ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Which fate would you rather choose? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101040)

RealSNR 10-11-2004 10:22 PM

Which fate would you rather choose?

You must decide between two fates. In both cases you are a passionate artist whose life is his work. Therefore, the trick to understanding the character is to symbolize your passion as the artist's work or art.

In the fate, you finish making your masterpiece. A mysterious man gives you $5000 and burns the art in front of your face.

In the other fate, you finish making your masterpiece. As you go find someone to sell it to, a mysterious man steals your work of art. The man shows it to art critics. It appreciates. The masterpiece is sold for millions. People are amazed at the sheer genius of the creator. Sadly, no one knows it is you.

Which fate would you choose?

Hammock Parties 10-11-2004 10:23 PM

The first one. In both situations you are left without your artwork. Better to be up five grand.

Ultra Peanut 10-11-2004 10:26 PM

GIVA ME DA MOHNEY!!!!!

Frazod 10-11-2004 10:30 PM

Money. Anything that would be construed as good modern art should be burned anyway.

Raiderhater 10-11-2004 10:32 PM

There is no choice here, you go with the first option.

In the second one you have insult added to injury by way of your work not only being stolen and sold for millions (which you don't get a dime of) AND, no one knows that you are responsible for this much admired and adored masterpiece. Not being an artist I cannot say for sure, but the lack of recognition might actually be more horrible than not getting paid for it....

Jenson71 10-11-2004 10:32 PM

The 2nd, of course.

Raiderhater 10-11-2004 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Money. Anything that would be construed as good modern art should be burned anyway.

The man has a stellar point.

Jenson71 10-11-2004 10:34 PM

You people just aren't thinking. It's your masterpiece.

Rausch 10-11-2004 10:34 PM

I'd take the money. The hardest part of being an artist is having enough money to keep the electricity on...

PastorMikH 10-11-2004 10:34 PM

First off, how many artist are there that don't sign their work? And how many artists nowdays don't take a couple of snap-shots of their work?

The second option couldn't be an issue because I would have signed it in the lower-righthand corner in the same styling as my other paintings - and I would have a pic of me standing next to it.

I'll take the money though and use it to buy canvas, paints, and brushes then start over.

Hammock Parties 10-11-2004 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderhader
The man has a stellar point.

I like how if you read this thread without user names, avatars, sigs, titles or post counts, you could easily pick our frazod's post. ROFL

Frazod 10-11-2004 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71
You people just aren't thinking. It's your masterpiece.

Take the money and paint another one.

Jenson71 10-11-2004 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
I'd take the money. The hardest part of being an artist is having enough money to keep the electricity on...

Why would you even be an artist if your paintings weren't that important to you? You wouldn't.

stevieray 10-11-2004 10:47 PM

Second Option.

Earthling 10-11-2004 10:49 PM

Have to go with the 2nd option...Knowing that you could/did create a masterpiece would be the biggest reward...Anyone can get money, not just anyone can create a work of art....