ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Please delete my account... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=74626)

Taco John 11-09-2003 09:24 PM

Please delete my account...

I don't want to be tempted to return, so I ask for the account to be completely jaked. It's one thing to be harassed by racist jackasses in PMs... It's another thing being harassed for shedding light on the racist jackasses. If you're going to bend the rules to protect racist jackasses, then I'd just as soon you delete my account immediately.

I know I'll take heat because people hate these kinds of threads... But whatever.

So in retrun to all the "good riddance" cat calls this is sure to evoke, I say 'have a nice life.'

Adios!

Taco

KCWolfman 11-09-2003 09:26 PM

Whatever. I took action as I said I would. Your post was only made to garner attraction from the masses, not to complain to the moderators. I even asked if you would put up with the crap you pulled on your own board and you admitted you wouldn't.

If you aren't smart enough to pick up on that, then you really don't need to be here anyway.

Phobia 11-09-2003 09:26 PM

I thought we reacted appropriately to any racial slurs, but I'll be happy to disable the account if you wish.

RealSNR 11-09-2003 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John

I don't want to be tempted to return, so I ask for the account to be completely jaked. It's one thing to be harassed by racist jackasses in PMs... It's another thing being harassed for shedding light on the racist jackasses. If you're going to bend the rules to protect racist jackasses, then I'd just as soon you delete my account immediately.

I know I'll take heat because people hate these kinds of threads... But whatever.

So in retrun to all the "good riddance" cat calls this is sure to evoke, I say 'have a nice life.'

Adios!

Taco

Dude, someone's gotta piss us off in the offseason. You'll send someone from the Mane over? Because MHM is too likeable to be that guy.

Dartgod 11-09-2003 09:27 PM

Hey Taco. I don't blame you for being pissed about the PM. Probably shouldn't have taken it public though.

However, the reaction you received from the mods after taking it public was over the top, IMO. As much as I hate ya, I'd hate to see ya go...

|Zach| 11-09-2003 09:29 PM

This racial slur things has been going on for a while with him from multiple users.

Just a shame IMO.

No reason for it.

WilliamTheIrish 11-09-2003 09:29 PM

I think TJ has a point here guys.

Otter's PM was way out of line.

Staying or going doesn't matter, but that PM was not right.

ChiefsFanatic 11-09-2003 09:29 PM

Quote:

Adios!

Taco

I have only been an occassional poster over the last 3 years, but I would be sorry to see you go. We need a balast to keep things level. I am sorry for whatever happened. May you stay healthy, have a good life, and cry miserably over the Bronco's 20 consecutive losing seasons. (you are currently in year #1)

MrBlond 11-09-2003 09:30 PM

If TJ is leaving can I have his post count?

the Talking Can 11-09-2003 09:31 PM

are you friends with Rosie O'donnell?

Chiefs Pantalones 11-09-2003 09:31 PM

The holidays are definately here.

The other day, I got some Christmas Carolers and heard them singing the song, "I'll be home for Christmas" right before I opened the door. I opened the door, and all the carolers were wearing Denver Broncos attire.

alanm 11-09-2003 09:31 PM

I have no idea what this is all about. But don't run off because of some assholes who are probably newbies who don't know you and racist to boot. For a Donk fan your all right:thumb:

RNR 11-09-2003 09:32 PM

Dang TJ, I do not know what happened but I hope you take a day cool off and come back, if not I will catch you at the Mane for our yearly bets.

Rain Man 11-09-2003 09:32 PM

The racist stuff is immature and stupid.

That said, can I have his account name? I could have a lot of fun with it.

the Talking Can 11-09-2003 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish

he's complaining about the mods...he has some beef with Russ...

KCWolfman 11-09-2003 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish

That issue was resolved - privately as it should be.

TJ wanted face time and tried to make it a public event - he was wrong. He admitted he wouldn't allow someone to whine publically in his sports format, why would he expect us to allow him to sh*t in ours?

Then he whined when I told him that it was resolved and his whiny post would be locked.

The insult was wrong, and action has been taken. There was no need to carry it further and make it a public execution while TJ cried about how violated he felt.

