ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Restaurants in the Branson Table Rock Lake Area (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284653)

TrebMaxx 06-26-2014 09:13 PM

Restaurants in the Branson Table Rock Lake Area

The Mrs. and I are going for a quick 4 day get-away and will be staying at the Chateau on the Lake Resort at Table Rock Lake. Looking for recommendations on restaurants in the area to hit up. We will be celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary and for that night we will be dinning at the resorts Chateau Grille which seems to be highly rated. Any other suggestions for must try places?

Disclaimer - no LJS!

Why Not? 06-26-2014 10:00 PM

How far from Eureka Springs will you be? Gaskins Cabin is a hidden gem. Best prime rib I've ever had. Great cozy romantic atmosphere as well

Prison Bitch 06-26-2014 10:04 PM

Cantina Laredo on the Landing.

TrebMaxx 06-26-2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 10717910)
How far from Eureka Springs will you be? Gaskins Cabin is a hidden gem. Best prime rib I've ever had. Great cozy romantic atmosphere as well

A bit too far for Eureka Springs. Sounds good though, love prime rib.

TrebMaxx 06-26-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10717916)
Cantina Laredo on the Landing.

Thanks for the suggestion! Just checked it out online and it looks like a nice place. It is going on my list.

Edit: upon further review it appears it is no longer open.

Second edit: my bad, it is just not open at this hour. Back on the list.

Prison Bitch 06-26-2014 11:35 PM

It's great Mexican. Get the guacamole.

NewChief 06-27-2014 04:46 AM

Cantina Laredo is good. If you want a burger and shake place , try the Burger Shack. I think the one there is still open. Ours closed here due to mismanagement, but it was pretty awesome. Kind of like 5 Guys.

In all honesty, for a town that makes its living on the hospitality industry, Branson food scene kind of lacks. I guess it's due to the tastes of the typical Branson tourist. I actually enjoy going there with my family, but we don't really get into the food there like we do at most vacation spots.

Mike in SW-MO 06-27-2014 05:25 AM

Go to the Keeter center at College of the Ozarks. 5 star dining experience for a 2-star price. it is just down the road in Hollister. They are staffed by kids from the college learning the hospitality trade.

Neat Ozark flavor to the decor & menu.

BullJunkandIron 06-27-2014 08:26 AM

I always enjoyed Montana Mike's Steakhouse. Especially when my uncle is paying for it.

loochy 06-27-2014 08:39 AM

Altenhof Inn

It's a small mom and pop German and pizza restaurant that overlooks the lake. It's not too far from Silver Dollar City. It's pretty good and it's nice to eat outside with the nice views.

TrebMaxx 06-27-2014 09:32 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I've had some people at work tell me to try the Altenhof Inn too so we will be going there.

Renegade 06-27-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 10718326)
Altenhof Inn

It's a small mom and pop German and pizza restaurant that overlooks the lake. It's not too far from Silver Dollar City. It's pretty good and it's nice to eat outside with the nice views.

I live in Branson, and this is one of my favorites. Another place that is not far from Silver Dollar City is Reeds Spring Pizza.

Great Expectations 06-27-2014 10:25 AM

Level 2 is the best steakhouse I have been to in Branson. The Chateau has/had a great Sunday brunch.

http://www.level2steakhouse.com/menus.html

BWillie 06-27-2014 11:17 AM

Great stuff, planning a trip out there for the first time since I was a little kid. In fact, I was at the Royals game last week, and I signed up for a Branson hotel room for $69, AND I get 4 nights & two roundtrip flights for free in Vegas, all for the $69. All I have to do is sit thru a 120 minute sales presentation trying to get me to buy a Branson timeshare. I'm sure theres a bigger catch that I'm not missing.

seaofred 06-27-2014 11:57 AM

For Sunday brunch you need to go over to Big Cedar.