ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs From NFL.COM / Chiefs select Manuel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269794)

fairladyZ 02-07-2013 04:25 PM

on NFL 32 just now talking to brain dawkins he said he expects andy to address the O-Line first and make our O-Line nasty and then work with cassel to get better and work on getting the ball out of cassel's hand sooner.

Bump 02-07-2013 04:28 PM

and **** ESPN

I watched them a bit and they talk about how Reid is gonna help Cassel because HE MADE THE PRO BOWL ONLY 2 YEARS AGO

they acting like Geno is gonna be a 2nd rounder, **** that. Wait for the combine. They'll see.

Bump 02-07-2013 04:28 PM

and drafting a tackle to replace an already good tackle DOESNT MAKE YOU ANY ****ING BETTER

evolve27 02-07-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9385595)
and **** ESPN

I watched them a bit and they talk about how Reid is gonna help Cassel because HE MADE THE PRO BOWL ONLY 2 YEARS AGO

they acting like Geno is gonna be a 2nd rounder, **** that. Wait for the combine. They'll see.

**** that Cassel

Red Beans 02-07-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 9385588)
on NFL 32 just now talking to brain dawkins he said he expects andy to address the O-Line first and make our O-Line nasty and then work with cassel to get better and work on getting the ball out of cassel's hand sooner.

**** that noise. Dawkins has been huffing too much shoe polish. Jesus tap dancing Christ...

RealSNR 02-07-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Former players don't know shit about anything. This has been established.

Marcellus Wiley and Tedy Bruschi said a month ago that they liked the Andy Reid hire because he's a coach who can work with Matt Cassel and get him to play at a solid level.

Playing in the NFL doesn't necessarily mean you know about the NFL.

saphojunkie 02-07-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

I am 100% on Andy working with Cassel to get the ball out of his hands sooner.

As in, right now.

Permanently.

Then he can work on getting Cassel out of the pocket. And the building.

And the state.

TEX 02-07-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9385597)
and drafting a tackle to replace an already good tackle DOESNT MAKE YOU ANY ****ING BETTER

It does if the move the "good" (more like adequate) LT to G, where he might REALLY be something. Then whoever we get at QB will benefit especially said Franchise QB.

Sorter 02-07-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9385611)
I am 100% on Andy working with Cassel to get the ball out of his hands sooner.

As in, right now.

Permanently.

Then he can work on getting Cassel out of the pocket. And the building.

And the state.

:clap:

Easy 6 02-07-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Just goes to show that being a former player doesnt mean they know jack squat about a given team.

If he knew anything about KC, he'd know that the line really doesnt HAVE to change much if at all, it really only HAS to have competition and depth... and of course, for him to still be talking about Cassel? he clearly needs to go get a brain scan, because he's got damage.

Sorter 02-07-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9385614)
It does if the move the "good" (more like adequate) LT to G, where he might REALLY be something. Then whoever we get at QB will benefit especially said Franchise QB.

Why don't you watch Joeckel play against Bama.

He is a legitimate downgrade from Albert.

The Franchise 02-07-2013 04:41 PM

Until Cassel is cut......all people will talk about is Andy working with Cassel. They won't mock us a QB until he's gone either.

NJChiefsFan 02-07-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9385126)
By the time the draft rolls around......a QB will be talked about as a lock to go #1 and Joeckel won't be the #1 rated OT.

When the college season had ended some were thinking about Teo, even if it was just Kiper and some true fans. That is all gone, and it isn't due to the scandal. True fans don't hold on to shit, they follow the wind. I have fallen into the trap now and then, but really we shouldn't be freaking out about any kind of stuff until the combine.

TEX 02-07-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9385621)
Why don't you watch Joeckel play against Bama.

He is a legitimate downgrade from Albert.

I did. You might be correct BUT wonder how he would be in a year or two? I bet he would be better across the board at LT than Albert was / is now if put against the same developmental time span. Just my take...

suds79 02-07-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9385614)

Meh you're missing one thing though. Guards are largely unimportant.

If they were, teams wouldn't routinely fill them with mid round selections in the draft every year.