ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Electronics Electric razor preference (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269480)

007 01-30-2013 03:36 AM

Electric razor preference

For those that hate blades, what is your electric razor or preference and why?

I currently have a Braun 8900 series but am considering a switch to the new norelcos because the new blade replacements for the braun suck.

007 01-30-2013 03:37 AM

Also, the thread is meant for electric users only. Please don't litter it with how good your blades are for a regular shave. My face doesn't handle blades very well at all and I have tried most of the new ones.

Phobia 01-30-2013 03:58 AM

I have dabbled with several electrics over the years. I'm not talking about the $40-60 shavers either. I've spent $150 on the nice ones. I've tried the foils and the rotary shavers - Brauns, Remingtons, and everything in between. Eventually, I just gave up. I don't think there is an electric that will give me a decent shave without destroying my neck. I can get a Braun to cut my cheeks pretty nice but my neck is so sensitive that it develops a rash. I'm a blade only guy currently and for the foreseeable future. But I really only shave before church on Sundays or prior to important meetings.

007 01-30-2013 04:16 AM

I'm exactly the opposite. Blades leave my face feeling raw and uncomfortable. I try new ones but have always felt my braun is a closer more comfortable shave. I haven't used a GOOD Norelco in 15 years so I don't know how the new ones are but am considering trying the 1250/40 since amazon has the $50 coupon for it right now. In the past, norelcos always seemed to leave too much behind but now braun is doing that too with the new cutting block design they switched to.

Abba-Dabba 01-30-2013 04:34 AM

Can't even remember the last time I shaved.

CoMoChief 01-30-2013 05:51 AM

Every electric razor I've used makes my face break out and bleed.

I know your skin has to get used to it....but after 6 weeks and still bleeding (esp on the neck)? I gave up and turned to blades.

I wish I could use electric razor....it'd be much faster.

AustinChief 01-30-2013 06:01 AM

I am not exactly the most "hairy" guy in the world but no electric can ever do the job. I currently use an electric to shave 80% then "clean up" with a blade. I love my electric but it just can't do a good enough job by itself. I would love to hear from the dissenters, how an electric can give a clean shave around your adam's apple. Seriously.

007 01-30-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9363904)
I am not exactly the most "hairy" guy in the world but no electric can ever do the job. I currently use an electric to shave 80% then "clean up" with a blade. I love my electric but it just can't do a good enough job by itself. I would love to hear from the dissenters, how an electric can give a clean shave around your adam's apple. Seriously.

What electric do you use?

Braun has always done a good job for me on the apple.

Fritz88 01-30-2013 06:10 AM

The secret after shaving your neck is to resist the urge to scratch it no matter how much you want to, especially with blades.
Posted via Mobile Device

AustinChief 01-30-2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9363910)
What electric do you use?

Braun has always done a good job for me on the apple.

I have used both Braun and Remington. Neither were good enough for me. BUT that may be just me... I tend to be very particular.

007 01-30-2013 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9363913)
I have used both Braun and Remington. Neither were good enough for me. BUT that may be just me... I tend to be very particular.

I hated Remington. That thing tore me up. Braun was great for me up until they redesigned the cutting block this last year. Seriously consdering the Norelco after seeing so many positive reviews of the new high end models. Norelco always left me with stubble in the past though.

Rausch 01-30-2013 06:17 AM

I haven't found one yet.

Each one I've tried (3 of them) does a half assed job and manages to leave me half shaved while still feeling raw as hell.

Then I pick up the razor and finish...

AustinChief 01-30-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9363914)
I hated Remington. That thing tore me up. Braun was great for me up until they redesigned the cutting block this last year. Seriously consdering the Norelco after seeing so many positive reviews of the new high end models. Norelco always left me with stubble in the past though.

My current electric is a Norelco.. as I said, I love it... BUT it is great for 80-90%... after that I don't feel "clean" without using a blade to finish up.

BTW I am with you on Remington's.. last one I had was a butcher... which is weird for me since I have extremely UN-sensitive skin. Hell, I used to dry shave against the grain with cheap 7-11 razors and never had an issue. (don't judge, I had my "morning after" reasons)

AustinChief 01-30-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9363919)
I haven't found one yet.

Each one I've tried (3 of them) does a half assed job and manages to leave me half shaved while still feeling raw as hell.

Then I pick up the razor and finish...

Exactly.

007 01-30-2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9363920)
My current electric is a Norelco.. as I said, I love it... BUT it is great for 80-90%... after that I don't feel "clean" without using a blade to finish up.

BTW I am with you on Remington's.. last one I had was a butcher... which is weird for me since I have extremely UN-sensitive skin. Hell, I used to dry shave against the grain with cheap 7-11 razors and never had an issue. (don't judge, I had my "morning after" reasons)

:hmmm: