ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News My New BBQ Rankings (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=213605)

jwazzie 09-09-2009 07:18 AM

My New BBQ Rankings

Well, had another trip to KC over Labor Day and ate at another BBQ place, this time Zarda BBQ. It was very good (we had the 2 person platter) and would eat there again in a heartbeat. Here are my rankings from a guy who is from out of town. We will be back on the 16th and will eat at OK Joe's.

Later Dudes

1. Jack Stack
2. Zarda
3. KC Masterpiece (which is closed down now on Metcalf)
4. Gates

Mr. Arrowhead 09-09-2009 07:19 AM

Zarda's sucks ass

KC kid 09-09-2009 07:25 AM

Any list that has Zardas #1 and Okie Joes not on the list is seriously a bad list.

ChiefJustice 09-09-2009 07:29 AM

KC Masterpiece?

Really?

http://www.beaucoupkevin.com/images/west_dkr_4.jpg

Bwana 09-09-2009 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwazzie (Post 6047878)
1. Jack Stack

This

Sure-Oz 09-09-2009 07:52 AM

Quote:

We will be back on the 16th and will eat at OK Joe's.

Later Dudes

1. Jack Stack
2. Zarda
4. Gates

Your rankings will change :)

sedated 09-09-2009 07:54 AM

my list looks similar, but would have to put OK Joe's up there, probably #2 over Zarda, even though I'm a big Zarda fan.

jack stack is probably my favorite too. it doesn't have the dirty atmosphere of other joints, but they've got some pretty tasty que.

KC masterpiece has no spot on my list though. It would rank slightly above the mcdonalds mcrib.

Kylo Ren 09-09-2009 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 6047880)
Zarda's sucks ass

Agreed. But, I still eat it!! And, even though it sucks ass in KC, it's head and shoulders better than BBQ that you'll find on the east coast.

Kylo Ren 09-09-2009 08:08 AM

Arthur Bryants
Jacks Stack
Haywards
Gates
KC Masterpiece
LC's
Zarda

I've not been to Ok Joes yet.

Kylo Ren 09-09-2009 08:11 AM

How about this list.........

http://www.10best.com/Kansas_City,MO...ants/Barbecue/

gblowfish 09-09-2009 08:14 AM

http://www.georgeblowfish.com/BBQ.html

Dave Lane 09-09-2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Well, had another trip to KC over Labor Day and ate at another BBQ place, this time Zarda BBQ. It was very good (we had the 2 person platter) and would eat there again in a heartbeat. Here are my rankings from a guy who is from out of town. We will be back on the 16th and will eat at OK Joe's.

Later Dudes

Grades for your choices...

B- Jack Stack
Z- Zarda
C KC Masterpiece (which is closed down now on Metcalf)
B+ A for ribs Gates

Try LC's for beans and sandwiches OK Joes is a very good choice, Bryants is very good, Haywards can be really good or just OK hard to tell...

Simply Red 09-09-2009 08:47 AM

To say Zardas sucks, is just downright stupid.

Simply Red 09-09-2009 08:47 AM

Sonny's in ****ing Atlanta 'SUCKS'

KyleProBoller 09-09-2009 08:49 AM

KC BBQ is way overrated. Carolina BBQ is the best. Wise up fellas.

CosmicPal 09-09-2009 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleProBoller (Post 6048110)

Yeah, smothering your meat with cole slaw is BBQ. :rolleyes:

petegz28 09-09-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Later Dudes

1. Jack Stack
2. Zarda
4. Gates

You should be slapped for putting Masterpiece and Zarda ahead of Gates.

No, make that slapped twice!:#

Infidel Goat 09-09-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Living in Carolina for the last five years now, all I can say is "Your and idiot!"

I notice that is his first post on the board and he's probably just trying to stir things up. Let's see if I can turn something green into red...

petegz28 09-09-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 6048098)
To say Zardas sucks, is just downright stupid.

