ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Shawn Zobel on 610 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267113)

Mr_Tomahawk 11-27-2012 08:08 AM

Shawn Zobel on 610

In a few minutes...

...itll be interesting to hear his view on the draft. One of those who think there isn't a QB worth #1 overall in this draft.

Im at work tho...it'd be nice if someone posted the play-by-play.

Deberg_1990 11-27-2012 08:11 AM

So if not QB, is there even a consensus Best Player overall at #1 ?

mr. tegu 11-27-2012 08:14 AM

He thinks we should take Te'o if we get the first pick.

mdchiefsfan 11-27-2012 08:15 AM

says picking a qb is picking the best of the worst and Barkley is it.

mdchiefsfan 11-27-2012 08:21 AM

Barkley should be in a WCO and Geno should be in the opposite type of offense. Geno would fit well in Philly with Maclin and Jackson because he required playmakers/ speedsters to be efficient in the NFL.

the Talking Can 11-27-2012 08:21 AM

said smith "started throwing ints when big 12 play started"...

3...all year...

"struggled....against Oklahoma"

wants us to draft a LB

kill me

mdchiefsfan 11-27-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9156118)

3...all year...

wants us to draft a LB

kill me

yup. Not really resounding reviews of this QB class. Don't care, draft one anyway and if it fails try again. We must find OUR QB

mdchiefsfan 11-27-2012 08:24 AM

Should sign Alex Smith and draft a QB in the 2nd round :facepalm:

Silock 11-27-2012 08:25 AM

What a ****ing moron.

He just said trade for Alex Smith and draft a pass rusher.

Uh, **** NO on Alex Smith.

I'm actually okay with not taking a QB as long as you nail the pick, but we'd have to give up too much for Alex Smith and he SUCKS.

I'd rather get Barkley or Geno (especially Geno) than trade for Smith, and it's not even close.

Rasputin 11-27-2012 08:25 AM

Anyone who thinks Geno Smith isn't worth #1 over all pick is and idiot ****tard.

mdchiefsfan 11-27-2012 08:26 AM

This man lost cred with me when he recommended we trade for Flynn or Smith as a stopgap

Deberg_1990 11-27-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

3...all year...

wants us to draft a LB

kill me

Who is this guy and how can he be so incompetent?

the Talking Can 11-27-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9156120)
yup. Not really resounding reviews of this QB class. Don't care, draft one anyway and if it fails try again. We must find OUR QB

frankly, I'm not impressed with the people I've heard commenting on the QBs...they seem to have a lot of preconceived categories into which they slot QBs...

if you weren't blown away by what Smith did against Oklahoma, then I can't help you...

no mention of Smith carrying the worst defense in football, no mention of 3 ints all year...I'm just not getting the sense he's really paid close attention

suggesting we draft a LB and draft a QB in the second is painfully dumb, imho...but that's the drumbeat we're going to hear...and KC radio is eating it up, and I imagine the average KC fan will as well

mr. tegu 11-27-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

3...all year...

wants us to draft a LB

kill me

Some people are just so clueless. Smith's numbers are virtually identical if not better than RG3's last year in Big 12 play. The only thing RG3 was signficantly higher on was QB rating. And the idea that he dropped off with Big 12 play is ludicrous considering he went from 80% completion to 70%...yeah he is awful. :rolleyes:

htismaqe 11-27-2012 08:33 AM

Here's the hidden bonus in getting the #1 overall pick:

There's no way to "get ahead" of the #1 pick. There's no need for subterfuge or smoke an mirrors.

That's why we almost always know who the #1 pick is going to be WELL BEFORE the actual draft in April.

This is where SOC has the best chance to make a REAL difference. If word starts to get out that the Chiefs are eye-ing a LB or OT, hit the Twitter and Facebook, HARD.

Rasputin 11-27-2012 08:34 AM

We got three outstanding LBers on this team. I fail to see why we would need to spend a first on a MLB? Our offense has got to be the worst in the league and can't find a way to get the ball in the endzone and QB is the number 1 problem for this team to do so.

Dayze 11-27-2012 08:34 AM

I think there must be something in the BBQ in this town. 75% of people around here have an allergic reaction and it makes them football reeruned.

all caps DEB eats a LOT of BBQ

notorious 11-27-2012 08:34 AM

This guy is saying all of the exact opposite of what we should actually do.