Brock 11-09-2003 09:33 PM

Nothing personal TJ, but the past accusations of racism from you have sorta taken away some credibility as far as that is concerned. I'd be sorry to see you leave permanently, however.

Dartgod 11-09-2003 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man

Taco Rain Man?

BigChiefFan 11-09-2003 09:35 PM

I don't even know what the basis for the argument is,but to say that you wouldn't tolerate it on your turf but expect the mods over here too,is expecting the rules to apply to everybody but yourself.Take your lumps,especially now that your team is sucking ass. :evil: Seriously as much as you piss me off you really should stay.Take some some time to cool off and come back.

KcMizzou 11-09-2003 09:36 PM

Eh... the guy was way out of line (I'd have been pissed too), but this thread brings 2 words to mind.... "drama queen"

MrBlond 11-09-2003 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
Taco Rain Man?

Taco Kevin? Sounds Mexican-Irish.

jettio 11-09-2003 09:37 PM

Taco should hang around.

Phobia will deal appropriately with the racial slurs.

Did KC Wolfman prove he does not have the fair judgement to be a moderator?

I remember that Frazod publicized a threatening PM a while ago. Unless some hard and fast rule about publicizing PMs emerged from that controversy, KC Wolfman does not have any business jumping Taco John for doing us the service of letting us know about Otter.

|Zach| 11-09-2003 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman

TJ wanted face time and tried to make it a public event - he was wrong. He admitted he wouldn't allow someone to whine publically in his sports format, why would he expect us to allow him to sh*t in ours?

Then he whined when I told him that it was resolved and his whiny post would be locked.

The insult was wrong, and action has been taken. There was no need to carry it further and make it a public execution while TJ cried about how violated he felt.

There have been many expamples of issues being hashed out and brought up in the main forum. There have also been a lot of threads with users calling out other users.

Why were these locked up?

You are the mods and you are welcome to do what you please. But seems obvious that TJ is dealt with to a different standard. Wouldn't you say?

Logical 11-09-2003 09:37 PM

As much shit as he stirs, I hope he decides to stay after cooling down. He adds something to the BB even if it is a bit crazy at times.

KCWolfman 11-09-2003 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
Eh... the guy was way out of line (I'd have been pissed too), but this thread brings 2 words to mind.... "drama queen"

Yup, it also allows him a way to step off the board without having to take more crap the rest of the season for his stupid predictions and come in later under another user name when the heat has died down.

Skip Towne 11-09-2003 09:39 PM

Hey, Teej, I'm Italian, just give me a name and I'll take care of it.

jettio 11-09-2003 09:39 PM

Quote:

You should not use your moderator responsibilities to protect your clique.

That sucks.

Phobia 11-09-2003 09:40 PM

Quote:

I guess.

KCWolfman 11-09-2003 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio
Taco should hang around.

Phobia will deal appropriately with the racial slurs.

Did KC Wolfman prove he does not have the fair judgement to be a moderator?

I remember that Frazod publicized a threatening PM a while ago. Unless some hard and fast rule about publicizing PMs emerged from that controversy, KC Wolfman does not have any business jumping Taco John for doing us the service of letting us know about Otter.

I never read Tim's thread. If I had, I would have locked it down as well.

As far as not "letting you know", you are being over-dramatic yourself. The thread is available to be viewed, my response to TJ was direct and in a public format, I explained why I took the action in a public format. Otter's actions were addressed privately. The message sent to him and copied to the other moderators simply is not your business unless Otter or Kyle chose to make it public.

You need to get your facts straight if you are calling someone out. Nothing about TJs post has been hidden from anyone.

wutamess 11-09-2003 09:42 PM

WTF happened here?

Chiefs Pantalones 11-09-2003 09:42 PM

Quote:

Yup, it also allows him a way to step off the board without having to take more crap the rest of the season for his stupid predictions and come in later under another user name when the heat has died down.

It sure would suck to see Taco leave. He's 0-252 on his predictions. He's tied with KCJohnny. Taco, please stay until you break his record?

