ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Shawn Zobel on 610 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267113)

KC_Lee 11-27-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156191)
They're going to win AT MOST 2 games. There's almost no chance the current staff is retained.

I so want to believe this, I really do. But there is a part of me that fears that Clark will keep this staff on for another season. Or fire Pioli and RAC but retain parts of this loser staff a burden the new HC with the dregs that currently haunt 1 Arrowhead Drive.

BigCatDaddy 11-27-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156180)
Very, very small sample size and only on one station.

Yesterday afternoon on the final hour of the program, they took calls and it was almost 3:1 in favor of the "take a QB or else" crowd.

That's because dumbasses listen to 610.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 08:52 AM

I'll be honest, I can't listen to 610.

Yes, Keitzman talks about Golf and NASCAR. Yes, Steve and Nate talk about sausage and KU.

But at the end of the day, when they DO actually talk Chiefs on 810, they know what they're talking about.

610 does talk a lot of Chiefs but I think they talk TOO MUCH. It gets watered down and ultimately, they run out of substance and have to resort to dumbassery to keep the discussion going.

mr. tegu 11-27-2012 08:54 AM

610 was the best with Nick Wright by far. But without him, the Big Show in the afternoons is just awful. And now the other shows are having to be the flagship shows and they can't handle it.

ChiefsCountry 11-27-2012 08:55 AM

As much as I would love to add Jarvis Jones or Teo or Star to this defense, QB is our #1 need by far and it isn't even close. Barkley and Smith are about as safe quarterback picks you can get. It sucks they just followed Luck and Griffin.

BigMeatballDave 11-27-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9156190)
Shawn Zobel is a ****ing moron.

Draft a DL?
Trade for Alex Smith because he's a game manager?

douche.

If Pioli is still here, that ****er will try to do this very thing.

Ace Gunner 11-27-2012 08:58 AM

RG3 & Luck are pretty talented players. Guys like that don't come along but once a decade or so. This class isn't great, but the Chiefs need a QB and should grab the best one available first up.

Te'o is great and all, there are a few defensive players that are good in this draft. But I would bite the bullet and take a QB. Too many other teams need a QB in this draft, so it's going to be a reach, but a necessity.

BigMeatballDave 11-27-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9156202)
As much as I would love to add Jarvis Jones or Teo or Star to this defense, QB is our #1 need by far and it isn't even close. Barkley and Smith are about as safe quarterback picks you can get. It sucks they just followed Luck and Griffin.

Still on the Barkley bandwagon, eh? :)

RealSNR 11-27-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9156096)
So if not QB, is there even a consensus Best Player overall at #1 ?

That's the thing. Black Bobs everywhere love to harp that there isn't a consensus best #1 overall QB, but when asked who IS this can't-miss-8th-wonder-of-the-world player, they say, "Well, uh.. there's Manti Te'o or Jarvis Jones... and Star Lotuleilei is pretty good." They can't name a consensus top non-QB that they so desperately want us to have.

It's the dumbest shit I've ever seen.

Deberg_1990 11-27-2012 08:58 AM

28-63 since 2007...

But yea, its too risky to draft a QB.

Rausch 11-27-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156191)
They're going to win AT MOST 2 games. There's almost no chance the current staff is retained.

I think these coaches are gone.

It's Pioli I'm worried about.

BigMeatballDave 11-27-2012 08:59 AM

After 30 yrs without drafting a QB in the 1st and national sports media talking about it, there is NO WAY they can avoid doing it.

suds79 11-27-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9156200)
610 was the best with Nick Wright by far. But without him, the Big Show in the afternoons is just awful. And now the other shows are having to be the flagship shows and they can't handle it.

Yeah I actually change it from the Big Show to KK in the afternoon regrettably.

the Big Show is just so bad. You have Josh Vernier whose cheesy radio voice just bugs me. Not his fault but it does. Then Binkley. One of the biggest radio meat-heads I've heard in some time. Plus he has this whole bash his wife radio stick that isn't funny at all.

It's a horrible show.

I do like Danny Parkins & Cdot though in the afternoon.

Rausch 11-27-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9156217)
That's the thing. Black Bobs everywhere love to harp that there isn't a consensus best #1 overall QB, but when asked who IS this can't-miss-8th-wonder-of-the-world player, they say, "Well, uh.. there's Manti Te'o or Jarvis Jones... and Star Lotuleilei is pretty good." They can't name a consensus top non-QB that they so desperately want us to have.

It's the dumbest shit I've ever seen.

This is the best year to take who we (the team) thinks is the best QB.

We'll have the pick of the litter. Cap space. No having to trade up or give a player. No giving up future pics.

JUST...****ING...TAKE....ONE...

Silock 11-27-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9156223)
Yeah I actually change it from the Big Show to KK in the afternoon regrettably.

the Big Show is just so bad. You have Josh Vernier whose cheesy radio voice just bugs me. Not his fault but it does. Then Binkley. One of the biggest radio meat-heads I've heard in some time. Plus he has this whole bash his wife radio stick that isn't funny at all.

It's a horrible show.

I do like Danny Parkins & Cdot though in the afternoon.

Yeah, they are awful. Pearson isn't very good, either.

Still, 610 sports has much higher ratings than Nick's new station. I wish he'd come back.