ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Whos your favorite Star Trek" Captain? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273140)

DaFace 05-17-2013 08:37 PM

Gotta go with Picard.

Frazod 05-17-2013 08:44 PM

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/pho...56-510-585.jpg

listopencil 05-17-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9689230)
Spock Vs. Data, who wins?

I'm going to say Spock.

CrazyPhuD 05-17-2013 08:59 PM

Pike easy!

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._Menagerie.jpg

Gadzooks 05-17-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9689131)
No love for Captain Sulu?

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/1253802240/h7F47CB48/

007 05-17-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 9689747)

:LOL:

Silock 05-17-2013 10:43 PM

Picard
Sisko

Don't care after that.

Baby Lee 05-17-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9688864)
loved Picard. But Shatner is the classic.

But Spock is the most badass mother****er on Star Trek and that's fo sho

He's seen everything, he's seen it all.

Deberg_1990 05-17-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9690015)
Picard
Sisko

Don't care after that.

What the whaaa?

Fish 05-18-2013 12:06 AM

Picard, and I'll cut the man that says otherwise....

Imon Yourside 05-18-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9689420)
This is wrong.

Spock was promoted to the rank of Captain by Star Trek V or VI.

Always the brides maid and never the bride.

RealSNR 05-18-2013 12:50 AM

Enterprise never happened. Archer is nonexistent

I really ****ing love Kate Mulgrew, and with some good writing I really think she could have been considered in the Kirk/Picard debate. Sadly, the writers made her the worst developed character of all the captains. She was also wishy-washy, wreckless, unprincipled, and occasionally highly irrational. She's the worst.

Kirk (Pine) has only done two movies. Tough to rank him any higher.

There's a huge gap after that before we get to the top 3. I've seen all the OS episodes and all the movies. I don't have the same nostalgia or fascination with the original that other people do. I also place a far greater value on what a captain actually faces and how they get out of it. Shatner's Kirk came from a different era of television, when it was still fine to represent peaceful and helpful democracy through the barrel of a gun. No, none of the Star Trek captains are exactly peaceniks, but Kirk didn't have any of the restraints that Picard or Sisko had in how they did business. He also never had to deal with the Borg. Based on that, he's 3rd for me.

Sisko/Picard are 1a and 1b, and I waver back and forth between the two constantly. If I had to pick the best one, I'd go with Sisko I think. Picard did some incredible ****ing shit, but quite often he relied on Data to get him out of jams. Sisko relied on his own chocolate thunder to get him out of jams and nothing else. He rarely even used his goddamn shapeshifter. ****, if I were a captain that'd be my #1 tool for the job every time.

Summary:

1a. Sisko
1b. Picard
2. Shatner/Kirk
3. Pine/Kirk
4. Janeway

007 05-18-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9690186)
Enterprise never happened. Archer is nonexistent

I really ****ing love Kate Mulgrew, and with some good writing I really think she could have been considered in the Kirk/Picard debate. Sadly, the writers made her the worst developed character of all the captains. She was also wishy-washy, wreckless, unprincipled, and occasionally highly irrational. She's the worst.

Kirk (Pine) has only done two movies. Tough to rank him any higher.

There's a huge gap after that before we get to the top 3. I've seen all the OS episodes and all the movies. I don't have the same nostalgia or fascination with the original that other people do. I also place a far greater value on what a captain actually faces and how they get out of it. Shatner's Kirk came from a different era of television, when it was still fine to represent peaceful and helpful democracy through the barrel of a gun. No, none of the Star Trek captains are exactly peaceniks, but Kirk didn't have any of the restraints that Picard or Sisko had in how they did business. He also never had to deal with the Borg. Based on that, he's 3rd for me.

Sisko/Picard are 1a and 1b, and I waver back and forth between the two constantly. If I had to pick the best one, I'd go with Sisko I think. Picard did some incredible ****ing shit, but quite often he relied on Data to get him out of jams. Sisko relied on his own chocolate thunder to get him out of jams and nothing else. He rarely even used his goddamn shapeshifter. ****, if I were a captain that'd be my #1 tool for the job every time.

Summary:

1a. Sisko
1b. Picard
2. Shatner/Kirk
3. Pine/Kirk
4. Janeway

Wasn't in the budget or he would have

Hammock Parties 05-18-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Picard did some incredible ****ing shit, but quite often he relied on Data to get him out of jams. Sisko relied on his own chocolate thunder to get him out of jams and nothing else.
This. Thread over.

Bravo, SNR.

Let's not even get into the fact that Picard had the goddamn flagship of the Federation at his disposal, while Sisko was confined to a shitty secondhand space station that broke down constantly.

And when he did get a ship of his own? Faces were raped all over the galaxy.

Psyko Tek 05-18-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9689420)
This is wrong.

Spock was promoted to the rank of Captain by Star Trek V or VI.

the whole ****ing crew in the TOS movies were captains
even scotty and chekov
sulu was badass in undiscovered country
gotta say picard vs shat/kirk are a toss up
the new kirk is too young
never finished voyager or DS9 was working nights
enterprise except the vulcan chick just sucked