Zarda=nasty

petegz28 09-09-2009 08:52 AM

1. Jackstack\Gates

you need nothing else

gblowfish 09-09-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

nOOb Troll alert....

KyleProBoller 09-09-2009 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infidel Goat (Post 6048124)
Living in Carolina for the last five years now, all I can say is "Your and idiot!"

I believe the word you're searching for is "you're" not "your". Try to keep that in mind when calling someone an idiot.

Also...Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse, NY is the best BBQ anywhere in the world. End of thread.

Infidel Goat 09-09-2009 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleProBoller (Post 6048136)
I believe the word you're searching for is "you're" not "your". Try to keep that in mind when calling someone an idiot.

Also...Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse, NY is the best BBQ anywhere in the world. End of thread.

ROFL

No. No. It is "Your and idiot!"

It's a shame that I can't give more neg rep...

CosmicPal 09-09-2009 08:56 AM

Quote:

End of thread.

Oh, trust me, this is NOT the end of the thread. You just started something you'll never be able to win.

KyleProBoller 09-09-2009 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infidel Goat (Post 6048144)
ROFL

It's a shame that I can't give more neg rep...

It appears pointing out the irony in your "idiocy" thread was too much for you.

Skip Towne 09-09-2009 08:57 AM

Quote:

Your and idiot

gblowfish 09-09-2009 08:58 AM

REP WAR!!!!!

KyleProBoller 09-09-2009 09:00 AM

Seriously...has no one here had Dinosaur BBQ??? How can such "BBQ afficionados" not have had the best BBQ in the world?

Bearcat 09-09-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

OMG, someone from Baltimore is calling out KC BBQ, what are we going to do?!?!?!

Flock to Syracuse, NY, that's what!

Silly troll. LMAO

Simply Red 09-09-2009 09:02 AM

There goes the neighborhood

MOhillbilly 09-09-2009 09:03 AM

Quote:

it is the best.:clap:

CosmicPal 09-09-2009 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleProBoller (Post 6048173)
Seriously...has no one here had Dinosaur BBQ??? How can such "BBQ afficionados" not have had the best BBQ in the world?

Dude...have you EVER been to KC and devoured KC BBQ? I very much doubt it. Therefore, you have absolutely no right to be critical of something you've never tried.

sedated 09-09-2009 09:04 AM

BBQ threads always look the same.

- “I like X for BBQ”
- “You are a fukn moran, Y is the best”
- “I agree, X is the best”
- “You are all dumb fuks, Z is the best”
- “Your and idiot, Y is the best”
- “You are wrong, fuqtard, Z is the best”
- “Fuk u, butt-raping peder-ass”
- “I’m gonna shove a bottle of BBQ sauce down yur pecker-hole”

gblowfish 09-09-2009 09:05 AM

Kyle puts some Kraft KC Style sauce on a big plate of Baltimore Scrapple, then he has Maryland BBQ!

KyleProBoller 09-09-2009 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 6048198)
Dude...have you EVER been to KC and devoured KC BBQ? I very much doubt it. Therefore, you have absolutely no right to be critical of something you've never tried.

I tried it...it was fine. Nothing mind blowing. Definitely not up to Dinosaur's standards.

KyleProBoller 09-09-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 6048206)
Kyle puts some Kraft KC Style sauce on a big plate of Baltimore Scrapple, then he has Maryland BBQ!

Anything I need to know about MO or KC I can learn from watching "Waiting for Guffman".

MOhillbilly 09-09-2009 09:07 AM

this guy is a dupe account.

Otter 09-09-2009 09:08 AM

We dined at KC Masterpiece on my last trip to KC and it wasn't bad at all. While I can't compare it to Jack Stacks (never eaten there yet) you would think the food they served at KC Masterpiece was horrible from the reviews it receives on the board.

I thought it was pretty good. Do the bad reviews have anything to do with it being high profile and corporate?

CosmicPal 09-09-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleProBoller (Post 6048213)
I tried it...it was fine. Nothing mind blowing. Definitely not up to Dinosaur's standards.

