ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Fat E's 2013 Mock Drafts (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269704)

Fat Elvis 02-05-2013 09:09 AM

Fat E's 2013 Mock Drafts

Just trying a bunch out for size. Some I will like, some I won't (most of you won't like any of them which is no big deal to me); it just helps me to see them in one place so I can see how my thoughts on the draft change as FA progresses and Combine results and Pro Day observations move prospects up and down my draft boards. That said, here is my first mock:

Re-sign Albert and Bowe. DRC will hit FA this year and is Andy's buddy so he is in the red and gold next year.

1) Geno Smith, QB; West Virginia

2) Terrance Williams, WR; Baylor--is a threat both short and deep. Led the nation in receiving yardage (even with RG3 gone)

3a) Kevin Reddick, ILB; North Carolina-- 85 tackles, 18.5 tackles for a loss, 6.5 sacks, two forced fumbles and six pass breakups this year

3b) Da'Rick Rogers, WR; Tennessee Tech-- likes to get high, Hali and Houston will love him; dynamic receiver who would otherwise be a first round talent if it weren't for bong hits--if we are getting a QB, lets get him awesome weapons, and lets face it, Baldwin didn't get it together

4) Tony Jefferson, S; Oklahoma--versatile safety that can play in space or the box; could work well with Berry--I think the two of them together will be greater than the sum of their respective parts

5) Quanterus Smith, DE/OLB; Western Kentucky--a bit undersized as a DE, but could play well as an aggressive OLB, 12.5 sacks and 18.5 tackles for loss; injury (ACL tear late in the year) has him dropping on the draft boards

6) Colby Cameron, QB; Louisiana Tech--need someone to backup Geno and this kid can toss the rock (he was actually more accurate than Geno this past year)

7a) Christine Michael, RB; Texas A&M--he's got a girl's name so he runs fast and angry.

7b) Joe Madsen, C; West Virginia-- decent center who is used to getting Geno the rock, nice backup to Hudson

KC_Lee 02-05-2013 09:12 AM

Da'Rick Rogers is one of the most intriguing players in this year's draft. Million dollar talent, 5 cent head.

RealSNR 02-05-2013 09:21 AM

Cyrus 50 Shades of Gray is going to kill Christine Michael before he has a chance to meet the team.

DC.chief 02-05-2013 09:37 AM

Geno, Bowe, Williams, Rogers, Charles, Moeaki(I still have high hopes for this dude)... Damn imagine the potential with that group. Chances of draft going that way are really slim though. I'd love to take two WR early really

Fat Elvis 02-05-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 9379607)
Geno, Bowe, Williams, Rogers, Charles, Moeaki(I still have high hopes for this dude)... Damn imagine the potential with that group. Chances of draft going that way are really slim though. I'd love to take two WR early really

Slim indeed, but there are quite a few WRs in this draft that are pretty good and worthy of high picks. One of the best things for our defense this year would be a high octane offense that keeps the defense off the field. Attack! Attack! Attack!

RealSNR 02-05-2013 10:45 AM

I think drafting a CB is the other spot we NEED to draft in addition to QB. DRC would be nice according to your draft, Elvis, but I'd like to see another one in the draft on this roster. The position is too deep this year to not take one.

Sorter 02-05-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9379575)
Cyrus 50 Shades of Gray is going to kill Christine Michael before he has a chance to meet the team.

THis.

DaKCMan AP 02-05-2013 12:37 PM

If you're taking Da'Rick you don't need Williams and can take a CB/S in rd 2.

The Franchise 02-05-2013 12:43 PM

Instead of Christine Michael.....give me.....

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/1027...ick_mb_576.jpg

Fat Elvis 03-03-2013 04:59 PM

We'll try this again with our new information (we traded our 2nd round pick[s] for Alex Smith).

We will also assume that we are keeping Bowe and Albert. I also still think DRC will reunite with Reid in KC in the off season.