Rain Man 11-09-2003 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBlond
Taco Kevin? Sounds Mexican-Irish.

Is that some kind of racist crack?

DanT 11-09-2003 09:43 PM

Is KCWolfman a moderator on this board?

Phobia 11-09-2003 09:44 PM

Quote:

That sucks.

Clique? What clique? Are you suggesting that Otter, Russ, and kcnut have a clique?

Jeesh.

the Talking Can 11-09-2003 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou

yeah, lots of people have threatened to leave the Planet...they're adults and they can choose to stay or chose to leave...I'm not a baby sitter and I don't care either way....the private message was racist and uncalled for but that doesn't mean we have to watch while taco does his "I'm such a victim" routine over several threads...I assume the mods dealt with it as soon as they were notified...

MrBlond 11-09-2003 09:45 PM

On a serious note, what did the mods do wrong or not do that they should?

They dealt with the slurs. They acknowledged they were wrong and locked the threads.

Were they supposed to not lock them and let them spend all week with TJ going back and forth?

Were they supposed to kick otter in the nuts, take a picture, and start a new BB to honor TJ?

Otter 11-09-2003 09:45 PM

I'll bet a million dollars you'll be back only because you have no control to shut your fat mouth.

Please, don't tease us T@co.

KCWolfman 11-09-2003 09:46 PM

Quote:

That sucks.

If that is what you believe has been done, complain to someone else. I really don't care about your opinion on the topic as I believe I acted as I would with anyone. Personally, I think you are full of sh*t and are complaining merely because you disagree with many of my viewpoints.

KCWolfman 11-09-2003 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Clique? What clique? Are you suggesting that Otter, Russ, and kcnut have a clique?

Jeesh.

Thanks Phil. You are now an official member of my clique.

NewChief 11-09-2003 09:47 PM

Quote:

Jeesh.

That's a frightening thought.

Ultra Peanut 11-09-2003 09:47 PM

Quote:

:LOL:

Logical 11-09-2003 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT
Is KCWolfman a moderator on this board?

He still has admininistrator privelages.

MrBlond 11-09-2003 09:47 PM

Quote:

Jeesh.

Well, they do dress alike.

XXXshogunXXX 11-09-2003 09:48 PM

no one has to delete an account, just stop posting. it's that simple..

Chiefs Pantalones 11-09-2003 09:48 PM

Quote:

Jeesh.

I don't know about you, but I'm the gang leader of the Bloods. I don't know about their gang, though...

KCWolfman 11-09-2003 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can
yeah, lots of people have threatened to leave the Planet...they're adults and they can choose to stay or chose to leave...I'm not a baby sitter and I don't care either way....the private message was racist and uncalled for but that doesn't mean we have to watch while taco does his "I'm such a victim" routine over several threads...I assume the mods dealt with it as soon as they were notified...

Actually, I wasn't notified. TJ thought it was best to complain about the problem publically, and he was wrong. I read his thread and corrected the problem. If he doesn't like the way it was dealt with, he did the right thing in leaving.

It truly is that simple.

ROYC75 11-09-2003 09:49 PM

TJ and KCWolfman has always had there fueds before, Hatfield and The McCoys type love affair.....

What Otter did was wrong.......

I don't have the full details of what happened between the mods and TJ.....

All I'll say is that TJ always brought a rivals taste to the BB, somebody for everybody to jump on and not fight amongst ourselves.

Otter 11-09-2003 09:49 PM

Poor T@co.

Would have it been more acceptable if I put my words in an off-center post where I insulted him but really didn't say what I meant'

Second warning, come on otter that is not called for - Logical

Kevin 11-09-2003 09:49 PM

Quote:

Funny you should say that, Kevin... :p

Have fun with the account...

Thanks to those that sent PMs to me in support... Unfortunately, I can't get to them and probably never will... Thanks to the Mods for doing as I requested. I'm turning a page in my posting history... I've spent too much time here anyway, especially for a Broncos fan...

There's a lesson here for those of you who would speak out: Take it like a bitch. Just shut the fuck up and take your medicine. Like a bitch.