And I call BS. You've never been to KC and you've never stepped a fat toe in any of the KC BBQ joints.

Simply Red 09-09-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 6048222)
this guy is a dupe account.

No, there are no dupe's, per DaFace, only me and RoR and Mr. Kotter.

KyleProBoller 09-09-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 6048225)
And I call BS. You've never been to KC and you've never stepped a fat toe in any of the KC BBQ joints.

So your only defense here is a baseless statement that you claim to be true. Awesome logic.

Spicy McHaggis 09-09-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 6047973)
Agreed. But, I still eat it!.

Why? It's not like we're hurting for choices here.

Bearcat 09-09-2009 09:11 AM

The Dinosaur place has really good reviews on yelp, but even a lot of the 5-starred reviews say 'best BBQ we've had in upstate NY' or 'best in NY'.

I'm sure it's good, but coming to a KC board trying to convince people that a BBQ joint in NY is the best in the world is like trying to convince the Pope the atheists have it right.

Great Expectations 09-09-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 6047951)
KC masterpiece has no spot on my list though. It would rank slightly above the mcdonalds mcrib.

I would take the mcrib, KC masterpiece should be forced to change its name.

MOhillbilly 09-09-2009 09:12 AM

I learned yesterday that gr ch blackjack wasnt off ch gator but off crenshaws big casey rom. Blew my mind though i had suspected it for years.

Sweet Heat is the best commercial BBQ hands down. AB is still the best imo.

Stay away from peacomb fowl, they are crazy.

KyleProBoller 09-09-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 6048259)
The Dinosaur place has really good reviews on yelp, but even a lot of the 5-starred reviews say 'best BBQ we've had in upstate NY' or 'best in NY'.

I'm sure it's good, but coming to a KC board trying to convince people that a BBQ joint in NY is the best in the world is like trying to convince the Pope the atheists have it right.

I assure you...it's worth the trip. There's actually one in downtown NYC too. Best stuff I've ever had. Definitely better than anything that has come out of KC.

Great Expectations 09-09-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 6048224)
We dined at KC Masterpiece on my last trip to KC and it wasn't bad at all. While I can't compare it to Jack Stacks (never eaten there yet) you would think the food they served at KC Masterpiece was horrible from the reviews it receives on the board.

I thought it was pretty good. Do the bad reviews have anything to do with it being high profile and corporate?

Being corporate doesn't help, I think it is less high profile than Gates or Bryants.

Going to KC masterpiece for BBQ is like going to Applebees for a steak. It won't be horrible, but it won't be fantastic either. It is mass produced chain food.

Inspector 09-09-2009 09:15 AM

Jackstack
Gates
LC's

Not a big fan of Zarda's and not wild about Bryants.

ANd even though I'm a native of KC, I have not been to OK Joes or KC Masterpiece. (We tried the KC Masteroiece sauce once and was NOT impressed).

Oh and to KyleProBoller: Yes indeed, your and idiot. And you also display your ignorance of our community when you dispute the correct CP way to say that! Now go eat some raw oyster boogers with ketchup. That can be your "real" BBQ.

KyleProBoller 09-09-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector (Post 6048279)
Jackstack
Gates
LC's

Not a big fan of Zarda's and not wild about Bryants.

ANd even though I'm a native of KC, I have not been to OK Joes or KC Masterpiece. (We tried the KC Masteroiece sauce once and was NOT impressed).

Oh and to KyleProBoller: Yes indeed, your and idiot. And you also display your ignorance of our community when you dispute the correct CP way to say that! Now go eat some raw oyster boogers with ketchup. That can be your "real" BBQ.

Hey if you fellas would prefer to speak in the hick English taught in the KC school system...fine by me. Just trying to class up the joint. Kinda like hanging curtains in an outhouse.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Later Dudes

1. Jack Stack
2. Zarda
4. Gates

:doh!::spock: You are dead to me.