The hope of drafting a QB #1 overall is growing dimmer and dimmer...so I am going to assume that isn't going to happen. So what do I think is the most likely option? Trade down. Wha? Not gonna happen, you say? There was a reason that the Cards were so high on trading for Smith: their QB situation is even worse than KCs. Seriously. They need a QB in the worst way. I think there is a good chance they will want Geno, and if we aren't drafting him, then lets get their picks.... Using a draft value chart, we could expect a trade of firsts, their second (recouping our second we gave up for ASmith) and their first next year.

1.7- Corradelle Patterson- WR. This guy and Bowe would give ASmith the targets he needs to really implement Reid's version of the WCO. There would be no reason or excuse for ASmith to fail.

2- Matt Elam-SS. This might be a stretch, and Elam may not be there by the time the Chiefs pick in the second due to his combine, but it would go a long way to shoring up the secondary. Both he and berry could move around to disguise the defense.

3a) Terron Armstead- OT. He had a great combine, but he really hasn't played against top notch competition. If he slides out of the second round, Reid and Dorsey have their (yet another) tackle to bolster their "Shell" game.

3b) Kevin Reddick, ILB; North Carolina-- 85 tackles, 18.5 tackles for a loss, 6.5 sacks, two forced fumbles and six pass breakups this year

4) Jordan Reed, TE; ASmith loves him some TEs with good hands and Reed will offer that.

5) Quanterus Smith, DE/OLB; Western Kentucky--a bit undersized as a DE, but could play well as an aggressive OLB, 12.5 sacks and 18.5 tackles for loss; injury (ACL tear late in the year) has him dropping on the draft boards

6) Colby Cameron, QB; Louisiana Tech--need someone to backup Geno Alex and this kid can toss the rock (he was actually more accurate than Geno this past year)

7 a & b) Who knows....

Direckshun 03-03-2013 05:33 PM

Man, I can't help but think you left us a bit dry in the backfield, even with the extra pick you raked in.

QB: Smith, Stanzi, Cameron
RB: Charles, Droughn, Gray
FB: DiMarco

WR: Bowe, Patterson, Baldwin, McCluster, Wylie
TE: Moeaki, Reed, Maneri

LT: Albert, Stephenson
LG: Allen, Hochstein
C: Hudson, Patterson
RG: Asamoah, Hochstein
RT: Winston, Armstead

DE: Bailey, Muir
NT: Poe, Powe, Toribio
DE: Jackson, Smith

OLB: Hali, Jones
ILB: Reddick, Sturdivant
ILB: Johnson, Greenwood
OB: Houston, Smith

CB: Flowers, Rodgers-Cromartie, Arenas, Brown, Menzie
S: Berry, Elam, Abdullah, Lewis

K: Succop
P: Colquitt
LS: Gafford

Fat Elvis 03-04-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9461155)
Man, I can't help but think you left us a bit dry in the backfield, even with the extra pick you raked in.

QB: Smith, Stanzi, Cameron
RB: Charles, Droughn, Gray
FB: DiMarco

WR: Bowe, Patterson, Baldwin, McCluster, Wylie
TE: Moeaki, Reed, Maneri

LT: Albert, Stephenson
LG: Allen, Hochstein
C: Hudson, Patterson
RG: Asamoah, Hochstein
RT: Winston, Armstead

DE: Bailey, Muir
NT: Poe, Powe, Toribio
DE: Jackson, Smith

OLB: Hali, Jones
ILB: Reddick, Sturdivant
ILB: Johnson, Greenwood
OB: Houston, Smith

CB: Flowers, Rodgers-Cromartie, Arenas, Brown, Menzie
S: Berry, Elam, Abdullah, Lewis

K: Succop
P: Colquitt
LS: Gafford

I would put Cameron as the #2 QB and Tanney as #3. Stanzi can pack his bags with Cassel and Quinn. Steven Jackson might be an interesting FA pickup to help shore up the backfield as well.