Is he saying this garbage strictly for ratings?

htismaqe 11-27-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9156130)
frankly, I'm not impressed with the people I've heard commenting on the QBs...they seem to have a lot of preconceived categories into which they slot QBs...

if you weren't blown away by what Smith did against Oklahoma, then I can't help you...

no mention of Smith carrying the worst defense in football, no mention of 3 ints all year...I'm just not getting the sense he's really paid close attention

suggesting we draft a LB and draft a QB in the second is painfully dumb, imho...but that's the drumbeat we're going to hear...and KC radio is eating it up, and I imagine the average KC fan will as well

Don't get too worked up about it.

These were the same people that didn't think RG3's game would translate to the NFL.

RG3 didn't REALLY get play as a potential #1 pick until it was all but certain that Luck actually WAS the #1 pick. Suddenly, the Redskins trade up and everybody falls in line.

the Talking Can 11-27-2012 08:36 AM

and now 610 is on the 'draft a LB' first and sign alex smith

jesus...30 ****ING YEARS AND YOU HAVE LEARNED NOTHING

the Talking Can 11-27-2012 08:37 AM

and the first caller says "we need an impact defender..."

I'm going to kill myself 1000 times today

bevischief 11-27-2012 08:39 AM

JFC...

the Talking Can 11-27-2012 08:40 AM

i could kiss this caller...finally some sense

"you draft an inside LB that high...you didn't lose all these games to take the 3rd best QB"

Deberg_1990 11-27-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9156130)

Its almost if alot of analysts and fans attitude is "If if nots Elway, Manning, or Luck, then dont draft a QB"

WTF?? IM sorry, but your just not always going to get that lucky. Sometimes you get a Bledsoe, Kerry Collins or a David Klinger. That doesnt mean you shouldnt try, because its the most important position on the field. If it doesnt work out, you try again a few years later.

ForeverChiefs58 11-27-2012 08:40 AM

they are just saying that to blow smoke, so no one trades up in front of us...oh wait

notorious 11-27-2012 08:41 AM

We need to thin the herd.

Mother****erJones 11-27-2012 08:41 AM

OMFG! reeruned shit! We have impact defenders, they can't right now because we have no dline pass rushers. We need to draft a QB 1 and WR 2nd rd

htismaqe 11-27-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9156142)

You should listen to 810.

They'll at least tell you what you want, even if Petro has to choke back the bile to do it. :)

the Talking Can 11-27-2012 08:41 AM

and now it is a fact, "there is no luck or RG3"....over and over and over...

i hate this franchise and media and fanbase with the power of 50000000lbs of cheese

htismaqe 11-27-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9156155)
Its almost if alot of analysts and fans attitude is "If if nots Elway, Manning, or Luck, then dont draft a QB"

WTF?? IM sorry, but your just not always going to get that lucky. Sometimes you get a Bledsoe, Kerry Collins or a David Klinger. That doesnt mean you shouldnt try, because its the most important position on the field. If it doesnt work out, you try again a few years later.

Bledsoe and Collins both played in Super Bowls.

I'm just sayin'.

notorious 11-27-2012 08:42 AM

Someone should set off an EMP over 610.

the Talking Can 11-27-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9156155)

that's exactly what it is

which is just another version of "oh no, it risky!"

people will spend another first round pick on our front 7...but a QB is risky

htismaqe 11-27-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9156162)
and now it is a fact, "there is no luck or RG3"....over and over and over...

i hate this franchise and media and fanbase with the power of 50000000lbs of cheese

This fanbase has been abused for so long, they're overly cautious.

Never fear, WHB guys have it right - they'll take a QB because they simply can't do anything else. They HAVE to take a QB or risk fracturing the fanbase in a way that is irreparable.

Mother****erJones 11-27-2012 08:44 AM

No one knows for sure there's no luck or RG3! Ya no shit those QBs are once in a lifetime QBs. All these so called experts can lick a goat ass. Ill take the top QB overall and let's do this

notorious 11-27-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156170)
They HAVE to take a QB or risk fracturing the fanbase in a way that is irreparable.

The fanbase has been calling in saying we should draft defense.

I am starting to believe we are in the minority.

Deberg_1990 11-27-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156164)
Bledsoe and Collins both played in Super Bowls.

I'm just sayin'.

oh yea i know.....i meant that they are not Hall of Famers. Just Hall of Very Good or Hall of Solid. : )

the Talking Can 11-27-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156170)
This fanbase has been abused for so long, they're overly cautious.