:D

CosmicPal 09-09-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleProBoller (Post 6048236)
So your only defense here is a baseless statement that you claim to be true. Awesome logic.

I'm pretty confident it's true. Unless you can honestly describe the BBQ place/s you went to, their locations, their decor, and such without the blatant use of the Internet as your guide- I very much doubt you've ever had your senses tickled by a smoky whiff of KC's authentic BBQ.

gblowfish 09-09-2009 09:19 AM

Here's a little message for Kyle, NSFW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUTWz7nu_wk

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleProBoller (Post 6048284)
Hey if you fellas would prefer to speak in the hick English taught in the KC school system...fine by me. Just trying to class up the joint. Kinda like hanging curtains in an outhouse.

Oh God; is this yet another limp donkey sausage stinking up the joint? We already have our Official Whipping Boy for the season; try again next year.

KyleProBoller 09-09-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 6048289)
I'm pretty confident it's true. Unless you can honestly describe the BBQ place/s you went to, their locations, their decor, and such without the blatant use of the Internet as your guide- I very much doubt you've ever had your senses tickled by a smoky whiff of KC's authentic BBQ.

Why should I bother. Even if I post the correct information you'll claim I used the internet as a guide. Not worth the effort. KC BBQ is fine, but it's not the best. Case closed.

MOhillbilly 09-09-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 6048289)

man when i was in DC for the Skins game a few years back i was suprised at the lack of smoke coming out of the parking lot. Most times at Arrowhead you can smell the smoke long before you can see the stadium.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleProBoller (Post 6048310)
Why should I bother. Even if I post the correct information you'll claim I used the internet as a guide. Not worth the effort. KC BBQ is fine, but it's not the best. Case closed.

Enjoy the taste of my awesome new rep-stick, ****stick.

Inspector 09-09-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleProBoller (Post 6048284)

AS opposed to what they have in your part of the world???

ROFLROFL

You don't have the intellect to absorb it anyway.

Simply Red 09-09-2009 09:22 AM

In my opinion Funhouse pizza in Kansas City is better than any place I've had in Chicago and New York. GO KC PIZZA!!!!!

sedated 09-09-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

I think the stigma against KC masterpiece has to do with the sauce. It is too thick and sweet. I almost wouldn’t consider it BBQ sauce, more like some weird tangent of maple syrup.

I doubt the meat is cooked badly or horrible quality, but the times I have been there its tough to tell because the sauce was so overwhelming.

I can only remember one place I’ve been to where the meat was cooked so badly it was practically inedible (Buffalo Bob’s Smokehouse in Lawrence – dry, stringy garbage).

Plus, like Jack Stack, it suffers in the reviews because of the atmosphere. Self-proclaimed BBQ connoisseurs seem to think the place has to be a hole-in-the-wall to have good que.

Bearcat 09-09-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

When I read reviews, I get the feeling if you put KC Masterpiece next to a gas station and Oklahoma Joe's on the Plaza, some people would change their opinions of both. I'd put a few places ahead of KC Masterpiece, pretty close to gblowfish's list, but I like KC Masterpiece, too.

KyleProBoller 09-09-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector (Post 6048321)
AS opposed to what they have in your part of the world???

ROFLROFL

You don't have the intellect to absorb it anyway.

Oh you're right...the wonderful instituions of KC are way better than Georgetown, Johns Hopkins, UPenn, etc...

LOL at you!

Stewie 09-09-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleProBoller (Post 6048310)

Your and idiot. Even the New Yorker Anthony Bourdain chimed in on the issue:

13 Places to Eat Before You Die

Anthony Bourdain

Oklahoma Joe's Barbecue (Kansas City, Kansas/Olathe) People may disagree on who has the best BBQ. Here, the brisket (particularly the burnt ends), pulled pork, and ribs are all of a quality that meet the high standards even of Kansas City natives. It's the best BBQ in Kansas City, which makes it the best BBQ in the world. Anthony Bourdain is the host of the Travel Channel's No Reservations.

