ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Dishonored (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264889)

Pants 10-10-2012 11:15 PM

My friend got this and said the world is affected in real time by how many people you kill vs take down. The more you kill, the darker the world gets.

Gonzo 10-11-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9000735)
My friend got this and said the world is affected in real time by how many people you kill vs take down. The more you kill, the darker the world gets.

I played it for a few hours Tuesday night and I have to concour here. It seemed to change with each kill.

Imon Yourside 10-11-2012 07:43 PM

I played this over at a friends house for about 2 hours, then got bored and will probably never play it again. It certainly didn't help that the dumbass game doesn't seem to autosave and I lost a ton of progress.

Spicy McHaggis 10-20-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8997054)
Why does it look like a tweaked Assassins Creed?

It looks to me like a spiritual child of the Thief, albeit the ****ing hardcore child who dyes his hair black and gets a tattoo like Maynard Keenan.

I'm going to pick it up.

Gonzo 10-21-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy McHaggis (Post 9033935)
It looks to me like a spiritual child of the Thief, albeit the ****ing hardcore child who dyes his hair black and gets a tattoo like Maynard Keenan.

I'm going to pick it up.

I'll sell my brand new copy to you (including the special edition tarot cards you get for preordering) for 45 bucks plus shipping. Not what I was expecting at all.
Just not my style
PS3 btw. pM me if interested.

Huffmeister 11-25-2012 12:11 PM

FYI, Steam has it as part of their Autumn Sale for $29.99. The price is good until Tuesday at noon.

I haven't played the game myself, but figured I'd give a heads up to anyone who was on the fence about it.

Sure-Oz 11-25-2012 03:23 PM

I got this for $25 off amazon 2 days ago

Gonzo 11-25-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9150898)
I got this for $25 off amazon 2 days ago

I'm sorry you wasted 25 bucks.

beach tribe 11-26-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8995920)
Picked it up today, played it for about an hour. Not bad.... I'm a little disappointed in the graphics and I'm not a big 1st person game guy anymore. However, its a lot like assassins creed and I think it's going to wind up being pretty cool.

I'm just trying to stay occupied until the last of us comes out.

Wow, just looked into this. Haven't played games in a while. This could be a reason to start.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GApCMW1F7a0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sure-Oz 11-26-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9151867)
I'm sorry you wasted 25 bucks.

LOL, that bad?

Gonzo 11-26-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9154463)
LOL, that bad?

You may enjoy it... Some do. I just thought it was really lame. It's like it's trying too hard to be awesome and they packed too much weird shit into one game. It doesn't flow like it should.

The graphics in the cutscenes are great but the gameplay is really 2006.

Gonzo 11-26-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9153825)
Wow, just looked into this. Haven't played games in a while. This could be a reason to start.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GApCMW1F7a0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Absolutely going to be the game of the year next year. Also check out Watch Dogs. No release date yet but it looks ****ing awesome.

I'm looking forward to those two and the new GTA.
I'm thinking Uncharted 4 may be released next year too.

SAUTO 11-26-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9154809)
Absolutely going to be the game of the year next year. Also check out Watch Dogs. No release date yet but it looks ****ing awesome.

what about far cry 3?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure-Oz 11-26-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9154809)

Love 'Naughty Dogg' Im glad they are coming out with something different but def. love Uncharted. My fave game series.

Watch Dogs, never heard of it, youtubing

Gonzo 11-26-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9154814)
what about far cry 3?
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO I was just talking to Lump about that one. I checked out the website and it looks like the same old shit to me...

Of course I can't stand 1st person shooters anymore. It's so repetitive. Walk, run, shoot, die. Where's the 1st aid kit?
I got tired of them about the time the first Black Ops came out and the campaign took me an hour and a half. The damn thing is built for multiplayer only.
Of course if I were to get back into 1PS games, this one (Farcry)would probably do it since its open world. I like freedom of choice in my games. That's why Dishonored looked so damn good at first. I was so damn disappointed in that one...

If I don't play open world games, they better have a damn good storyline and they'd better keep me interested, (see Uncharted).