Never fear, WHB guys have it right - they'll take a QB because they simply can't do anything else. They HAVE to take a QB or risk fracturing the fanbase in a way that is irreparable.

this fanbase is just dumb

we haven't drafted a first round QB in anyone's lifetime..there is nothing to be afraid of...there is no ryan leaf in our history

we've drafted other positions over and over and over, most of them failures and yet no one thinks it is risky

htismaqe 11-27-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9156174)
The fanbase has been calling in saying we should draft defense.

I am starting to believe we are in the minority.

Very, very small sample size and only on one station.

Yesterday afternoon on the final hour of the program, they took calls and it was almost 3:1 in favor of the "take a QB or else" crowd.

KC_Lee 11-27-2012 08:48 AM

Considering the new rookie pay scale drafting a bust QB (or any other position, say 5 tech DL from LSU) is less of a risk than before.

But I fear that the Chiefs' fanbase has been so brainwashed with the "a QB in the first round is too risky" line that we can never really get it back on track. Unless we clean house and start over with a new GM, HC and coaching staff.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9156173)
No one knows for sure there's no luck or RG3! Ya no shit those QBs are once in a lifetime QBs. All these so called experts can lick a goat ass. Ill take the top QB overall and let's do this

The thing is:

This time LAST YEAR there was NO RG3.

RG3 wasn't a "sure thing" until the couple of weeks leading up to the draft, after the Redskins moved up.

During the season last year, when things REALLY count, there was as many questions about RG3 as there are about Geno Smith.

notorious 11-27-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156180)

Yesterday afternoon on the final hour of the program, they took calls and it was almost 3:1 in favor of the "take a QB or else" crowd.

I just figured it out: Only the mouthbreathers listen to this POS's show.

Makes sense.

Rasputin 11-27-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9156142)

It's the ****ing curse of Todd Blackledge and stupid True Chiefs Fans. ****ing Carl Petersons fault.:cuss:

Molitoth 11-27-2012 08:49 AM

Shawn Zobel is a fucking moron.

Draft a DL?
Trade for Alex Smith because he's a game manager?

douche.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9156184)
Considering the new rookie pay scale drafting a bust QB (or any other position, say 5 tech DL from LSU) is less of a risk than before.

But I fear that the Chiefs' fanbase has been so brainwashed with the "a QB in the first round is too risky" line that we can never really get it back on track. Unless we clean house and start over with a new GM, HC and coaching staff.

They're going to win AT MOST 2 games. There's almost no chance the current staff is retained.

the Talking Can 11-27-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156185)
The thing is:

This time LAST YEAR there was NO RG3.

RG3 wasn't a "sure thing" until the couple of weeks leading up to the draft, after the Redskins moved up.

During the season last year, when things REALLY count, there was as many questions about RG3 as there are about Geno Smith.

and most people thought washington was crazy for trading those picks...

KC_Lee 11-27-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156191)
They're going to win AT MOST 2 games. There's almost no chance the current staff is retained.

I so want to believe this, I really do. But there is a part of me that fears that Clark will keep this staff on for another season. Or fire Pioli and RAC but retain parts of this loser staff a burden the new HC with the dregs that currently haunt 1 Arrowhead Drive.

BigCatDaddy 11-27-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156180)

That's because dumbasses listen to 610.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 08:52 AM

I'll be honest, I can't listen to 610.

Yes, Keitzman talks about Golf and NASCAR. Yes, Steve and Nate talk about sausage and KU.

But at the end of the day, when they DO actually talk Chiefs on 810, they know what they're talking about.

610 does talk a lot of Chiefs but I think they talk TOO MUCH. It gets watered down and ultimately, they run out of substance and have to resort to dumbassery to keep the discussion going.

mr. tegu 11-27-2012 08:54 AM

610 was the best with Nick Wright by far. But without him, the Big Show in the afternoons is just awful. And now the other shows are having to be the flagship shows and they can't handle it.

ChiefsCountry 11-27-2012 08:55 AM

As much as I would love to add Jarvis Jones or Teo or Star to this defense, QB is our #1 need by far and it isn't even close. Barkley and Smith are about as safe quarterback picks you can get. It sucks they just followed Luck and Griffin.

BigMeatballDave 11-27-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9156190)
Shawn Zobel is a ****ing moron.

