next. Totally eating crow for what I had said.

Interested in Estes role in this, as it is going to be him, Saul, and Carrie that know the truth.

WoodDraw 10-16-2012 09:03 PM

I really thought they'd drag the Carrrie forgetting thing out and then have an "aha" moment. And I was ready to trash the first episode. And then the ending!

And then I thought they had him lose the sd card...and I thought surely they won't cop out that way. And they didn't.

I had a lot of questions about this show, but this season has been excellent so far.

KC_Connection 10-16-2012 10:21 PM

Just watched all the episodes of this show in the last few weeks. Very good writing and acting. It was very interesting at the beginning of the series that you couldn't even really trust Carrie as a narrator and it made you doubt a lot that was going on. It's also rare to have two central characters in Carrie and Brody that are both so complex. They each believe they're doing the right thing based on their own perspectives of the world, but they're also both incredibly flawed and damaged (Carrie is bipolar and will stop at absolutely nothing to achieve her goals while Brody has become a sociopath during his time as a POW and is torn between his country and his terrorist captors). The 2nd season has also started off just as good as the last, perhaps better. It looks like they're going to explore their relationship for the rest of the season, and I hope they do, because the scenes when they were together in S1 were among the best.

OmahaChief 10-17-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9021767)
Carries attempt at suicide was emmy winning worthy.

The way this was handled bothered me. So she takes a ton of pills and nothing every happens and then she is back to normal. Shouldn't she have not had some sickness or stomach pumping...hell anything. Only thing I can think of is that the pills she is taking are not really pills they are placebo to trick her mind into being right, if that were the case it would not kill her.

duncan_idaho 10-17-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 9023745)
The way this was handled bothered me. So she takes a ton of pills and nothing every happens and then she is back to normal. Shouldn't she have not had some sickness or stomach pumping...hell anything. Only thing I can think of is that the pills she is taking are not really pills they are placebo to trick her mind into being right, if that were the case it would not kill her.

Did you miss the part where she gagged herself 5 minutes later and forcible vomited up everything else?

This show is awesome. Just started watching it about a month ago, and it's one of my favorites on TV now. Just a really tightly wound show. Superb all the way around.

As for the identity of the mole... I could see it being Galvez (And Brody was the one who passed him the razor blade).

keg in kc 10-17-2012 11:01 AM

I've watched the whole series in the last week. The acting is fantastic, the production is top notch, the only difficulty I have is that some of the plotting is just so far-fetched that it's hard to suspend disbelief. Which is saying something for me. But all-in-all it's a really good series so far.

OmahaChief 10-17-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9023811)
Did you miss the part where she gagged herself 5 minutes later and forcible vomited up everything else?

I must have totally missed that part. I figured their must have been something else that happened. This must have been the time my little one was screaming for me to come upstairs. Thanks for filling me in!

duncan_idaho 10-17-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 9024260)
I must have totally missed that part. I figured their must have been something else that happened. This must have been the time my little one was screaming for me to come upstairs. Thanks for filling me in!

It was pretty awful/shocking scene. Just part of the awesomness of her delivery of the whole suicide thing.

My wife, who was bulimic in high school, was convinced enough to believe Danes has been bulimic at some point in her life...

KC_Connection 10-17-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9023811)

This show is awesome. Just started watching it about a month ago, and it's one of my favorites on TV now. Just a really tightly wound show. Superb all the way around.

As for the identity of the mole... I could see it being Galvez (And Brody was the one who passed him the razor blade).

Yeah, been thinking that about Galvez for a while since that possibility came up. But that might be too obvious.

Pants 10-17-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9025970)
Yeah, been thinking that about Galvez for a while since that possibility came up. But that might be too obvious.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's too obvious. But maybe it's the ol' Serbian Jew double bluff, who knows.

Bowser 10-20-2012 10:15 PM

This show is so good. Just so freaking good. I just got caught up to recent with it.

