ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Fantasy Football Let the Fantasy Football Questions Begin (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=247033)

Steron 07-12-2011 07:12 AM

Let the Fantasy Football Questions Begin

I wasn't quite sure where to put this since Fantasy Football really doesn't fit into any of the categories (mods we need a Fantasy Sports category). Since the lockout looks like it will end on the 21rst it's time to start ramping up for FFL. Below is my roster and I can keep up to three players. They cannot be the same position. I have bolded the players I am sure of.

Foster seems a forgone conclusion but I am torn between Hillis and him. WR is much more a toss-up between Austin and Bowe. What say you all?

QB Aaron Rodgers
QB Ryan Fitzpatrick

RB Arian Foster
RB Peyton Hillis
RB Ryan Mathews
RB Steve Slaton

WR Miles Austin
WR Dwayne Bowe
WR Santonio Homes
WR Mike Williams (TB)

TE Brandon Pettigrew
TE Visanthe Shiancoe

Hays 07-12-2011 07:52 AM

I can keep a player and Foster is who I am going to keep.

3 for you
Foster
Rodgers
and maybe hillis

The Franchise 07-12-2011 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hays (Post 7743239)
I can keep a player and Foster is who I am going to keep.

3 for you
Foster
Rodgers
and maybe hillis

Reading comprehension fail.

Sofa King 07-12-2011 08:06 AM

Rodgers
Foster
Bowe

Rodgers and Foster are easy

I picked Bowe because i think his stats will actually be better than Austins, i hate the cowboys, i love the chiefs and i enjoy having people on my FF team that i can cheer for on the football field as well.

DMAC 07-12-2011 08:11 AM

Yep, Rodgers, Foster, Bowe.

Although I could see Foster having a down year.

Gonzo 07-12-2011 08:16 AM

Hey! The 1st FF thread of the year...

Yaaaaaay. I look forward to the other 320 "rate my team" threads we'll get this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

booyaf2 07-12-2011 08:19 AM

Especially the 75% of Rate my team when its obvious that they are in a 4 team league and have every obvious stud at every position. Yeah, your team is nothing short of remarkable, you should be GM of a franchise.

Gonzo 07-12-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booyaf2 (Post 7743275)
Especially the 75% of Rate my team when its obvious that they are in a 4 team league and have every obvious stud at every position. Yeah, your team is nothing short of remarkable, you should be GM of a franchise.

LMAO

We really need to make Draft Planet a combo FFL/Draft Planet forum to quell all the threads.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 07-12-2011 08:44 AM

Quote:

Exactly. Unless you include every team in the league's roster and the point values it is impossible to "rate your teams:whackit:" folks. It's all relative to the league itself.

Direckshun 07-12-2011 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steron (Post 7743201)
QB Aaron Rodgers
QB Ryan Fitzpatrick

RB Arian Foster
RB Peyton Hillis
RB Ryan Mathews
RB Steve Slaton

WR Miles Austin
WR Dwayne Bowe
WR Santonio Homes
WR Mike Williams (TB)

TE Brandon Pettigrew
TE Visanthe Shiancoe

You keep Foster, not Hillis. The Browns will have a below-average passing game this year, and defenses will load up on Hillis. Foster, on the other hand, plays in a wide-open system.

As far as your receivers go, I'd go with Miles Austin over any of those guys. Bowe is too inconsistent fantasy-wise, and who knows what the hell situation Holmes is going to end up in. I like Mike Williams a lot but the Bucs are set to regress a bit this year.

Austin flamed out when Kitna took over, but Tony Romo makes a read on him every single play. Austin is worth his weight in fantasy gold when Romo stays on the field.

CaliforniaChief 07-12-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 7743282)
LMAO

We really need to make Draft Planet a combo FFL/Draft Planet forum to quell all the threads.
Posted via Mobile Device

It never matters. There's always someone who's so hungry for feedback/attention that they'll post in the main forum anyways.

"I know there's a forum for this, but I REALLY need your help. Who should I keep? Drew Brees or Brodie Croyle? My buddies are all from Alabama and they're dying to get Brodie from me what do you all think? TIA"

Rausch 07-12-2011 09:38 AM

Keep guys that won't be sitting the bench or looking forward to the playoffs the last 4 weeks.

I don't know how many times I've been 1st/2nd in a league and lost in round 1 or 2 of the playoffs because 1/3 my team doesn't need to win and had their PT cut...

Rooster 07-12-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

LMAOLMAO

One of my favorites are the ones that brag about winning their league every season. Although they fail to mention they are in a dozen leagues and the odds are pretty good they will win one.

The Franchise 07-12-2011 09:40 AM

This is easy.

Rodgers
Foster
Bowe

Direckshun 07-12-2011 09:41 AM

Somebody justify why I should pick the leading receiver from a team that's going to finish in the teens in passing rather than the leading receiver from a team that's going to finish in the top ten in passing.