Those of you who want me to eat crow on the predictions I've made... and the bets... You know where to find me...

Taco

KCWolfman 11-09-2003 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huggy Bear
I don't know about you, but I'm the gang leader of the Bloods. I don't know about their gang, though...

You have as much chance of running a gang as I do of winning the DNC backing this year.

jettio 11-09-2003 09:49 PM

Quote:

Jeesh.

Why did he lock down the thread?

How many threads has he ever locked before?

Why were those threads locked?

Rain Man 11-09-2003 09:50 PM

Quote:

I guess.

It's...it's almost like it's Christmas.

Logical 11-09-2003 09:50 PM

Anybody besides me feel the idea that there is a moderator clique is absurd. Hell Russ has me on iggy. ROFL

Ultra Peanut 11-09-2003 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logical
As much shit as he stirs, I hope he decides to stay after cooling down. He adds something to the BB even if it is a bit crazy at times.

Yeah. He's annoying at times, but he's still our wacky bea -- err, almost said the "b" word.

Sure-Oz 11-09-2003 09:51 PM

Later TJ!

Slayer Diablo 11-09-2003 09:51 PM

Quote:

The Planet had also decided that although it was wrong for the threats to have taken place, it was wrong for Frazod to have made the PM public.

the Talking Can 11-09-2003 09:52 PM

Quote:

Actually, I wasn't notified. TJ thought it was best to complain about the problem publically, and he was wrong. I read his thread and corrected the problem. If he doesn't like the way it was dealt with, he did the right thing in leaving.

It truly is that simple.

I thought it was handled approprietly...and I think the diva will be back within a week, in fact, I think every person that has made a "show" of leaving has returned...

Herzig 11-09-2003 09:52 PM

Drama...For a second, I thought I was at work listening to a dispute between a bunch of sixth and seventh grade girls...welcome to my job..

Hey, fellas!! There's a frikin football game on...go watch it!!

|Zach| 11-09-2003 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter
Poor T@co.

Would have it been more acceptable if I put my words in an off-center post where I insulted him but really didn't say what I meant'

You are an idiot.

DTLB58 11-09-2003 09:52 PM

I wish I could believe this was true. In fact I wish all non-Chiefs fams would stay off our BB. :clap:

Rain Man 11-09-2003 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin
Funny you should say that, Kevin... :p

Have fun with the account...

You know, the sad part about leaving is having to part ways with Kevin. I found him to be the most intelligent and football-wise poster on the planet. Plus, he's really handsome.

Phobia 11-09-2003 09:54 PM

FWIW, I didn't really see anything wrong with Otter's PM. I didn't think it was racist in the slightest. It's well known that TJ enjoys a hispanic heritage. Otter made an assumption in his smack attempt and guessed. "Mexican" isn't a slur in any way unless you're using it to imply that a Mexican is somehow beneath all other nationalities. Kcnut's slur was inappropriate. Totally. My personal feeling is that mother smack is acceptable as long as both parties wish to participate in that type of banter. I could be wrong and am willing to be shown why that phrase could be considered racist, but I don't currently see anything wrong with it. Russ did and chose to handle it. I support his decision.

NewChief 11-09-2003 09:55 PM

Quote:

I thought it was handled approprietly...and I think the diva will be back within a week, in fact, I think every person that has made a "show" of leaving has returned...

In the various online communities I've been a part of in the last 10 so so years (starting with rec.music.dead and some IRC channels), I've seen this little scenario probably 1000 times. I can honestly say that I've never seen any heated departure like this stick. I've seen people leave and never come back but not do it successfully after a big announcement of their imminent departure. Maybe Taco will break the mold, though.

KCWolfman 11-09-2003 09:55 PM

Quote:

Why did he lock down the thread?

How many threads has he ever locked before?

Why were those threads locked?

The thread was locked as a petty dispute that should have been handled privately. The thread is still available to view and has not been hidden from anyone - contrary to what you posted earlier.

I have locked and/or deleted about 10-15 threads due to harrasment, vulgarity, and inappropriate behavior - as the one you are complaining about was done.