I give my wife a ton of shit for getting so invested into whatever she's watching, that she ends up talking to the screen. I had my moment of doing that,
Spoiler!

Easily one of the top three shows going on any channel you want to think of.

Sorter 10-21-2012 08:53 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9w1kjp5X41rvnlbb.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5...x0sdo1_400.gif

Episode was amazing!!! Carrie is a boss!!!

Pants 10-21-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9037246)

Love the gifs lol. I think she kind of ****ed up, mane. Brody had no idea they had shit on him, coulda used him to get to Abu Nazir. :/

Baby Lee 10-22-2012 12:36 AM

Two theories I have to get off my chest before I forget.

1. It was mentioned the Brody and Wallace might have been in Country and already CIA. And the previews for next week mentioned 'so it was all about Issa.' Possible that Brody didn't so much get captured, bond with Issa then see him die, as he went DEEP DEEP cover, and ate 8 years of a bathtub of shit, to gather intel on Nazzer, only to have it misinterpreted by the US to kill kids instead of the original target all along.

2. Is it not remotely possible that Brody wasn't aware of the possibility that Nazzer would render Brody and the SuitMan pink mist the instant they showed up at that safe house. Having an inside man so high up in government was fortunate for Nazzer, but it was a dangerous accident to have someone too inside, and the original plan was for him to die taking out all those folks.

AussieChiefsFan 10-22-2012 12:50 AM

Great episode! Next one can't come soon enough!

Pants 10-22-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9037653)
Two theories I have to get off my chest before I forget.

1. It was mentioned the Brody and Wallace might have been in Country and already CIA. And the previews for next week mentioned 'so it was all about Issa.' Possible that Brody didn't so much get captured, bond with Issa then see him die, as he went DEEP DEEP cover, and ate 8 years of a bathtub of shit, to gather intel on Nazzer, only to have it misinterpreted by the US to kill kids instead of the original target all along.

2. Is it not remotely possible that Brody wasn't aware of the possibility that Nazzer would render Brody and the SuitMan pink mist the instant they showed up at that safe house. Having an inside man so high up in government was fortunate for Nazzer, but it was a dangerous accident to have someone too inside, and the original plan was for him to die taking out all those folks.

I have to disagree on both of those, man.

1. It was mentioned that Brody might have been working for the CIA by Mike and Lauder and they were just playing a guessing game. I don't think it was based on any kind of reality at all. How would Brody even transmit any kind of intel to the US while being in Nazir's captivity? I think the story that was presented made perfect sense as it was and there really is no reason to come up with these super far-fetched theories. But who knows?

2. I don't think Nazir wanted to kill Brody because that would be just extremely foolish. I mean the man had just saved his life by being "too inside." He had also gotten target codes for Nazir straight from Estes' safe. Why would Nazir get rid of something so valuable? If anything, I think the writers went too deep into the far-fetched territory by having Brody deal with the tailor. That sort of a task would fall to someone else, but their excuse was that the tailor would only trust Brody. Meh. They will also need to explain at some point how the codes to Estes' safe were obtained. I'm assuming it's the same leak that's been alluded to throughout the show, but WTF kind of a leak would have someone's personal safe codes? Meh.

WoodDraw 10-22-2012 01:40 PM

Not a surprise, but Homeland official got picked up today for a third season.

This season has moved much quicker than I thought...

jiveturkey 10-22-2012 01:46 PM

The fact that they took Brodie in already leads me to believe that they're going to flip him and use him.

BigRedChief 10-23-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9037664)
Great episode! Next one can't come soon enough!

Best ****ing show on TV. Nothing is better. Period.

What a great episode. No way anyone saw her blowing her cover this early in the story arc.

BigRedChief 10-23-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9037246)

That smile she gave after she met him at the CIA, same one she gave when she ditched her tail in Lebanon, helps make her charector realistic. She is in it for the thrill. She loves the game.

Bowser 10-25-2012 04:03 PM

Well, that escalated quickly.....

