ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News My New BBQ Rankings (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=213605)

KyleProBoller 09-09-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 6048259)
The Dinosaur place has really good reviews on yelp, but even a lot of the 5-starred reviews say 'best BBQ we've had in upstate NY' or 'best in NY'.

I'm sure it's good, but coming to a KC board trying to convince people that a BBQ joint in NY is the best in the world is like trying to convince the Pope the atheists have it right.

I assure you...it's worth the trip. There's actually one in downtown NYC too. Best stuff I've ever had. Definitely better than anything that has come out of KC.

Great Expectations 09-09-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 6048224)
We dined at KC Masterpiece on my last trip to KC and it wasn't bad at all. While I can't compare it to Jack Stacks (never eaten there yet) you would think the food they served at KC Masterpiece was horrible from the reviews it receives on the board.

I thought it was pretty good. Do the bad reviews have anything to do with it being high profile and corporate?

Being corporate doesn't help, I think it is less high profile than Gates or Bryants.

Going to KC masterpiece for BBQ is like going to Applebees for a steak. It won't be horrible, but it won't be fantastic either. It is mass produced chain food.

Inspector 09-09-2009 09:15 AM

Jackstack
Gates
LC's

Not a big fan of Zarda's and not wild about Bryants.

ANd even though I'm a native of KC, I have not been to OK Joes or KC Masterpiece. (We tried the KC Masteroiece sauce once and was NOT impressed).

Oh and to KyleProBoller: Yes indeed, your and idiot. And you also display your ignorance of our community when you dispute the correct CP way to say that! Now go eat some raw oyster boogers with ketchup. That can be your "real" BBQ.

KyleProBoller 09-09-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector (Post 6048279)
Jackstack
Gates
LC's

Not a big fan of Zarda's and not wild about Bryants.

ANd even though I'm a native of KC, I have not been to OK Joes or KC Masterpiece. (We tried the KC Masteroiece sauce once and was NOT impressed).

Oh and to KyleProBoller: Yes indeed, your and idiot. And you also display your ignorance of our community when you dispute the correct CP way to say that! Now go eat some raw oyster boogers with ketchup. That can be your "real" BBQ.

Hey if you fellas would prefer to speak in the hick English taught in the KC school system...fine by me. Just trying to class up the joint. Kinda like hanging curtains in an outhouse.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwazzie (Post 6047878)
Well, had another trip to KC over Labor Day and ate at another BBQ place, this time Zarda BBQ. It was very good (we had the 2 person platter) and would eat there again in a heartbeat. Here are my rankings from a guy who is from out of town. We will be back on the 16th and will eat at OK Joe's.

Later Dudes

1. Jack Stack
2. Zarda
3. KC Masterpiece (which is closed down now on Metcalf)
4. Gates

:doh!::spock: You are dead to me.

:D

CosmicPal 09-09-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleProBoller (Post 6048236)
So your only defense here is a baseless statement that you claim to be true. Awesome logic.

I'm pretty confident it's true. Unless you can honestly describe the BBQ place/s you went to, their locations, their decor, and such without the blatant use of the Internet as your guide- I very much doubt you've ever had your senses tickled by a smoky whiff of KC's authentic BBQ.

gblowfish 09-09-2009 09:19 AM

Here's a little message for Kyle, NSFW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUTWz7nu_wk

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleProBoller (Post 6048284)
Hey if you fellas would prefer to speak in the hick English taught in the KC school system...fine by me. Just trying to class up the joint. Kinda like hanging curtains in an outhouse.

Oh God; is this yet another limp donkey sausage stinking up the joint? We already have our Official Whipping Boy for the season; try again next year.

KyleProBoller 09-09-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 6048289)
I'm pretty confident it's true. Unless you can honestly describe the BBQ place/s you went to, their locations, their decor, and such without the blatant use of the Internet as your guide- I very much doubt you've ever had your senses tickled by a smoky whiff of KC's authentic BBQ.

Why should I bother. Even if I post the correct information you'll claim I used the internet as a guide. Not worth the effort. KC BBQ is fine, but it's not the best. Case closed.

MOhillbilly 09-09-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 6048289)

man when i was in DC for the Skins game a few years back i was suprised at the lack of smoke coming out of the parking lot. Most times at Arrowhead you can smell the smoke long before you can see the stadium.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleProBoller (Post 6048310)
Why should I bother. Even if I post the correct information you'll claim I used the internet as a guide. Not worth the effort. KC BBQ is fine, but it's not the best. Case closed.

Enjoy the taste of my awesome new rep-stick, ****stick.

Inspector 09-09-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleProBoller (Post 6048284)

AS opposed to what they have in your part of the world???

ROFLROFL

You don't have the intellect to absorb it anyway.

Simply Red 09-09-2009 09:22 AM

In my opinion Funhouse pizza in Kansas City is better than any place I've had in Chicago and New York. GO KC PIZZA!!!!!

sedated 09-09-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

We dined at KC Masterpiece on my last trip to KC and it wasn't bad at all. While I can't compare it to Jack Stacks (never eaten there yet) you would think the food they served at KC Masterpiece was horrible from the reviews it receives on the board.

I thought it was pretty good. Do the bad reviews have anything to do with it being high profile and corporate?

I think the stigma against KC masterpiece has to do with the sauce. It is too thick and sweet. I almost wouldn’t consider it BBQ sauce, more like some weird tangent of maple syrup.

I doubt the meat is cooked badly or horrible quality, but the times I have been there its tough to tell because the sauce was so overwhelming.

I can only remember one place I’ve been to where the meat was cooked so badly it was practically inedible (Buffalo Bob’s Smokehouse in Lawrence – dry, stringy garbage).

Plus, like Jack Stack, it suffers in the reviews because of the atmosphere. Self-proclaimed BBQ connoisseurs seem to think the place has to be a hole-in-the-wall to have good que.

Bearcat 09-09-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

When I read reviews, I get the feeling if you put KC Masterpiece next to a gas station and Oklahoma Joe's on the Plaza, some people would change their opinions of both. I'd put a few places ahead of KC Masterpiece, pretty close to gblowfish's list, but I like KC Masterpiece, too.