ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Walterfootball.com has KC picking #8 overall (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264168)

O.city 09-25-2012 09:30 PM

Smith is a pure pocket guy. He is athletic, but he doesn't seem to venture from the pocket very often. He has solid mechanics from said pocket and has a good quick release.

But, for my perspective, I've never seen a kid at that point have the pocket presence that he does.

jd1020 09-25-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8951330)
Yeah, but I don't think they will be looking to draft one that high for that situation. It would be more of a Mallet situation.

Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers say hi.

Psyko Tek 09-25-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8945615)
By a gnat's ass hair...maybe.

you lie
I watched orton read a d and look at progressions, he never killed a receiver

O.city 09-25-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8951350)
Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers say hi.

He was drafted what, in the mid 20's.

I figure we will be in the mid to early teens, or even earlier. Most teams that are set at QB likely have a few other needs maybe to push them over the edge.

Sorter 09-25-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8951273)
Wilson will be the 1st or 2nd qb to get drafted this year.

Honestly, I think the draft order of QBs will be Smith, Barkley, Wilson.

tredadda 09-25-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8951342)
Smith is a pure pocket guy. He is athletic, but he doesn't seem to venture from the pocket very often. He has solid mechanics from said pocket and has a good quick release.

But, for my perspective, I've never seen a kid at that point have the pocket presence that he does.

Better than Luck?

O.city 09-25-2012 09:49 PM

If he's not better, he's pretty close.

tredadda 09-25-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8951375)
If he's not better, he's pretty close.

What;s he missing then? I mean Luck was considered the best QB since Peyton, if not Elway and the media slobbed his knob all season. Where is that kind of publicity for Geno? He is getting some love, but nowhere near what Luck got. What did Luck have that Geno lacks?

O.city 09-25-2012 09:56 PM

Lucks got the pedigree. He was pretty much groomed for what was to come.

Geno has developed over his time in college. He does have some flaws, but for the most part they seem to be fixable.

Sorter 09-25-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8951381)
What;s he missing then? I mean Luck was considered the best QB since Peyton, if not Elway and the media slobbed his knob all season. Where is that kind of publicity for Geno? He is getting some love, but nowhere near what Luck got. What did Luck have that Geno lacks?

IMO, Luck is/was better pre-snap. Had a better knowledge of offensive and defensive concepts. Is more intelligent IMO, based on his education at Stanford. Additionally, being brought up in a pro-style, West Coast offensive system helped him in his development and value by pro teams.

Geno's knocks will be from his o-system, and that he won't have two full years of being hyped as the best prospect.

DaneMcCloud 09-25-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8951387)
Lucks got the pedigree. He was pretty much groomed for what was to come.

Geno has developed over his time in college. He does have some flaws, but for the most part they seem to be fixable.

He has flaws, he's no Andrew Luck.

BossChief 09-25-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8950893)
I've got Wilson alot higher than DJ. He does have a bit of a windup, but it seems like it's better this year than last.

The way he's shown to be a leader with all thats happened this year in Fayetville have made me a little higher on him.

I'm not totally sold on him as a leader. He threw the whole team under the bus while he was out. Even though I mostly agree with the things he said, he should have bitten his tongue and it's things like that that may be a sign of why the problems happen in the first place.

IMO that was a pretty significant red flag.

Titty Meat 09-25-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8951393)
IMO, Luck is/was better pre-snap. Had a better knowledge of offensive and defensive concepts. Is more intelligent IMO, based on his education at Stanford. Additionally, being brought up in a pro-style, West Coast offensive system helped him in his development and value by pro teams.

Geno's knocks will be from his o-system, and that he won't have two full years of being hyped as the best prospect.

Warming up to Barkley I see :)

Tribal Warfare 09-25-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8951381)

Luck had/has no weakness in his game.

RealSNR 09-25-2012 11:49 PM

7-9

Chiefs draft around 12-15.

Smith goes 1
Barkley in top 5
Wilson in top 10

When asked why the Chiefs didn't attempt to go after a real QB, Pioli says, "You gotta remember that we still have a pretty good QB in Matt who made the Pro Bowl not too long ago and has led this team through some tough initial losses to begin the season."

2010 was probably the worst thing that could happen to this franchise (after the Cassel trade, of course)