Sorter 10-29-2012 12:28 PM

Another fantastic episode. The new guy working with Carrie is awesome.

BigRedChief 10-29-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9062696)
Another fantastic episode. The new guy working with Carrie is awesome.

yep, still have a lot of places to take this plot line. We will still be kept guessing where it goes.

keg in kc 10-29-2012 09:54 PM

I never in a million years thought they would have him outed completely early in season 2 and then use him against the terrorists. Really like that they went that direction instead of trying to maintain the same story forever.

WoodDraw 10-29-2012 10:01 PM

Like it all, minus the hit and run. That was stupid - hope they save that somehow.

KC_Connection 11-01-2012 03:25 AM

Not that the first interrogation scene wasn't good (including the new guy Quinn going Jack Bauer on Brody out of absolutely nowhere), but the interrogation scene between Carrie and Brody was great TV. A ton of emotion in it...the chemistry between those two is unparalleled.

Hoover 11-01-2012 05:55 AM

You know, I've done a lot of stuff while being on the phone with someone. Driving, eating, shaving, taking a piss, all sorts of things. But I never thought that someone could kill a dude while having the wife on the other line.

Buck 11-04-2012 11:45 PM

Crazy stuff. lemon butter

Dallas Chief 11-05-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9085217)
Crazy stuff. lemon butter

Off the hook.

Sorter 11-05-2012 11:55 AM

Quinn :(

Bowser 11-05-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9086251)
Quinn :(

There's hope.....

Sfeihc 11-05-2012 12:03 PM

There is a mole. Who do you think it is? Me thinks it's Estes.

Bowser 11-05-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 9086282)

Shit, it could be ANY of them. Even Carrie (maybe).

Sorter 11-05-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9086320)
Shit, it could be ANY of them. Even Carrie (maybe).

Oh, hell no! She hates the turban-wearing guys.

Sorter 11-05-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Well, I think we can remove Galvez from the list...:eek:

Sorter 11-05-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9086257)
There's hope.....

I mean, I hope he beats the **** out of Roya.

Pants 11-05-2012 06:20 PM

I can't believe the nerve on those terrorist ****s!

Sorter 11-05-2012 07:00 PM

They are jerks. Just jerks.

WoodDraw 11-05-2012 07:10 PM

They're bringing the VP and Brody and their families pretty close. You have to think that'll play a part all season, and pay off eventually.

Sorter 11-05-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 9088062)
They're bringing the VP and Brody and their families pretty close. You have to think that'll play a part all season, and pay off eventually.

Blood orgy is my guess.

Buck 11-05-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Who is the new interrogator guy that got non-fatally shot. It's probably him, he knew he was gonna have to take a bullet, but he knew it would be non-lethal. Makes the most sense to me....They needed a mole this season, hey....new guy!

Sorter 11-05-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9088170)
Who is the new interrogator guy that got non-fatally shot. It's probably him, he knew he was gonna have to take a bullet, but he knew it would be non-lethal. Makes the most sense to me....They needed a mole this season, hey....new guy!

Quinn? I don't think so.

Buck 11-05-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9088176)
Quinn? I don't think so.

Wait, did they bring on a new cop named Quinn like they did in Dexter? LOL.

Also please no Dexter spoilers, I'm not caught up.

Sorter 11-05-2012 07:48 PM

Lol, yeah, his name is Quinn. He's not a pussy douche like Dexter's Quinn who needs to eat a sammich though.

Pants 11-05-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9088215)
Lol, yeah, his name is Quinn. He's not a pussy douche like Dexter's Quinn who needs to eat a sammich though.

Dude's snorting buckets of blow. He'd need a lot of sammiches, man.

Sorter 11-05-2012 10:45 PM

ROFLROFL
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9089076)
Dude's snorting buckets of blow. He'd need a lot of sammiches, man.

But really...too many 8-balls.

keg in kc 11-12-2012 02:41 AM

Two thoughts:

CIA booty-call.
Daughter Brody the last few weeks makes for fast-forward television.