Draft a DL?
Trade for Alex Smith because he's a game manager?

douche.

If Pioli is still here, that ****er will try to do this very thing.

Ace Gunner 11-27-2012 08:58 AM

RG3 & Luck are pretty talented players. Guys like that don't come along but once a decade or so. This class isn't great, but the Chiefs need a QB and should grab the best one available first up.

Te'o is great and all, there are a few defensive players that are good in this draft. But I would bite the bullet and take a QB. Too many other teams need a QB in this draft, so it's going to be a reach, but a necessity.

BigMeatballDave 11-27-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9156202)
As much as I would love to add Jarvis Jones or Teo or Star to this defense, QB is our #1 need by far and it isn't even close. Barkley and Smith are about as safe quarterback picks you can get. It sucks they just followed Luck and Griffin.

Still on the Barkley bandwagon, eh? :)

RealSNR 11-27-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9156096)
So if not QB, is there even a consensus Best Player overall at #1 ?

That's the thing. Black Bobs everywhere love to harp that there isn't a consensus best #1 overall QB, but when asked who IS this can't-miss-8th-wonder-of-the-world player, they say, "Well, uh.. there's Manti Te'o or Jarvis Jones... and Star Lotuleilei is pretty good." They can't name a consensus top non-QB that they so desperately want us to have.

It's the dumbest shit I've ever seen.

Deberg_1990 11-27-2012 08:58 AM

28-63 since 2007...

But yea, its too risky to draft a QB.

Rausch 11-27-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156191)

I think these coaches are gone.

It's Pioli I'm worried about.

BigMeatballDave 11-27-2012 08:59 AM

After 30 yrs without drafting a QB in the 1st and national sports media talking about it, there is NO WAY they can avoid doing it.

suds79 11-27-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9156200)
610 was the best with Nick Wright by far. But without him, the Big Show in the afternoons is just awful. And now the other shows are having to be the flagship shows and they can't handle it.

Yeah I actually change it from the Big Show to KK in the afternoon regrettably.

the Big Show is just so bad. You have Josh Vernier whose cheesy radio voice just bugs me. Not his fault but it does. Then Binkley. One of the biggest radio meat-heads I've heard in some time. Plus he has this whole bash his wife radio stick that isn't funny at all.

It's a horrible show.

I do like Danny Parkins & Cdot though in the afternoon.

Rausch 11-27-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9156217)
That's the thing. Black Bobs everywhere love to harp that there isn't a consensus best #1 overall QB, but when asked who IS this can't-miss-8th-wonder-of-the-world player, they say, "Well, uh.. there's Manti Te'o or Jarvis Jones... and Star Lotuleilei is pretty good." They can't name a consensus top non-QB that they so desperately want us to have.

It's the dumbest shit I've ever seen.

This is the best year to take who we (the team) thinks is the best QB.

We'll have the pick of the litter. Cap space. No having to trade up or give a player. No giving up future pics.

JUST...****ING...TAKE....ONE...

Silock 11-27-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9156223)
Yeah I actually change it from the Big Show to KK in the afternoon regrettably.

the Big Show is just so bad. You have Josh Vernier whose cheesy radio voice just bugs me. Not his fault but it does. Then Binkley. One of the biggest radio meat-heads I've heard in some time. Plus he has this whole bash his wife radio stick that isn't funny at all.

It's a horrible show.

I do like Danny Parkins & Cdot though in the afternoon.

Yeah, they are awful. Pearson isn't very good, either.

Still, 610 sports has much higher ratings than Nick's new station. I wish he'd come back.

Chiefs Pantalones 11-27-2012 09:12 AM

If we don't pick a QB first there will be mass hysteria in this house.

PhillyChiefFan 11-27-2012 09:21 AM

Are the Chiefs the ONLY team in the NFL that hasn't drafted a QB in the 1st RD in almost 30 years?

And these dumbasses that are calling for defense in the 1st RD can GTFO. Defense was the only thing stopping a complete and utter blowout Sunday. They held the #2 ranked offense to 17 pts. Had we actually had a signal caller that could lead the team to a TD, we may have even...GASP...WON the game!!

Are people REALLY this stupid?!?!? Trade for Tebow...Trade for Alex Smith...WTF!??! Are these people watching the same train wreck I am week in/week out?!?

