ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KSU KSU vs Alabama for Natl Champion - Who wins? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265468)

ChiTown 10-22-2012 07:57 AM

LOL, there is some professional sized butt-hurt exuding from this thread.

ndws 10-22-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9035700)
Cross burning aggy? We have an elephant for a mascot for no GD reason aggy?

My guess is because a Crimson Tide bloody pad was deemed inappropriate, even in Alabama. So the next best way to honor their ladies there was to use an elephant.

DaKCMan AP 10-22-2012 08:06 AM

Adam Davis - 6'0", 255
Vaikalafi Lutui - 6'2", 280
John Sua - 6'0", 290
Meshak Williams - 6'3", 245

That D-Line would get pushed around and abused by Alabama or Florida's O-Line.

The SEC continues to win because their elite teams control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

duncan_idaho 10-22-2012 08:15 AM

THis would be an interesting title matchup if for no reason other than they both execute so well. I don't know that we've ever seen a title game where both participants are so efficient from that standpoint (Not one I can think of).

I'd take Alabama by 10-14.

Snyder is a genius - top 5 coach of all time, and I'm sure he'd have won at least 3 national titles if at a school with more natural advantages - and his defense is very, very sound. But Alabama's front is SO good. Huge, athletic and consistent. Back that up with overwhelming talent, and they're going to be successful against even a good defense. Bama will execute enough to stress KSU's incredibly solid and smart but not overwhelmingly athletic defense. McCarron is a perfect fit for that system, too. He just isn't going to make mistakes or help the defense.

On defense, Alabama plays a lot like KSU. Incredibly sound. They just don't make mistakes. The difference comes in, IMO, at LB - where Alabama has 3-4 Arthur Browns on the roster and in the secondary.

That's been the biggest difference, IMO, in what I see from SEC teams this year. The level of athlete in the secondary is just higher across the board than in the Big 12.

I think Alabama would be able to make KSU one-dimensional (shutting down the run with the front 6/7), and I don't know that Klein has the arm or accuracy to throw consistently against the sticky-tight coverage Alabama will throw out there.

Klein has made BIG strides there, especially from what I saw in my last trip to Manhattan, ever, but the release is still a little slow, and most of what I've seen him doing this year involves throwing to guys who have at least 3-5 yards of separation.

Saulbadguy 10-22-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9037910)
Adam Davis - 6'0", 255
John Sua - 6'0", 290

The SEC continues to win because their elite teams control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Yeah, Oklahoma really dominated those guys. :rolleyes:

You can't tell me Alabama or Florida has that much more talent than Oklahoma.

mr. tegu 10-22-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9037910)
Adam Davis - 6'0", 255
John Sua - 6'0", 290

No doubt either of those teams wins the game. I just don't see it being a blowout by any means. It will be one of those games where the game was closer than the score indicates.

The funny thing is that I am not even a fan of K-State or a non fan of Alabama. I am just being objective. Something most people in this thread are not capable of. (not referring to you specifically DaKCMan).

Reerun_KC 10-22-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9037928)

ROFL

Oklahoma?

ROFL

Saulbadguy 10-22-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9037935)
ROFL

Oklahoma?

ROFL

OU is always loaded with talent.

Their problems the last few years haven't been talent related. (except perhaps at the QB position...)

DaKCMan AP 10-22-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9037928)

In the trenches, yes, they do.

ChiTown 10-22-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9037935)
ROFL

Oklahoma?

ROFL

Not sure why this is funny? OU sends a lot of guys from their OL to the NFL.

DaKCMan AP 10-22-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9037945)
Not sure why this is funny? OU sends a lot of guys from their OL to the NFL.

They do, but the biggest advantage the SEC teams have over other conferences are dominant offensive and defensive lines. Last time Florida played Oklahoma they outrushed them 249yds (5.4ypc) to 107yds (3.7ypc). They held an Oklahoma team averaging 54 ppg to 14 pts.

ChiTown 10-22-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9037960)
They do, but the biggest advantage the SEC teams have over other conferences are dominant offensive and defensive lines. Last time Florida played Oklahoma they outrushed them 249yds (5.4ypc) to 107yds (3.7ypc). They held an Oklahoma team averaging 54 ppg to 14 pts.

No argument on the DL. The SEC dominates that category like no other.

mr. tegu 10-22-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9038018)
No argument on the DL. The SEC dominates that category like no other.

Not the NFL though :mad:

Lzen 10-22-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9037505)
I see no comparison. :shrug:

I know it's hard for you to see since you are a KSU fan, but they are around. Jamie, you are one of the good ones, IMO. So for your sake and the ones like you, I don't wish anything bad for your team. But there are those that are just as bad as the so called "arrogant" KU fans that our rivals always complain about. And the only thing they deserve is failure.

Los Pollos Hermanos 10-22-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9037433)
I would rather someone throw a javelin into my taint than see k-state win a NC. The fans are bad enough without one.

I would chip in on that javelin.