ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request I need help fast, guys. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270178)

ModSocks 02-19-2013 10:36 AM

Jail was the only reason my dad was able to kick Heroin. He had to do it cold turkey in county, but it does work.

Now.....what he does when he gets out....that's another story.

Sometimes people just don't want to change.

Chief Pote 02-19-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9415199)
Not exactly true. You can make a difference RIGHT NOW. While he's passed out you need to get all his stash from him. Next drag him into a closet that you can lock and keep him there until he's dried out. You can cut a small hole in the bottom to slip him some water from time to time and maybe some cheese sticks when he gets hungry. Go ahead and tell your mom what's up so she won't get too concerned about what all the noise is coming from the closet. This will all be over with in three to five days. He will thank you later and you'll have peace of mind that you saved your brothers life.

WOW :shake:

bowener 02-19-2013 10:50 AM

For those confused by the assault charge there is far more to this story than what I have posted on here. They are still in the process of getting a warrant. Unfortunately this town cannot afford a drug dog, otherwise this would have all been settled last night most likely.

Chief Pote 02-19-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9415332)
For those confused by the assault charge there is far more to this story than what I have posted on here. They are still in the process of getting a warrant. Unfortunately this town cannot afford a drug dog, otherwise this would have all been settled last night most likely.

Hang in there bro, you did the right thing. Family troubles are tough to deal with sometimes.

I'm sure glad my siblings are a bunch of boring nerds(except me of course).

wazu 02-19-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9415332)

Let me guess...was there an assault of some kind?

Rasputin 02-19-2013 11:11 AM

For yourself Bowener go talk to a pastor or somebody in confidentiality. It's ok to break down yourself & get a grip of understanding of the monster you and your brother face. It is on your brother to recover but you got to be able to deal with it some how for yourself too. Prayer is a good place to start and seek guidence.

God speed brother. Hang in there & stay strong.

DementedLogic 02-19-2013 11:33 AM

This is an issue I had to deal with for a long time. My cousin, who I am very close with, is a recovering heroin addict. Until they hit rock bottom, there isn't much you can do to help. My cousin OD'ed and spent a week in a coma, and that was his rock bottom. When he woke up, he was so grateful to be alive that he finally decided to face his problem. He turned himself in for the felony drug charges against him and spent some time in prison, but that time in prison helped him a lot. It gave his life some much needed structure while he recovered from his addiction. It also gave him additional motivation to never use again. He's been sober for almost 3 years now and is studying to become a mechanical engineer.

It's important to remember that when you think you might be helping him, you might actually be hurting him. The best thing you can do safely steer him towards rock bottom. That is the only thing that will convince him that he needs to help himself. The longer he stays hooked, the less likely he will ever be able to get sober again.

saphojunkie 02-19-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9415278)
Good point. My advice would be then to divide his stash up into 5 days worth and give him a smaller amount each day till it's gone. That should get him thru withdrawals.

You've seen too many movies. There are people who, you know, GO TO MEDICAL SCHOOL that should be in charge of this process.

Not a hog farmer.

Ace Gunner 02-19-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9415547)
You've seen too many movies. There are people who, you know, GO TO MEDICAL SCHOOL that should be in charge of this process.

Not a hog farmer.

ya but this isn't a medical problem , it's a drug criminal problem /christianity

bowener 02-19-2013 06:21 PM

Update:

Police finally searched his truck and found drugs and paraphernalia, as well as jewelry that was stolen from my mother a week ago. Unfortunately only the worthless stuff remained. There is still roughly $8,000+ missing, but we think we know which Pawn Shop in Independence he may have tried to sell them at.

Honestly I feel relief knowing where he will be for the foreseeable future. It all still seems surreal. We are hoping the judge leans toward a court ordered rehab program, but the county judge isn't know for leniency.

Easy 6 02-19-2013 06:27 PM

You did the right thing dude, this was the wake-up call he needed... even if, as Hamas said, it makes him hate you for a while.

When/if he straightens himself out, he'll be grateful that you had the balls to do it.

Were i in your shoes i wouldnt second guess it for one second, it had to be done and you did it... good job, sometimes love is tough.

bevischief 02-19-2013 06:28 PM

Good luck. Didn't you have a job interview today?

bowener 02-19-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9416717)
Good luck. Didn't you have a job interview today?

Yep. I don't feel like it went well. My mind was on other things obviously, and I slept a rough 90 minutes before I had to get up. It isn't the end of the world. I will have other chances. I actually found another opening today closer to where I currently live, so that is pretty great!

Rasputin 02-19-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9416715)
You did the right thing dude, this was the wake-up call he needed... even if, as Hamas said, it makes him hate you for a while.

When/if he straightens himself out, he'll be grateful that you had the balls to do it.

Were i in your shoes i wouldnt second guess it for one second, it had to be done and you did it... good job, sometimes love is tough.

Word for word this. Good job making that tough call. I feel for you and get your rest. Good luck getting that job stay strong. You put it in Gods hands now.

TimeForWasp 02-19-2013 08:40 PM

bullshit cops don't give a ****. They only care about bust counts.