ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Brett Favre is a douchebag....... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=147498)

Mecca 09-11-2006 02:02 PM

Brett Favre is a douchebag.......

"I was optimistic going into this game, I really was," Favre said. "Maybe I was the only one, but I really felt like we could surprise these guys. Obviously, that was not the case."

Seriously though, could he be a bigger douchebag?

I have no idea why the media loves this guy so much. He threw Javon Walker under the bus last off season, saying he was basically dumb and hurting the team by holding out. He blew that playoff game 3 years ago agaisnt the Eagles, but oh that was just Bret trying to win?? He holds the Packers hostage this offseason, doing phoney press confrences where all he does is say what he thinks the front office should do, also add to his on again off again "will he retire"talk.

If this was TO, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, ect ect acting in this way, he would be such a deamon to the media. But somehow because it is Brett Favre, it is just Bret being competitive, and Brett's love for the game. Gimme a break, it has always been about Brett's love for Brett.

tk13 09-11-2006 02:05 PM

:spock:

Bwana 09-11-2006 02:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:spock:

Mecca 09-11-2006 02:07 PM

Give me the face all you want but if Terrell Owens said the exact same shit he does it would be a story for 6 months about what an asshole he is and how he isn't a team guy.

jspchief 09-11-2006 02:07 PM

Coming from the guy that defends Owens and Charles Rogers.

Someone in this thread is a douchebag, and it's not Brett Favre.

Bwana 09-11-2006 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
Give me the face all you want but if Terrell Owens said the exact same shit he does it would be a story for 6 months about what an asshole he is and how he isn't a team guy.

That would be because Owens IS a douche bag.

vailpass 09-11-2006 02:13 PM

No smack, honest question:

Were you a football fan at the beginning of Favre's career? Have you seen him play year in and year out; did you see him lead his team to back-to-back Superbowls? Have you seen his toughness, grit, and loyalty?

The guy is the last of the old-school gunslingers.

What he is today may not be pretty but those who know his entire body of work know enough to respect the guy whether you like him or not.

EMT35 09-11-2006 02:13 PM

Well, if you look at the NFL image right now..... you will see that they like to suck off a few QB's constantly! They have built the media attention around Vick, Mannings, Favre, Culpepper, and McNabb! Notice the common denominator.... They are all choke artists!

Mecca 09-11-2006 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass
No smack, honest question:

Were you a football fan at the beginning of Favre's career? Have you seen him play year in and year out; did you see him lead his team to back-to-back Superbowls? Have you seen his toughness, grit, and loyalty?

The guy is the last of the old-school gunslingers.

What he is today may not be pretty but those who know his entire body of work know enough to respect the guy whether you like him or not.

Yes I understand he was once a great player......

Honest question....why is it ok for him to say things like that when if other guys, examples I listed, did they'd be ripped for it?

jspchief 09-11-2006 02:14 PM

Favre didn't give up that 4th and 26 against Philly either.

Hound333 09-11-2006 02:15 PM

If Brett had the track record of TO then it would be blown up. He made one mistake in his career with talking about the Walker contract issue. He's on a terrible team and is old. He should of retired but didn't. I can't get mad at a guy wanting to play another year. I wish I could still play. Now if he gets in the middle of another contract issue he will get blasted.

tk13 09-11-2006 02:16 PM

I've read that quote 10 times, and I still don't see what makes it so bad. He didn't throw anybody in particular under the bus or anything. Just said he thought they could win, and he was wrong. Which he was. They got slaughtered. Sounds like he was trying to put a good spin on it to me.

jspchief 09-11-2006 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
Yes I understand he was once a great player......

Honest question....why is it ok for him to say things like that when if other guys, examples I listed, did they'd be ripped for it?

Seriously, I don't see the slightest thing bad about what he said. What exactly do you find so offensive about it?

They were the 4th worst team in the NFL last year playing the defending division champs. What's wrong with saying you were optimistic?

BigRock 09-11-2006 02:17 PM

So what's so awful about his quote? :shrug:

gblowfish 09-11-2006 02:17 PM

There's probably some guy in his apartment in Chicago pasting pictures of Brett Favre on hot water bottles, so he can sell them outside Soldier Field for the re-match.

"Get your Green Bay Douchebags.....get em right here....Only $20!!!"

Hey, come to think about it...that's not a bad idea!

"Get your Jake Plummer Douchebags...only $20!!!"