ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs to Work Out Geno Smith in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271509)

Canofbier 04-03-2013 07:14 AM

Not sure what I was expecting, but Geno's visit came and went without anything really happening. I'm starting to worry that rumors of us taking an OT or Jordan are right, and I'm not even remotely thrilled at any of those picks without us trading back (which it isn't looking like we'll be able to do).

Mr_Tomahawk 04-03-2013 07:15 AM

Daniel Jeremiah‏@MoveTheSticks6h
Just looked up the Chiefs depth chart…Can't remember seeing a better group of players for a team picking 1st in the #NFLDraft.

jd1020 04-03-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9552627)
Not sure what I was expecting, but Geno's visit came and went without anything really happening. I'm starting to worry that rumors of us taking an OT or Jordan are right, and I'm not even remotely thrilled at any of those picks without us trading back (which it isn't looking like we'll be able to do).

Starting? The writing was on the wall just over a month ago.

unlurking 04-03-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9552434)
Is the drop off from Joeckel to Fisher steep enough to warrant the multiple high picks it will cost to acquire the first pick to take him? I don't think so, so I think the only player teams will even try to trade up for would be Geno. But with all the recent QB moves, I doubt teams think he's worth the compensation either. At the end of the day, I think Geno will be the pick because it is much easier to find a quality OT, OLB, or DL (the positional competitions for the first pick) in the later rounds than it is for a potential franchise QB.

I never understood this line of thinking, but see it posted a lot. So 3 or 4 teams make a move to sign crappy QB's. What do you expect them to do, wait until the shitty pool of available QB's are gone, dreaming of rainbows and unicorns while they hope & pray Smith or Barkley fall to them? They don't have the first or second pick, they have to fill the position any way they can. I don't think a single QB signing (beyond Alex Smith) has any effect on where Geno is drafted or if someone is willing to trade up to get him.

aturnis 04-03-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9552654)
I never understood this line of thinking, but see it posted a lot. So 3 or 4 teams make a move to sign crappy QB's. What do you expect them to do, wait until the shitty pool of available QB's are gone, dreaming of rainbows and unicorns while they hope & pray Smith or Barkley fall to them? They don't have the first or second pick, they have to fill the position any way they can. I don't think a single QB signing (beyond Alex Smith) has any effect on where Geno is drafted or if someone is willing to trade up to get him.

This.

BigCatDaddy 04-04-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9552654)

An agenda will cause people to not use common sense.

Marco Polo 04-04-2013 11:10 AM

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora believes West Virginia QB Geno Smith will be a top five draft pick and "there isn't any doubt about it."

La Canfora wouldn't be surprised to see Geno go in the top three, "specifically, to Jacksonville second overall." He goes on to say that the flurry of veteran quarterback additions does not mean Geno has been devalued throughout the process. "So to posit that this kid (somehow) now is a question mark to go in the top 15 is beyond ridiculous." The Jaguars and Raiders are the two likeliest landing spots.

Dayze 04-04-2013 11:12 AM

if he goes to Oakland, I hope he rapes us for a decade.

B14ckmon 04-04-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 9556126)
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora believes West Virginia QB Geno Smith will be a top five draft pick and "there isn't any doubt about it."

La Canfora wouldn't be surprised to see Geno go in the top three, "specifically, to Jacksonville second overall." He goes on to say that the flurry of veteran quarterback additions does not mean Geno has been devalued throughout the process. "So to posit that this kid (somehow) now is a question mark to go in the top 15 is beyond ridiculous." The Jaguars and Raiders are the two likeliest landing spots.

http://i.imgur.com/tfw54zW.gif

caligula 04-04-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

cbssports.com/nfl/story/22001735/after-freeagency-shakeout-geno-smith-a-lock-to-be-picked-in-top-five

Quote:

Smith is, without a doubt, the top quarterback prospect in this draft. Period. No debate. Nothing he has done between his final college game and his pro day has changed that. He is the only sure-fire quarterback prospect in the top half of the first round. Even his harshest, most simplistic critic -- you know, the kind of guy who would lob the same shoddy jabs at Smith this week that he lobbed a few years back at Cam Newton -- would have to admit that unlike most of the past few years, there is no 1B to Smith's 1A. He is it at the top of the first round. (And, for the record, teams that have done their work on Smith have no concerns about character or work ethic. It's rather ludicrous in this situation.)

Frankie 04-04-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9556137)

If he goes to Oakland I hope he's the next Jamarcus Marinovich.

Dayze 04-04-2013 11:23 AM

word on the street is, the Chiefs are evaluating a 4 year old QB; so by the time he comes out of college, they'll consider taking him in the 5th round.

BigCatDaddy 04-04-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Wow. La Confora just made a few Geno haters here his West Texas ballroom bitches.

Cannibal 04-04-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9556137)

If he goes to Oakland, I hope his negative reviews are actually true.

Dayze 04-04-2013 11:32 AM

the masochist in me wants him to throw for eleventy yards on us each year.