ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's say the Chiefs land 2 2nds. How would you grade these moves back into the 1st? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271686)

jd1020 04-02-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9549612)
You might as well get that process started now then.

It's already begun my friend. I've got baseball games lined up on the DVR.

I fully expect the Chiefs to not draft Geno. I've even practically guaranteed it, if I haven't fully guaranteed it.

ct 04-02-2013 12:31 PM

and I wouldn't move up if this is all we can get, stay put and select best available at 2a,2b,3a,3b

NJChiefsFan 04-02-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9549558)
Okay. So if Alex Smith unprecedentedly becomes this awesome franchise QB and the Chiefs win a Super Bowl, all the "I don't care, it's not my money, Clark's is the only opinion that matters, just sick back and enjoy the ride" people will I'm sure expect nothing less than the Nuremberg Trials for those who were adamant about drafting a QB this year.

That's not fair or admirable behavior either, but it's going to ****ing happen if that hypothetical scenario comes true.

That's how this forum works. Get used to it.

It's the truth. That's the irony of all the people fighting back against the Geno love. They are doing the same thing, and they sure will act the same if it pans out that Geno doesn't work out. Both sides have extreme people that post with arrogance and absolutes. Both sides quote those people and act like the whole group feels this way.

Case and point is the argument that the Geno supporters see him as can't miss. A few may say that, but most just like his upside. The truth, as you pointed out, is both sides are going to have cock suckers no matter which way it ends up. People ask how anyone can talk about Geno being great as an absolute and turn around only to say he won't be great as an absolute. Their is hypocrisy on both sides. The war has probably only started.

This season, no matter how Alex and Geno play, both sides are going to manipulate the situation.

Sorter 04-02-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9549750)
It's the truth. That's the irony of all the people fighting back against the Geno love. They are doing the same thing, and they sure will act the same if it pans out that Geno doesn't work out. Both sides have extreme people that post with arrogance and absolutes. Both sides quote those people and act like the whole group feels this way.

Case and point is the argument that the Geno supporters seem him as can't miss. The truth, as you pointed out, is both sides are going to have cock suckers no matter which way it ends up. People ask how anyone can talk about Geno being great as an absolute and turn around only to say he won't be great as an absolute. Their is hypocrisy on both sides. The war has probably only started.

This season, no matter how Alex and Geno play, both sides are going to manipulate the situation.

I disagree

NJChiefsFan 04-02-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9549763)
I disagree

My point isn't that most do, it's that most don't. But the few that do have their quotes taken and used as the motto of all people who wanted to draft him. I just didn't explain it very well in that post.

Sorter 04-02-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9549766)
My point isn't that most do, it's that most don't. But the few that do have their quotes taken and used as the motto of all people who wanted to draft him. I just didn't explain it very well in that post.

Fair enough.

NJChiefsFan 04-02-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9549786)
Fair enough.

I mean how many times have you read people saying "the Geno supporters think he is a lock" or "if the Chiefs take a QB but it isn't Geno they will freak". I know from what I have read that most don't feel that way. I know I don't.

Same thing will happen with Alex Smith. A decent amount of this board is on the "I don't love Alex but we will see" boat. I have never liked the guy, but I am not going to throw those guys under the bus if Alex doesn't work out and say "He wasn't the great QB you thought he was". That is going to happen from both sides no matter how this ends up though. That's what SNR was saying, and I agree.

Frankie 04-02-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9548658)
1.1 to 1.4 only nets you 2.4?

And you end up losing Albert, no QBotF, and a replacement for Albert that won't upgrade the position after getting your first #1 pick in the draft.

Hmmmmmm.... F

This year yes. I'd be very happy with that. Throw the draft value chart out this year.

BlackHelicopters 04-02-2013 03:28 PM

This all depends if Albert is playing LT or RT.

Setsuna 04-02-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9550125)
This all depends if Albert is playing LT for another team.

FYP