ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football 49ers cornerback: No gays allowed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269499)

kysirsoze 01-30-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9365697)
You posted my own thoughts, so I'll just quote your post and nod my head in agreement. Hate the views, but respect the honesty.

I don't "respect the honesty" at all. Sure, I don't think he should be persecuted, and I'm not particularly shocked by his statements, but he's still a bigot. Being a loudmouthed bigot doesn't garner any extra respect.

TheGuardian 01-30-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 9365756)
I don't "respect the honesty" at all. Sure, I don't think he should be persecuted, and I'm not particularly shocked by his statements, but he's still a bigot. Being a loudmouthed bigot doesn't garner any extra respect.

And everyone who calls people a bigot for saying that kind of thing is a hypocrite because they too in turn, disagree vehemently with the ideology in which someone lives their life.

I personally hate the whole "tolerance" bullshit when this topic comes up. And I don't give a crap about gay people. What you do in the privacy of your bedroom, so long as it's between consenting adults, is your business and you're welcome to it. But if someone doesn't like gays it doesn't make them a bigot anymore than a guy who doesn't like tall chics or chics with flat asses.

Not everyone has to be tolerant of everything, and it should also be just fine for someone to disagree with someone else's lifestyle choice and say they don't like it, and people be ok with them saying that. THAT is real tolerance.

lewdog 01-30-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9365506)
"I do not associate with those who speak ebonics," said Colquitt, whose Chiefs have the first pick in the draft this year. " I do not approve. We do not have a single uneducated fellow in this organization who abuses the English language. They must pack up their belongings and leave hastily if that is the case."

/white people.

Dont beez talkin bout me like dat. Ain't got no gayz up N dis buizness!

MahiMike 01-30-2013 06:27 PM

Good for him. Someone needs to stand up to the queers.

Think about it - gay dudes get to shower with other dudes they think are hot. Why can't us straight guys shower in the women's locker room?

It just ain't fair!

kysirsoze 01-30-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9365772)
And everyone who calls people a bigot for saying that kind of thing is a hypocrite because they too in turn, disagree vehemently with the ideology in which someone lives their life.

I personally hate the whole "tolerance" bullshit when this topic comes up. And I don't give a crap about gay people. What you do in the privacy of your bedroom, so long as it's between consenting adults, is your business and you're welcome to it. But if someone doesn't like gays it doesn't make them a bigot anymore than a guy who doesn't like tall chics or chics with flat asses.

Not everyone has to be tolerant of everything, and it should also be just fine for someone to disagree with someone else's lifestyle choice and say they don't like it, and people be ok with them saying that. THAT is real tolerance.

People who want someone removed from their place of employment for being gay are bigots. It has nothing to do with "disagreeing vehemently with the ideology in which someone lives their life." That is an absurd definition. Here's an actual one:

Quote:

Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot, defined by Merriam-Webster as "a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially: one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance"

TheGuardian 01-30-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 9365787)
People who want someone removed from their place of employment for being gay are bigots. It has nothing to do with "disagreeing vehemently with the ideology in which someone lives their life." That is an absurd definition. Here's an actual one:

So is one that treats religious people with intolerance, as we often see on this board (I am not religious), also a bigot?

TheGuardian 01-30-2013 06:33 PM

Let me state again, I don't give a shit about gay people or their life. I also find the idiots that come to their rescue to be the biggest pains in the asses.

You're offended! WOW! Be offended then. JFC the nation of intellectual pussies we have running around now, always being offended by something....

kysirsoze 01-30-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9365793)
So is one that treats religious people with intolerance, as we often see on this board (I am not religious), also a bigot?

Yes

htismaqe 01-30-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9365793)

Abso-****ing-lutely.

kysirsoze 01-30-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9365798)
Let me state again, I don't give a shit about gay people or their life. I also find the idiots that come to their rescue to be the biggest pains in the asses.

You're offended! WOW! Be offended then. JFC the nation of intellectual pussies we have running around now, always being offended by something....

I'm not onboard for a national beatdown of the guy. I imagine his sentiments are fairly common on a typical NFL roster. That doesn't mean I applaud his honesty. His words didn't upset me, but they did show he's not only a bigot, but one with very little common sense.

TheGuardian 01-30-2013 06:38 PM

I guess I don't see people as bigots for disliking something.

I don't like a lot of things, but that doesn't make me a bigot. It's called a preference or opinion.

If a guy doesn't want gays on his team, it means his preference is not to have gays on his team. Eventually, society straightens this shit out, but in the meantime people get their thong in a knot too severely about I think.

People hate on religious people FAR MORE than gays, and aren't lambasted for it nearly as much.

Easy 6 01-30-2013 06:42 PM

I hate to see a college graduate say "we dont got no", the dumb****.

Brock 01-30-2013 06:44 PM

Some guys didn't like having Jim Brown on their team too. BFD.

Brock 01-30-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9365819)
I hate to see a college graduate say "we dont got no", the dumb****.

He's got a degree in communicatin' or some shit like that.

kysirsoze 01-30-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9365811)
I guess I don't see people as bigots for disliking something.

I don't like a lot of things, but that doesn't make me a bigot. It's called a preference or opinion.

If a guy doesn't want gays on his team, it means his preference is not to have gays on his team. Eventually, society straightens this shit out, but in the meantime people get their thong in a knot too severely about I think.

People hate on religious people FAR MORE than gays, and aren't lambasted for it nearly as much.

Being gay is a part of who someone is. If he privately believes it is wrong, that's one thing. If he helps to create an uncomfortable work environment for any gay members of the 49ers by shooting off at the mouth, that's behavior, not just an opinion. The entire culture of professional sports wherein men have to lie about who they are just to get by until years after their retirement is pretty ****ed up and just taking comments like this in stride is one way that culture keeps going. Also:

Quote:

Eventually, society straightens this shit out
THIS IS HOW SOCIETY STRAIGHTENS THIS SHIT OUT. I'm not for demonizing the guy, but if his comments reopen the discussion, then maybe he'll end up doing more good than harm after all.