MOhillbilly 09-09-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 6048326)
In my opinion Funhouse pizza in Kansas City is better than any place I've had in Chicago and New York. GO KC PIZZA!!!!!

I was really bumed when the one in Ex.Sp. burned down. sad day.

KyleProBoller 09-09-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 6048336)
Your and idiot. Even the New Yorker Anthony Bourdain chimed in on the issue:

13 Places to Eat Before You Die

Anthony Bourdain

Oklahoma Joe's Barbecue (Kansas City, Kansas/Olathe) People may disagree on who has the best BBQ. Here, the brisket (particularly the burnt ends), pulled pork, and ribs are all of a quality that meet the high standards even of Kansas City natives. It's the best BBQ in Kansas City, which makes it the best BBQ in the world. Anthony Bourdain is the host of the Travel Channel's No Reservations.

Please...Anthony Bourdain ate crap out of an animal's rectum one time on his show.

Simply Red 09-09-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 6048342)
I was really bumed when the one in Ex.Sp. burned down. sad day.

My mom lived in NYC for 3yrs. KC pizza is FAR better.

ChiefJustice 09-09-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleProBoller (Post 6048274)
I assure you...it's worth the trip. There's actually one in downtown NYC too. Best stuff I've ever had. Definitely better than anything that has come out of KC.

This is same reasoning that has me taking annual trips to Cincinnati for the best crab cakes....and,Dallas for the best cheese-steaks.:rolleyes:

Stewie 09-09-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleProBoller (Post 6048347)
Please...Anthony Bourdain ate crap out of an animal's rectum one time on his show.

The dude is adventurous for sure, but he's a highly respected NYC chef and critic.

Simply Red 09-09-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleProBoller (Post 6048347)

Anthony Bourdain could easily kick your ass. Just sayin'

Bearcat 09-09-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 6048326)

I had sushi at Kona a while back, and it was the best I've ever had, which makes it the best in the world. Go midwestern sushi!

KyleProBoller 09-09-2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefJustice (Post 6048354)
This is same reasoning that has me taking annual trips to Cincinnati for the best crab cakes....and,Dallas for the best cheese-steaks.:rolleyes:

Best cheesesteaks: Pat's in Philly
Best crabcakes: Bo Brooks in Baltimore
Best BBQ: Dinosaur in Syracuse

End of thread.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleProBoller (Post 6048334)
Oh you're right...the wonderful instituions of KC are way better than Georgetown, Johns Hopkins, UPenn, etc...

LOL at you!

Mods, change this ****stick's name to "KyleTidyBowler".

Oh, and urine idiot.

KyleProBoller 09-09-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 6048357)
Anthony Bourdain could easily kick your ass. Just sayin'

How is that relevant to this conversation? Maybe it follows some sort of moronic KC logic.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleProBoller (Post 6048374)

End of thread.

Best Prostitute: Your Mom.

Best Reach-a-round: Your Sister.

Best Gargling Ball-Wash: You.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 6048349)
My mom lived in NYC for 3yrs. KC pizza is FAR better.

Eh, Famous Rays makes a good slice.

CosmicPal 09-09-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 6048380)

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Simply Red 09-09-2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleProBoller (Post 6048374)

End of thread.

NOTHING good comes out of Bloodymore, Murderland

Another thing about Baltimore is, it's still the south.

Simply Red 09-09-2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleProBoller (Post 6048378)
How is that relevant to this conversation? Maybe it follows some sort of moronic KC logic.

No logic here, i'm just stating that he'd beat you down.

KyleProBoller 09-09-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 6048380)

No one hear is debating your expertise at judging reach-a-rounds...

KyleProBoller 09-09-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 6048400)
No logic here, i'm just stating that he's beat you down.

LOL at the dimwits from KC needing to pile on because they can't take me one-on-one!!!

Simply Red 09-09-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleProBoller (Post 6048407)
LOL at the dimwits from KC needing to pile on because they can't take me one-on-one!!!

I know, right?