Anything else you need? I also enjoy moonlight beach walks and romantic music beside the fireplace.

Dartgod 11-09-2003 09:55 PM

As much as Taco pisses me off sometimes, I have to say that it should be Otter that is gone (via banning). That type of behavior is uncalled for.

Otter 11-09-2003 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter
Poor T@co.

Second warning, come on otter that is not called for - Logical

Explain please.

KcMizzou 11-09-2003 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58
I wish I could believe this was true. In fact I wish all non-Chiefs fams would stay off our BB. :clap:

I heartily disagree...

MrBlond 11-09-2003 09:56 PM

Quote:

agreed. Although it won't be this week unless we lose to Cincy or Holmes is hurt or Plummer throws 4 TDs. As soon as he has good smack material to throw out he'll be back. How can he resist?

Slayer Diablo 11-09-2003 09:57 PM

Quote:

You sure about that? Sometimes we all need to hear something from the otherside....besides, some of those non-Chiefs fans are great members like the Bills fans and the Patriots fans.

alanm 11-09-2003 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Hey, Teej, I'm Italian, just give me a name and I'll take care of it.

Heeeeeeeeeey Paisan.. Waz up?:thumb: Half Italian on Mom's side half German- Dad's. I guess that means I'll never make my bones.:D

KCWolfman 11-09-2003 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
As much as Taco pisses me off sometimes, I have to say that it should be Otter that is gone (via banning). That type of behavior is uncalled for.

He has been issued a warning for his behavior.

Phobia 11-09-2003 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin
Thanks to those that sent PMs to me in support... Unfortunately, I can't get to them and probably never will... Thanks to the Mods for doing as I requested. I'm turning a page in my posting history... I've spent too much time here anyway, especially for a Broncos fan...

Actually, you've just been reset to "waiting for email confirmation". BTW, your account name was changed to Taco John OrangeMane to allow Keving to have the Taco John name....

Otter 11-09-2003 09:59 PM

**** T@co.

He comes on this board and hides his ill will twoards us in his little off-center posts and to some, that makes it OK because he didn't actually call me an asshole or whatever.

I speak my mind. I don't like him and fuck him, he's a cancer and I'm sick of him.

As far as PMs, I have a couple too if he wants to pull them out of the vault.

|Zach| 11-09-2003 10:00 PM

Quote:

He has been issued a warning for his behavior.

Thats it? Even after the orig PM which he got a warning for. A psot that he said he would do it again AND whatever was edited by Logical on this thread tonight?

For whatever it is worth I think Otter should be banned.

KCWolfman 11-09-2003 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayer Andretti
You sure about that? Sometimes we all need to hear something from the otherside....besides, some of those non-Chiefs fans are great members like the Bills fans and the Patriots fans.

Yup. Many posters have great material to add, including several fans of other teams.

RNR 11-09-2003 10:00 PM

Quote:

Really?

NewChief 11-09-2003 10:00 PM

My theory is that Otter just couldnt' handle all the love and positive rep he was getting for his newfound Trent Green love, so he had to go racial on TJ to balance the cosmic scales of asshole-dom.

|Zach| 11-09-2003 10:01 PM

I like having rival fans around. It is even fun to throw around trolls.

KCWolfman 11-09-2003 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
Thats it? Even after the orig PM which he got a warning for. A psot that he said he would do it again AND whatever was edited by Logical on this thread tonight?

For whatever it is worth I think Otter should be banned.

Jim took care of the second insult (according to what I read in Otter's post). I will not second guess the decisions of another moderator in a public format.

the Talking Can 11-09-2003 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief
In the various online communities I've been a part of in the last 10 so so years (starting with rec.music.dead and some IRC channels), I've seen this little scenario probably 1000 times. I can honestly say that I've never seen any heated departure like this stick. I've seen people leave and never come back but not do it successfully after a big announcement of their imminent departure. Maybe Taco will break the mold, though.

yeah, we were actually overdue for one of these "you can't live with out me" threads...they all think we're being punished, but really they are, and once they realize that they come back, sheepishly...by the way, I smell a poll: whats the over/under on taco's return...