:banghead:

suds79 11-27-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 9156263)
Are the Chiefs the ONLY team in the NFL that hasn't drafted a QB in the 1st RD in almost 30 years?

And these dumbasses that are calling for defense in the 1st RD can GTFO. Defense was the only thing stopping a complete and utter blowout Sunday. They held the #2 ranked offense to 17 pts. Had we actually had a signal caller that could lead the team to a TD, we may have even...GASP...WON the game!!

Are people REALLY this stupid?!?!? Trade for Tebow...Trade for Alex Smith...WTF!??! Are these people watching the same train wreck I am week in/week out?!?

:banghead:

I think this is just the stupid ebbs and flows of the off-season (which we are in) that you hear about.

Guys stock will rise & fall. Right now it's down on QBs. But if any of the guys have a big bowl game, they'll rise. Or during Matt, Tyler or Geno's pro day it'll rise.

I still think we'll just take QB #1 overall so I'm not freaking out. But yeah it is dumb to think that of all organizations, this one could neglect QB again.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-27-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

3...all year...

wants us to draft a LB

kill me

So, basically he's another clueless dumb**** like Knowmo.

okcchief 11-27-2012 09:27 AM

Yeah, let's pick up a 49er QB. This would only be the 4th time and we have so many rings to show for it.

FML

Pasta Little Brioni 11-27-2012 09:29 AM

Seriously, anyone wanting an ILB with the number 1 overall pick has no ****ing clue about the game of football and all takes prior and future are null and void of credibility.

PhillyChiefFan 11-27-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9156246)
If we don't pick a QB first there will be mass hysteria in this house.

Yep. Because CP members seem to be pretty much in agreement on that, for the most part.

But it blows my mind the ineptitude of some of the people that call in saying draft an ILB with the #1 pick, or anything BUT a QB. Maybe Geno Smith isn't the ultimate answer, but take the chance that he is or move on in 2 seasons by drafting another QB.

I just cannot believe anyone would even RISK going into next season with either of the QB's that we have.

The next HC/GM will need to completely clean house to make me believe again.

PhillyChiefFan 11-27-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9156275)
Seriously, anyone wanting an ILB with the number 1 overall pick has no ****ing clue about the game of football and all takes prior and future are null and void of credibility.

Yep!

Beef Supreme 11-27-2012 09:33 AM

The media hates the Chiefs. They defend Cassel and Pioli until there is absolutely no choice but to admit they suck. Then they say shit like we should go get Alex Smith.

Would they want Alex ****ing Smith to be the QB of their team? No ****ing way. But he is fine for the Chiefs.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-27-2012 09:35 AM

We have the worst QB's in the league and an average MLB. Teams with high level QB's can hide the flaws on their team. You have a QB like Geno available that possesses all the tolls you look for in a "Franchise QB". The answer: Hmmmm, TEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dumb****s.

nychief 11-27-2012 09:35 AM

Alex Smith was almost out if the league till Harbaugh showed up.... No thank you.

ILChief 11-27-2012 09:39 AM

Moran

ILChief 11-27-2012 09:40 AM

This is why soc should start preaching first round QB

Dayze 11-27-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9156284)
Alex Smith was almost out if the league till Harbaugh showed up.... No thank you.

wut?

Sorter 11-27-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9156114)
Barkley should be in a WCO and Geno should be in the opposite type of offense. Geno would fit well in Philly with Maclin and Jackson because he required playmakers/ speedsters to be efficient in the NFL.

Philly is a WCO

ILChief 11-27-2012 09:45 AM

If they pass on Geno for a linebacker or dl, I'm out

Pasta Little Brioni 11-27-2012 09:48 AM

The defense was good enough for the team to beat Baltimore, Denver, and Pittsburgh with even average QB play, the team has gone multiple games without finding the endzone, and defense is the main culprit. Some fans don't deserve to watch this game.

Sorter 11-27-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9156301)
The defense was good enough for the team to beat Baltimore, Denver, and Pittsburgh with even average QB play, the team has gone multiple games without finding the endzone, and defense is the main culprit. Some fans don't deserve to watch this game.

It is astonishing to me just how much better a playcaller Bill Muir, falling asleep in the booth is than Daboll. LMAO

Dayze 11-27-2012 09:52 AM

Daboll is probably too busy trying to extract the orange juice pulp from his beard.

Jerm 11-27-2012 09:54 AM

This is insanity...its easy...Geno Smith is the pick, plain and simple.