ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Zero to Love in 8.2 Seconds...Ladies, is that guy staring at you? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204856)

T-post Tom 03-27-2009 12:32 AM

Zero to Love in 8.2 Seconds...Ladies, is that guy staring at you?

8.2 seconds needed to fall in love
The time needed for a man to fall in love at first sight is 8.2 seconds, scientists claim.

Last Updated: 4:01PM GMT 25 Mar 2009

The longer a man's gaze rests on a woman when they meet for the first time, the more interested he is.

If it last just four seconds, he may not be all that impressed. But if it breaks the 8.2 second barrier, he could already be in love they say.

However the same is not true for women. They let their eyes linger on men for the same length of time whether they find them attractive or not.

Hidden cameras were used to secretly track the eye movements of 115 students as they spoke to actors and actresses. They were then asked to rate their conversation partner's attractiveness.

The men looked into the eyes of actresses they considered beautiful for an average of 8.2 seconds, but that dropped to 4.5 seconds when gazing at those they rated less attractive, the journal Archives of Sexual Behavior reported.

The female students, however, looked at the actors for the same length of time. The researchers believe that men use eye contact to seek out fit and fertile mates.

But women are more wary of attracting unwanted attention because of the risks of unwanted pregnancy and single parenthood.

Pants 03-27-2009 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 5615533)
8.2 seconds needed to fall in love
The time needed for a man to fall in love at first sight is 8.2 seconds, scientists claim.

Last Updated: 4:01PM GMT 25 Mar 2009

The longer a man's gaze rests on a woman when they meet for the first time, the more interested he is.

If it last just four seconds, he may not be all that impressed. But if it breaks the 8.2 second barrier, he could already be in love they say.

However the same is not true for women. They let their eyes linger on men for the same length of time whether they find them attractive or not.

Hidden cameras were used to secretly track the eye movements of 115 students as they spoke to actors and actresses. They were then asked to rate their conversation partner's attractiveness.

The men looked into the eyes of actresses they considered beautiful for an average of 8.2 seconds, but that dropped to 4.5 seconds when gazing at those they rated less attractive, the journal Archives of Sexual Behavior reported.

The female students, however, looked at the actors for the same length of time. The researchers believe that men use eye contact to seek out fit and fertile mates.

But women are more wary of attracting unwanted attention because of the risks of unwanted pregnancy and single parenthood.

You want the 2nd look.

pr_capone 03-27-2009 12:34 AM

8.2 seconds = I love you
4.5 seconds = You're not attractive
0.0 seconds = holy shit you have some big tits

BWillie 03-27-2009 12:40 AM

There is no such thing as love at first sight. The entire concept is completely asinine. I don't know why people even think it sounds good. Why would you want to love someone on looks alone? That is what love at first sight is. I have "I want to ejaculate all over her face" at first sight. But that is about it. Just another article written to raise some eyebrows, that was it's only purpose.

T-post Tom 03-27-2009 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 5615539)
There is no such thing as love at first sight. The entire concept is completely asinine. I don't know why people even think it sounds good. Why would you want to love someone on looks alone? That is what love at first sight is. I have "I want to ejaculate all over her face" at first sight. But that is about it. Just another article written to raise some eyebrows, that was it's only purpose.

I wonder if a blind man has ever wanted to ejaculate all over the face of someone he just met.

T-post Tom 03-27-2009 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 5615535)
You want the 2nd look.

What movie did I see that in?

acesn8s 03-27-2009 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 5615541)
I wonder if a blind man has ever wanted to ejaculate all over the face of someone he just met.

He would if his hands weren't so busy.

Katipan 03-27-2009 07:44 AM

I like it when you're out in the world, and your eyes meet, and your eyes stay locked until you pass eachother.

That's my type of commitment.

Rain Man 03-27-2009 05:03 PM

Well, apparently I'm in love with T-Post Tom's avatar.

kansas hawk 03-27-2009 07:28 PM

anyone that has been to a bar/club could of told them this...

TinyEvel 03-27-2009 07:52 PM

My wife said she was love at first sight for me.
we met in ad class and I had a backwards turned cap and baggy shorts like the thuggy guys she dated in college......but I was nice and smart.

Pioli Zombie 03-27-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Thank you! Its not love. Its a boner.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man 03-27-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

I would beg to differ. I think love at first sight is quite possible, as long as you believe that specific features, mannerisms, speech, etc., are indicators of who a person is.

For example, when I was single, if I would see a woman with a perfect combination of thoughtful eyes, a slightly worried/sympathetic tilt to her eyebrows, a very slight little overbite, an angular jaw, a shy smile, and shoulder-length hair that she tucked back behind her ear, that information would tell me that she was smart, thoughtful, caring, attractive, and (the ear thing) a little kinky, which defines the perfect wife.

Now, having fallen in love at first sight, the key was that when I would get to know such a woman she would inevitably fall short of my ideal and I would fall out of love with her, but that doesn't diminish the fact that I did fall in love with her.

For example, if I was single and my heart wasn't already filled with love for my smart, thoughtful, caring, attractive, and [censored] wife, I would be in love with this woman.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CI3vutNkYKs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CI3vutNkYKs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pioli Zombie 03-27-2009 09:09 PM

You weren't in love. You had a boner.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man 03-27-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioli Zombie (Post 5618137)
You weren't in love. You had a boner.
Posted via Mobile Device

You don't understand love.