ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Netflix: House of Cards (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269533)

heapshake 02-23-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10448283)
6 is a lowball, but stacking it against say, True Detective, now as they are "concurrent" doesn't have the same level of satisfaction. Either way, it's good, and no way a waste of time watching it.

It's entertaining, but I don't think it will be remembered 10 years from now. If Breaking Bad is a 10, then I'd put The Wire and The Sopranos at a 9s, Justified and The Shield at 8s and Lost and the Walking Dead at 7s. The only multi-dimensional character on the show was Russo (and maybe Zoe). Spacey and Wright do good job playing villains, but there isn't any humanity in either of them. Maybe I'm judging it too much on the 2cnd season. The first season was certainly better. I'm surprised at the lack of bigger name supporting actors in the 2cnd season. I figured that with all the buzz the 1st season got people would be lining up to do the show.

Anyong Bluth 02-23-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heapshake (Post 10448637)
It's entertaining, but I don't think it will be remembered 10 years from now. If Breaking Bad is a 10, then I'd put The Wire and The Sopranos at a 9s, Justified and The Shield at 8s and Lost and the Walking Dead at 7s. The only multi-dimensional character on the show was Russo (and maybe Zoe). Spacey and Wright do good job playing villains, but there isn't any humanity in either of them. Maybe I'm judging it too much on the 2cnd season. The first season was certainly better. I'm surprised at the lack of bigger name supporting actors in the 2cnd season. I figured that with all the buzz the 1st season got people would be lining up to do the show.

They did snuff like my 2 favorite characters.

Anyong Bluth 02-23-2014 01:42 PM

(duplicate copy - save 4 your records)

Anyong Bluth 02-23-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 10448605)
I may have missed it from earlier but what was the significance of the final shot?

Frank just found out that Heroes is returning in 2015- in miniseries form to test the waters for the possibility of a full new season. He knows Claire will be super excited by this news.

As a former cheerleader also from Texas AND named Claire, she can't help but identify a bit as she too struggles to save the world on a day-in day-out basis.

007 02-23-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 10448605)
I may have missed it from earlier but what was the significance of the final shot?

Think Kennedy

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/C...8-f41e15e8064c

bowener 02-23-2014 03:20 PM

Quote:

:eek:

Really? A lot there going on, but you really think the Walking Dead belongs anywhere above average at best? Surprising.

BigMeatballDave 02-23-2014 05:23 PM

Great show.

Sucks having to wait a year for season 3.

petegz28 02-23-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10448972)
Great show.

Sucks having to wait a year for season 3.

Yep. Just finished season #2. Some good cliff hangers.

KcMizzou 02-23-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Walking Dead is a 4 at best. And I had high hopes for it.

bowener 02-23-2014 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10449490)
Walking Dead is a 4 at best. And I had high hopes for it.

100% agreement. I will never understand how/why they deviated so much from the source. The story was nowhere near as convoluted and boring. It gets right to the heart of that shit world and wallows in the shitty nasty gritty hell that living there would be. Instead we get a boorish look and over-hype of the source.

For a while I couldn't understand why HBO would pass on a money making series about zombies, but I have realized if they took the current form of the show how it is written and directed to HBO, comparing it to what they typically put out, it is pretty easy to see why they were willing to pass on it.

beach tribe 02-24-2014 12:10 AM

I haven't seen this, but you guys' positive reviews make me excited about the Marvel projects that have been green lit for Netflix.

T-post Tom 02-25-2014 02:39 AM

Just about to finish season 1. Extremely impressed.

TLO 02-27-2014 02:59 PM

Just finished up episode 5. I'm hooked.

TLO 03-10-2014 10:27 AM

Can't wait for season 3. Sucks it'll be like a year from now. :(

whoman69 03-10-2014 05:44 PM

They took 1973, this time the crook is replacing the good guy. Walker does have some of that Ford naivete.