ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink What y'all cookin for the long weekend? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263019)

tooge 08-30-2012 02:49 PM

What y'all cookin for the long weekend?

I always make it a point to fire up the smoker and or grill whenever we have a long weekend. I'm planning on buying two salmon filets, one to smoke and one to attempt to make Lox (gravlox) by curing it. If I'm gonna go to the trouble of firing the smoker up and cleaning it, I'm gonna go ahead and smoke a packer cut brisket as well. What you got?

Ceej 08-30-2012 02:52 PM

Chicken breasts on the Foreman, bitches!!!

WHA, WHA!!!

Great Expectations 08-30-2012 02:53 PM

I made a brisket last weekend; anyone know of a place that just sells the point?

Salmon sounds good, I have some Alder wood I've been meaning to burn.

tooge 08-30-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 8865216)
I made a brisket last weekend; anyone know of a place that just sells the point?

Salmon sounds good, I have some Alder wood I've been meaning to burn.

Oooh, that alder would be awesome. I know HyVee sells the flats only, and if they sell the flats, then I would imagine they would cut the point out for you and then just trim and sell the flat by itself. Probably have to ask the butcher tho.

FlaChief58 08-30-2012 02:57 PM

Tomorrow I'll be smoking up a pork loin. Saturday My buddy wants me to make chicken thighs and sausages for his FF draft. Sunday I'm thinking shrimp shish kabobs on the grill

KCUnited 08-30-2012 03:13 PM

I'm with you, if I'm firing it up I'm getting my money's worth. I'm smoking a brined salmon appetizer style, a couple fatties (rolled sausage stuffed with whatever), and a brisket. I got a brisket from a family farm in NE Kansas. I honestly think the briskets at McGonigles are over trimmed. I'll likely grill some tri-tip and veg at some point.

tooge 08-30-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 8865256)
I'm with you, if I'm firing it up I'm getting my money's worth. I'm smoking a brined salmon appetizer style, a couple fatties (rolled sausage stuffed with whatever), and a brisket. I got a brisket from a family farm in NE Kansas. I honestly think the briskets at McGonigles are over trimmed. I'll likely grill some tri-tip and veg at some point.

speaking of tri tip, a buddy of mine did the tri tip roast, then took the leftovers, sliced em real thin, and made a jous out of the original drippings. We had french dip with tri tip served on hogie rolls with a spicy gardinaire. It was the bomb.

DMAC 08-30-2012 03:26 PM

Mountain Home Dehydrated Chili Mac

Fire Me Boy! 08-30-2012 03:26 PM

I really want to crack open one of these bottles of Earthquake, so I may pick up a couple prime grade rib eyes and grill.

FlaChief58 08-30-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 8865290)
speaking of tri tip, a buddy of mine did the tri tip roast, then took the leftovers, sliced em real thin, and made a jous out of the original drippings. We had french dip with tri tip served on hogie rolls with a spicy gardinaire. It was the bomb.

:drool:

ModSocks 08-30-2012 03:36 PM

Hrmmmm.....I think i might tinker with a home made chili this weekend.

Fire Me Boy! 08-30-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Macho Man (Post 8865311)

The absolute single best thing you can do for homemade chili is use homemade chile powder. Seriously.

Here's a good one to start with: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html

Ceej 08-30-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Macho Man (Post 8865311)

Man, I'm a chili fanatic.

But for some reason I can only it eat during the fall or winter.

lcarus 08-30-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8865344)

Do you use cinnamon in your chili?

FlaChief58 08-30-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8865344)

This. I wont be cooking chilli till november when it cools down a bit